Starting railway set

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

PJ156
Engineer
Engineer

Starting railway set

Post by PJ156 »

Each time I start a new game in 1940 - 1950 it opens with the narrow track set. This the case for any start date/year unless I start at a much more recent year (1980 for example), then I have narrow or third rail only.

I cannot seem to get the normal and electric track sets?

The game functioned normally on my recent 1.9.2 install but showed the above behaviour when I set up my second game. I reinstalled 1.9.2 and the game is the same (narrow only even starting at 1950).

I have no custom content attached to my new install,

Can I fix this behaviour?

PJ
PJ156
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Starting railway set

Post by PJ156 »

Hmmmm I seem to have found two installation file sets. I have deleted one and the games is working normally :roll:

See how I get on ...

PJ
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

This is expected behavior when you use a NewGRF set. The new track set will replace all original tracks unless it has been designed to provide a replacement version.

Which track set NewGRF were you using? OpenTTD now allows for multiple track types beyond 15 (up to 64), there may be a better set than the one you downloaded.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

kamnet wrote: 20 Jul 2019 16:11 This is expected behavior when you use a NewGRF set. The new track set will replace all original tracks unless it has been designed to provide a replacement version.
uhm, no, this is incorrect. NewGRF track sets cannot disable the original track types (only override them). however, the game will disable track types if there are no vehicles for them.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”