Go to the depot -> replace vehicle

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

BattlePeasant
Engineer
Engineer

Go to the depot -> replace vehicle

Post by BattlePeasant »

I propose to add in the task "go to the depot", an additional option: "replace vehicle".
Add a list of autoreplace. If the vehicle type is not listed, then the vehicle is stopped as if by a stop command.
Last edited by BattlePeasant on 01 Jul 2019 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
Who wants to work - is looking for ways, who does not want - reasons.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Go to the depot -> replace vehicle

Post by Eddi »

that's probably a neat idea, but how do you communicate this behaviour in 3 words or less?
BattlePeasant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BattlePeasant »

Sorry, I can not understand the question.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

i mean, if you want to add this behaviour you need to add it to the dropdown, and that dropdown text cannot be too long.
BattlePeasant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BattlePeasant »

Now there are dropdown items: "Always go", "Maintain if needed", "Stop". Need to add: "Replace vehicle". Can this be incomprehensible?
In the former auto replacement, the same was written: https://wiki.openttd.org/Replace_vehicles
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

BattlePeasant wrote: 01 Jul 2019 12:42Need to add: "Replace vehicle". Can this be incomprehensible?
yes, it doesn't mention stopping if no replacement is defined.
BattlePeasant
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BattlePeasant »

There will be a message: the vehicle is waiting in the garage. Stop will be noticed.
Many features of the game it is difficult to understand without reading the wiki. Why not make useful tooltips? For example, the "go to" button has a very large help text.
syl59
Engineer
Engineer

Post by syl59 »

BattlePeasant wrote: 01 Jul 2019 14:28 There will be a message: the vehicle is waiting in the garage. Stop will be noticed.
Many features of the game it is difficult to understand without reading the wiki. Why not make useful tooltips? For example, the "go to" button has a very large help text.
When you mouse over a button, a info bubble appears. You can set up when this info bubble appears in the parameters menu.

Also a few points of how I do ...
If I want to replace my vehicles "quickly", I use the auto-replacement menu, and I send my vehicles into servicing. You can also do that on subgroup, if I want to replace a certain category of vehicles only.
Also, you can replace your vehicle in a depot : Using the auto-replacement feature, click on the yellow up-arrow in the depot (vehicle don't need to be stopped, it just needs to be in the depot)
kiss
keep it simple, stupid

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”