Download access

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

katiequinn
Engineer
Engineer

Download access

Post by katiequinn »

well, I know it can be not fair ... but:
maybe non-members (not-logged people) should not have access to download files (let's say when they would try page appear that they have to be logged to download files,but able to see/download attached images) ...

let's say that they would be able to download things from Off-Topic section
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Download access

Post by Redirect Left »

You suggested something but didn't add any reasoning as to why?
It seems very pointless to restrict peoples access to downloading things. It isn't like anything posted on this forum needs to be restricted from a specific group of people. Also denying access to files will probably not make people register, and just simply not have the file anyway.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Yep, that annoys me. If that had been in place when I first came here, I probably wouldn't have registered and found another game to like.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

While that would potentially save some bandwidth, it would also be very annoying - vBulletin forums seem to have this as the default setting, and it's very frustrating. It's a no from me I'm afraid!

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”