[OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

welshdragon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by welshdragon »

Hey, What happened to the final GRF?

Also, is there any reason why the 170 only has the CT livery. despite saying there are other liveries?
Semi-Retired TT-Forums Member.
These days I'm:
[list][*]A Local Transport Representative for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Social Media Advisxer for Bus Users Cymru
[*]Volunteer and Fundraiser for Guide Dogs[/list]
flickr | twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Steam

I used to be an idiot called tycoonmarkj.
fam622
Engineer
Engineer

Question: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by fam622 »

Why is it that you cant buy any of the trains which have already been designed/released?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Question: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by NekoMaster »

fam622 wrote:Why is it that you cant buy any of the trains which have already been designed/released?
What do you mean? If you know how OPenTTD works you should know how to buy vehicles from their respective Depots...

Its possible that if this set uses railtypes, you'll need a rail type GRF like NuTracks.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Im assuming you have the “Vehicles Never Expire” switched off, which means that train models become obsolete.

In BRTrains (and the future BORTS) by default all train models have a very short model life in the purchase window to encourage the player to purchase trains in bulk (much like a TOC would in real life)

If you want to see the full range available you should turn on Vehicles Never Expire.

Equally as mentioned above, BRTrains is designed in principle to be used with BRTracks, however it will function with pretty much any trackset newgrf which has a railtable coded in.
Broccoli
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Broccoli »

Really good work and I really appreciate this set.

However I'm having an issue with the trains being available even with "vehicles never expire: on" as above year 2018, half the trains disappear from the depot and aren't purchasable anymore.
SquireJames
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SquireJames »

Broccoli wrote:Really good work and I really appreciate this set.

However I'm having an issue with the trains being available even with "vehicles never expire: on" as above year 2018, half the trains disappear from the depot and aren't purchasable anymore.
Turn on "Vehicles never expire" then open the console and type resetengines
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Found a bug (is thrs even still developed?)

The 373/1 displays as 7 tiles long, even though its actually 8.

Taken a screenshot of the issue, incase it helps at all :lol:
Attachments
Bonnford Transport, 2009-10-05.png
(97.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vrn »

Redirect Left wrote: The 373/1 displays as 7 tiles long, even though its actually 8.
The train is 7.8 tiles long, not 7.0 :wink: .
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Ah, upon closer inspection are you are indeed correct. It's hard to notice those tiny nuimbers on larger resolutions. Perhaps we need something a bit more obvious than that little number!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

If all your NewGRF vehicle sets are well behaved and set the same 32px depot spacing, then you will get vertical dividers marking tiles in the depot window.
Otherwise, different NewGRF vehicles are drawn according to their designated length where 1 tile in one set may appear shorter than 1 tile in another set. (Personally I think this is bad UI design, but apparently people complained when it wasn't this way.)

And you can of course just increase the font size.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
LazytownSpo666
Engineer
Engineer

Post by LazytownSpo666 »

How Did i Change the Livery of Class 43
Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lex-Pelham »

LazytownSpo666 wrote: 02 Jul 2019 14:24 How Did i Change the Livery of Class 43
After purchasing the loco, click on the refit button, which is the middle button in the train window.

Next, when a new window appears, click on the "+" icon next to the word passenger and select the desired paint scheme you want.

I hope this information is very helpful.

Good luck
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

Just returned to the game again after a haitus, and it's great to see the development that's gone into this from the ashes of the BROS/BRSet

Is there any development going on currently? I'd be happy to make some more graphics and tidy up a few of the old ones (I made the 390, most of the 180, and worked on a few others), add new liveries etc if there's still coding work ongoing
Jon
JCarnon
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JCarnon »

Just found this set, looks immense. Great work.

When I enable in OpenTTD, I am only presented with Passenger Trains/Coaches. No other Industry wagons are available. Have I done something wrong or am I unable to use this set for Industries as well?

Cheers

J
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

JCarnon wrote: 02 Sep 2019 12:03 When I enable in OpenTTD, I am only presented with Passenger Trains/Coaches. No other Industry wagons are available. Have I done something wrong or am I unable to use this set for Industries as well?
The historical British Rail / BR was mostly passenger, mail and parcel service, not industry and cargo. You'll need another set for that, for which I will suggest at the very least OpenGFX+ Trains, which will bring back the original OpenTTD locomotives and wagons.
Argus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Argus »

Personally, I use this set which has only wagons - viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76115 - as a supplement
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Does this set have train ageing? I ask because i've noticed a few of the trains in my game have become garbled looking, i'm not sure if something is corrupt or intended ageing.

Both of these trains are Underground S8 stock, the lower one looks normal, the higher one is... wrong looking. I've tried sending it to for autorenew, and in that image the train is brand new. The only way to fix the garbled graphics is to send to depot, trash it, create a brand new one, autorenew doesn't do anything. (except renew it). Several trains are displaying this look, instead of it just one.

I am using JGRs Patchpack, latest version (32.1).

Been using this GRF for years now and i still love it, great work to all involved, I hope it'll be updated still later on, despite the current dry session.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

A quick look back at the code shows that those graphics belong to one of the other liveries of that train (I believe that one is the poppies livery for remembrance Day).
There is no ageing coded into the set and changing the livery should "fix" it
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Gwyd wrote: 30 Oct 2019 06:46 A quick look back at the code shows that those graphics belong to one of the other liveries of that train (I believe that one is the poppies livery for remembrance Day).
There is no ageing coded into the set and changing the livery should "fix" it
Ah, I wonder if that auto-selected by the GRF givng remembrance sunder is coming up, or if it somehow crept in and went unnoticed for ages until i eventually cloned it and it became more common in my save.
audigex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by audigex »

How do I access the files and code for this project?

I've tried the OpenTTDCoop devzone link, but I get a "You are not authorized to access this page" error, despite being logged in
Jon

Return to “Graphics Development”