What is this?

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Rockybalboaslefthand
Engineer
Engineer

What is this?

Post by Rockybalboaslefthand »

Looks exactly like ottd with a price:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1084020/TheoTown/
Chrill

Re: What is this?

Post by Chrill »

I'd say it looks more like a SimCity 2000 clone than OpenTTD, but there are some building sprites that look familiar.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

That strongly looks like a few NewGRFs from the community - especially Total Town Replacement Set, 1000 Building Set, or City Objects.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I'm guessing if you can prove it, you may be able to report it, as most GRFs are under licencing that don't allow them to be sold, and also require the source code of them to be included?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

acs121 wrote:That strongly looks like a few NewGRFs from the community - especially Total Town Replacement Set, 1000 Building Set, or City Objects.
That was my first thought - some NewGRFs being used without permission.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

acs121 wrote:That strongly looks like a few NewGRFs from the community - especially Total Town Replacement Set, 1000 Building Set, or City Objects.
Considering that most NewGRF building sets are based on specific buildings found in the real world, it would not be surprising to find that other people who dabble in 2D isometric graphics would also get the same idea.

SAC, for example, is very famous for her modeling of real-world and inspired buildings for SimCity 2000 and SimCity 3000, among other games, before she started contributing graphics to TTDPatch and OpenTTD.

Looking through the screenshots, I didn't see any graphics which specifically looked like they were taken from any OpenTTD NewGRF buildings.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

These ships look like andy's ones, but maybe it is a mentioned above 'convergence' result.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Had this on my old tablet installed, it's been around for some years. As far as I could see it was original work but the scale and art style are very much highly similar to TTD.

Not a bad too either, by the way. Very much a decent city builder.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Off-Topic”