JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Diesel Power »

It would be nice if there was a road type that banned overtaking. There may some stretches where you don't want it but you don't want a faster rv going slower with a timetabled speed limit if there's nothing in front of it.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

JGRPP is not supporting road types yet.
But maybe allow articulated vehicle to overtake only in case of one-way roads?
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

McZapkie wrote:The problem appears when two identical truck are trying to each other overtake (one is loaded an one empty, thus there is slightly speed difference).
i think i that case I would set a slower speed limit only to the leg of trip where truck is full then (in facts i have been doing it already for a while with non articulated vehicles)

or maybe if a fix to the bug can be found : where a vehicle that get overtaken suddenly have a boost in power (your loaded truck which can t reach top speed suddenly reach it top speed while being overtaken.

The next problem to also consider is that two trucks often stick to each other so much that no a single other one manage to overtake, is there a solution to that ? like slowing down a little bit the truck that is behind and only for some ticks when it realize it s too near and it can t overtake because of equal top speed, shoudl create a gap enough for another RV to overtake.
nirasa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nirasa »

You fixed a bug with YETI and Clay. Thank you.
:D
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/nirasa/videos Czech language. :D
HapticTactic
Engineer
Engineer

Post by HapticTactic »

Template-based train replacement:

Allow cloning template trains with unavailable vehicles.
Amazing. Thank you very much, JGR! :bow:
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cmhbob »

v0.31.0 (2019-05-06)
Open train vehicle details window on total cargo tab if ctrl presed.
I'm behind on versions. Thanks!
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere
einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by einsteinyh »

Hello.

In versions 0.31x I've seen that it's not possible to replace vehicles by deleting them an then buying the replacement if "buy and refit" option gets enabled. It doesn't save any information about the deleted vehicle. As an image is worth a thousand words, I'm posting gifs of the test on version 0.29.2 with the expected behavior, and the bug on 0.31.2.

I also don't find the "expand all" and "collapse all" buttons on group window. I find them really useful because I use a lot of grups and subgroups (still pending to test auto group creation, nice addition :] ). Does it regard trunk or patch pack?

Thanks.

Missing Buttons:

Expected Behavior for replacement:

Actual Behavior replacing:
Attachments
Expected at 0.29.2.gif
Expected at 0.29.2.gif (6.21 MiB) Viewed 1177 times
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (90.13 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
Actual behavior.gif
Actual behavior.gif (10.65 MiB) Viewed 1177 times
EG0611
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EG0611 »

Hello,

I am playing on JGR 31.2 and I have to say that I LOVED that "scheduled dispatch" with clock. I was wondering that is there a way to make realistic passenger and/or cargo flow according to the time of the day? For example more passengers at 9AM and less or no passengers at 2AM. Or more mail at 18PM and less mail at 9AM (since mail or packages are carried in night rather than day)
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

einsteinyh wrote: 23 Jun 2019 03:46In versions 0.31x I've seen that it's not possible to replace vehicles by deleting them an then buying the replacement if "buy and refit" option gets enabled. It doesn't save any information about the deleted vehicle. As an image is worth a thousand words, I'm posting gifs of the test on version 0.29.2 with the expected behavior, and the bug on 0.31.2.
Thanks for reporting this, it is fixed now and will be in the next release.
einsteinyh wrote: 23 Jun 2019 03:46I also don't find the "expand all" and "collapse all" buttons on group window. I find them really useful because I use a lot of grups and subgroups (still pending to test auto group creation, nice addition :] ). Does it regard trunk or patch pack?
These were removed as trunk implemented a different group collapse implementation and I selected that over the original when merging it. It shouldn't be problematic to add those buttons again though.
omer584 wrote: 25 Jun 2019 17:14 Hello,

I am playing on JGR 31.2 and I have to say that I LOVED that "scheduled dispatch" with clock. I was wondering that is there a way to make realistic passenger and/or cargo flow according to the time of the day? For example more passengers at 9AM and less or no passengers at 2AM. Or more mail at 18PM and less mail at 9AM (since mail or packages are carried in night rather than day)
This is a bit out of scope for me at the moment, and it would be non-trivial for this sort of fluctuation to fit usefully in the game's time and distance scales.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

I'd also suggest that for an implementation of the fluctuating demand that different buildings need to be considered differently, i.e. residential buildings give demand in the morning and commercial buildings in the evening.

But yeah I can imagine it would be hard to implement fully.
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

When I wrote Scheduled Dispatch, that feature also come to mind (because, really, having ability to run cargo train at night without waiting for passenger trains sounds wonderful).

It is not that hard to implement trivially -- we already have town cargo generation factor, and we can just vary that based on time of the day. However, there are two main headaches (which I also posted on reddit)

1. Wall clock is a client setting -- it is not saved in the savegame or shared over internet in multiplayer.

2. There are no way to ensure the passenger will finish the journey in time for the last train -- passengers going across the map might miss the last train of the night, and as station rating get lower they might get removed, and goes with them the income.

So basically, it's hard to balance things. You are free to just ignore the accumulating passengers though (and I believe many use scheduled dispatch in that way).
Lw25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lw25 »

What it exactly means that "vehicle is too heavy" and how I can change setting or modify my rolling stock in order to get rid of that message? I got that kind of message about some trains, even High-Speed EMU.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Lw25 wrote: 27 Jun 2019 04:41 What it exactly means that "vehicle is too heavy" and how I can change setting or modify my rolling stock in order to get rid of that message? I got that kind of message about some trains, even High-Speed EMU.
Sounds like the axle weight of the track is lower than the axle weight of the train. Which NewGRFs are you using?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

I had this last time I played with this pack. Somthing to do with the tractive effort/weight ratio of the train. Either make the train shorter or add more locos.
Lw25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lw25 »

SimYouLater wrote: 28 Jun 2019 23:50
Lw25 wrote: 27 Jun 2019 04:41 What it exactly means that "vehicle is too heavy" and how I can change setting or modify my rolling stock in order to get rid of that message? I got that kind of message about some trains, even High-Speed EMU.
Sounds like the axle weight of the track is lower than the axle weight of the train. Which NewGRFs are you using?
This bug (feature?) occured for me with PKP Set 2.0 and Czech Railways.
Diesel Power wrote: 29 Jun 2019 07:16 I had this last time I played with this pack. Somthing to do with the tractive effort/weight ratio of the train. Either make the train shorter or add more locos.
To be honest, when it is possible, I tried it, but sometimes it occures for me with a very, very powerfull locomotive (like PKP Set's EU46, which is I think the most powerfull locomotive in set), even though there is no such problem with less powerfull locomotive. On the other hand, it is hard to add locos or cut away coaches from CD 680. :wink: I was rather thinking about changing some settings if that can do anything for that matter?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

The train too heavy message means that the train is unable to accelerate from stationary or very slow speed, usually on an uphill section. This generally manifests as a train proceeding at around 2 km/h.
Generally this means that the track is too steep, the train is too heavy (noting the freight train weight multiplier setting), and/or the train has insufficient tractive effort.
If the message is being triggered erroneously I'd be interested to take a look at a savegame which demonstrates the issue.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Towa Shina
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Towa Shina »

Hello.

First of all, I want to say thank you to make this great program! I love to play this patch pack. I appreciate your work very much!

Now moving on to the matter, I'm having trouble using the "Template Replacement" Feature. Let me explain this.

When I don't have any train and then buy 2 trains, they should be train #1 and #2. And then I sold #1 and buy 2 trains, I'll get #1 and #3, because #1 doesn't exist and #2 is already existing. This is normal, but the following is the problem. When I have train #1 and #2, then replace train #1 with the template replacement, I'll get #1(replaced) and #2. But however, when I go buy a train after that, I'll get #4. Even if I sell all trains and buy 4 trains, I'll get #1, #2, #4, and #5. Missing number 3 won't be able to use afterwards. In summary, each time when you replace a train with a template, the youngest train number will be occupied and won't be able to be used again. So if you replace #1 twice when you have #1 and #2, then #3 and #4 will be missing. This behavior occurs on 0.31.2 win64. I don't know whether this affects other features like maximum train limits or not, but it would be nice if this behavior and existing savefile is fixed.

Sorry for my poor English. Thanks again for your work!
Lw25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lw25 »

JGR wrote: 29 Jun 2019 16:54 The train too heavy message means that the train is unable to accelerate from stationary or very slow speed, usually on an uphill section. This generally manifests as a train proceeding at around 2 km/h.
Generally this means that the track is too steep, the train is too heavy (noting the freight train weight multiplier setting), and/or the train has insufficient tractive effort.
If the message is being triggered erroneously I'd be interested to take a look at a savegame which demonstrates the issue.
In my opinion at least some of them are triggered erroneously. I'm not sure however if that save would be usefull for you because I have been experimenting with different GRFs in the past, which may lead to bugs. But on the other hand, those experiments did not included GRFs which triggers the problem. There is another problem btw, some PKP Set trains are displayed in problem message as "invalid vehicle". I'm not sure if that is problem on your side or TadeuszD side, so I mentioned this problem on both this forum and Polish one.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Lw25 wrote: 30 Jun 2019 05:26In my opinion at least some of them are triggered erroneously. I'm not sure however if that save would be usefull for you because I have been experimenting with different GRFs in the past, which may lead to bugs. But on the other hand, those experiments did not included GRFs which triggers the problem. There is another problem btw, some PKP Set trains are displayed in problem message as "invalid vehicle". I'm not sure if that is problem on your side or TadeuszD side, so I mentioned this problem on both this forum and Polish one.
The savegame would be useful. I cannot really make any progress on the issue without one.
Changed GRFs are not a problem.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Lw25
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lw25 »

I sent it by dm :wink:

Return to “OpenTTD Development”