NewGRFs

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Master Trams
Engineer
Engineer

NewGRFs

Post by Master Trams »

I have installed NewGRFs that means ships can appear from 1700, yet when I start a game in 1800, the option to build any infrastructure whatsoever is still disabled. Please help.
kamnet

Re: NewGRFs

Post by kamnet »

Can you post a copy of a save game which shows this?
Master Trams
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Master Trams »

kamnet wrote: 09 Sep 2019 23:21 Can you post a copy of a save game which shows this?
If you can tell me how to do so on Android then I will try. I have been having problems with storage and hence my phone has been randomly deleting things. Will check if I still have it.
I love distracting myself from my day job by doing my day job thanks to OpenTTD JGR!
rowdog
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rowdog »

I'm just guessing here but I think your real question is, "how do I get vehicles in an early start?"

Openttd will only let you build infrastructure for vehicles that are available. If you mean that you can't build train tracks, you need a train set that has trains available in the year that you start the game in.

One thing to keep in mind with the train sets is that steam didn't really come into wide spread use until around 1880, which is when I generally start my games. The only NewGRF that I know of with trains in 1700 is NUTS. 2cc Trains in NML usually will have trains in 1835.

For road vehicles, I know Polroad has a horse cart available in 1700.

For boats, there is Sailing Ships, which also begins in 1700.

Keep in mind that there's a couple years of random variance in the year a game begins so if your train hasn't shown up yet, you might want to begin a year or two later or maybe wait it out if you've got some other vehicles to get started with.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Master Trams wrote: 10 Sep 2019 20:26
kamnet wrote: 09 Sep 2019 23:21 Can you post a copy of a save game which shows this?
If you can tell me how to do so on Android then I will try. I have been having problems with storage and hence my phone has been randomly deleting things. Will check if I still have it.
Your saved game should be in Android/data/org.openttd.sdl/files/.openttd/save/[whatever you named the file].sav

If your phone is deleting files, then make sure that the NewGRF you downloaded is still available in NewGRF settings, and make sure that you've actually activated it and saved the settings. If you need to double check, downloaded files should be in Android/data/org.openttd.sdl/files/.openttd/content_download/newgrf/

If you don't have an Android file browser, you'll probably need to download one.
Master Trams
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Master Trams »

kamnet wrote: 11 Sep 2019 01:31
Master Trams wrote: 10 Sep 2019 20:26
Your saved game should be in Android/data/org.openttd.sdl/files/.openttd/save/[whatever you named the file].sav

If your phone is deleting files, then make sure that the NewGRF you downloaded is still available in NewGRF settings, and make sure that you've actually activated it and saved the settings. If you need to double check, downloaded files should be in Android/data/org.openttd.sdl/files/.openttd/content_download/newgrf/

If you don't have an Android file browser, you'll probably need to download one.
Thanks, I'll see if I can send the save game.
I love distracting myself from my day job by doing my day job thanks to OpenTTD JGR!
Master Trams
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Master Trams »

rowdog wrote: 10 Sep 2019 21:03 I'm just guessing here but I think your real question is, "how do I get vehicles in an early start?"

Openttd will only let you build infrastructure for vehicles that are available. If you mean that you can't build train tracks, you need a train set that has trains available in the year that you start the game in.

One thing to keep in mind with the train sets is that steam didn't really come into wide spread use until around 1880, which is when I generally start my games. The only NewGRF that I know of with trains in 1700 is NUTS. 2cc Trains in NML usually will have trains in 1835.

For road vehicles, I know Polroad has a horse cart available in 1700.

For boats, there is Sailing Ships, which also begins in 1700.

Keep in mind that there's a couple years of random variance in the year a game begins so if your train hasn't shown up yet, you might want to begin a year or two later or maybe wait it out if you've got some other vehicles to get started with.
Sailing Ships is the NewGRF I had, but I'm guessing that because I didn't have trains that early, it's not letting me build water infrastructure either.

Return to “General OpenTTD”