JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Auge
Director
Director

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Auge »

Hello
piratescooby wrote:Can not be opened because of a problem error , which version of Mac is required to open ?
I would expect the following to be the relevant information.
piratescooby wrote:Dyld Error Message:
Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/xz/lib/liblzma.5.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/VOLUME/*/OpenTTD.app/Contents/MacOS/openttd
Reason: Incompatible library version: openttd requires version 8.0.0 or later, but liblzma.5.dylib provides version 6.0.0
Tschö, Auge
Azusa257
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Azusa257 »

My game crashed while playing on a multiplayer server.

Please find attached, the crash.sav file and the error message that popped up when the game crashed.
Attachments
crash.sav
(18.46 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
crash message.png
crash message.png (832.04 KiB) Viewed 1022 times
crash.dmp
(19.84 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Azusa257 wrote:My game crashed while playing on a multiplayer server.

Please find attached, the crash.sav file and the error message that popped up when the game crashed.
Thanks for reporting this, any chance that you could post the crash.log file as well?
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Azusa257
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Azusa257 »

Here's the Crash log:
crashlog20190520.txt
(60.92 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
JGR, Thank you so much for the amazing patch pack as always.

Azusa
3iff
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 3iff »

JGR, Thanks for the comments regarding the road vehicle problems.

jfs, Thanks for the bug report regarding the multiple road bays problem and general pathfinding. While their 'fix' might have improved game performance, it's a backward step when road vehicles suddenly have a degraded performance because they don't 'see' vacant bays. Hopefully they can do something to repair this.
nihues
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nihues »

3iff wrote:JGR, Thanks for the comments regarding the road vehicle problems.

jfs, Thanks for the bug report regarding the multiple road bays problem and general pathfinding. While their 'fix' might have improved game performance, it's a backward step when road vehicles suddenly have a degraded performance because they don't 'see' vacant bays. Hopefully they can do something to repair this.
I've changed to old pathfinder too and that way works without problems... hopefully they fix or rollback this performance fix because as I see, it's now a gameplay bug as vehicles don't use all avaliable slots.
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

nihues wrote:
3iff wrote:JGR, Thanks for the comments regarding the road vehicle problems.

I've changed to old pathfinder too and that way works without problems... hopefully they fix or rollback this performance fix because as I see, it's now a gameplay bug as vehicles don't use all avaliable slots.
I noticed the queueing behavior while testing my patch with increased industry production and alleviated it for the most part by placing a separate station in front of the real loading/unloading bays to act as a waypoint (with orders disabling loading and unloading and optionally a short wait time).
It seemed the short distance between waypoint and bays was enough to have the pathfinder switch to empty stations most of the time. At the time I had also set saturation of short paths to 30% but I don't think that made a real difference.
Tinkering in the code in between writing mostly naughty stuff.
See http://scifurz.wordpress.com/
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Cargo-related distribution settings are accessible only in single-player mode,
these settings are absent in settings list before game launch, and grayed-out in multiplayer client.
Is there any command-line to adjust these settings for multiplayer server?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

SciFurz wrote:(with orders disabling loading and unloading and optionally a short wait time)
sounds like "go via" orders would be more appropriate here?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SciFurz wrote:I noticed the queueing behavior while testing my patch with increased industry production and alleviated it for the most part by placing a separate station in front of the real loading/unloading bays to act as a waypoint (with orders disabling loading and unloading and optionally a short wait time).
It seemed the short distance between waypoint and bays was enough to have the pathfinder switch to empty stations most of the time. At the time I had also set saturation of short paths to 30% but I don't think that made a real difference.
A few possible ideas:
  • Iff the target station has more than one usable road stop tile, don't use the path cache when within a certain radius of the station centre (spread setting + some constant).
  • Invalidate all road vehicle path caches when the road layout is changed in any way.
  • Or, a more targetted fix, invalidate all road vehicle caches when the road vehicle is changed in any way *except* changes which simply lengthen or shorten a dead-end/leaf node piece of road (this is mainly so that town growth doesn't constantly require invalidating all the path caches).
McZapkie wrote:Cargo-related distribution settings are accessible only in single-player mode,
these settings are absent in settings list before game launch, and grayed-out in multiplayer client.
Is there any command-line to adjust these settings for multiplayer server?
The settings are accessible by name using the console as linkgraph.distribution_per_cargo[0] to linkgraph.distribution_per_cargo[63].
They are not accessible outside of a game as the mapping of (NewGRF) cargoes to cargo IDs is not fixed.

Perhaps there needs to be a way for a particular client to be authorised to make general changes to the game settings (not just the server itself).
It seems like something that would be useful for admins of dedicated servers.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

Eddi wrote:
SciFurz wrote:(with orders disabling loading and unloading and optionally a short wait time)
sounds like "go via" orders would be more appropriate here?
I hadn't even noticed the via options under the non-stop button. :-p
But, when the order is set to via, there's no option to set a wait time on it so then having a vehicle wait just long enough for previous vehicles to reach loading bays won't be possible. This needs more testing to see how effective it really is anyway.

This also makes me think about if it's possible to create a parking space for vehicles where they could wait until it's their turn. Traffic lights for vehicles, just like signals for trains might be an idea.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SciFurz wrote:I hadn't even noticed the via options under the non-stop button. :-p
But, when the order is set to via, there's no option to set a wait time on it so then having a vehicle wait just long enough for previous vehicles to reach loading bays won't be possible. This needs more testing to see how effective it really is anyway.

This also makes me think about if it's possible to create a parking space for vehicles where they could wait until it's their turn. Traffic lights for vehicles, just like signals for trains might be an idea.
There is a traffic light patch which has been in a few patch packs over the years (not this one), but realistically it was decorative rather than useful.

In any case I've adjusted the caching of road vehicle paths such that pathfinding to multiple destination station tiles/entrances and road layout changes should be handled in a more useful manner. This will be in the next release.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

JGR wrote:
SciFurz wrote:I hadn't even noticed the via options under the non-stop button. :-p

There is a traffic light patch which has been in a few patch packs over the years (not this one), but realistically it was decorative rather than useful.

In any case I've adjusted the caching of road vehicle paths such that pathfinding to multiple destination station tiles/entrances and road layout changes should be handled in a more useful manner. This will be in the next release.
I'd love to see the day when somebody manages to create a patch that implements 2/3/4-way stop/yield intersection management on roads.
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

kamnet wrote:I'd love to see the day when somebody manages to create a patch that implements 2/3/4-way stop/yield intersection management on roads.
Can you wait until I've completed the last bits on my realtime patch? ;-)
Although I might be tempted to give diagonal roads a shot first. If it's possible with trains, maybe a lot of the code can be reused for roads?
SciFurz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by SciFurz »

JGR wrote:There is a traffic light patch which has been in a few patch packs over the years (not this one), but realistically it was decorative rather than useful.

Decorative would save the graphics coding part already. I might just have a look for fun without actual coding since I'm not done tinkering with the realtime yet.

I suspect there's a lot that can be improved on the pathfinder. One thing I'd like to see is trains reverse automatically when a better direction is possible. Now they just keep going forward while they could stop at a side track, then reverse to continue into the coreect direction (no detection of a split junction behind the train). Think shunting on a parallel line with two exits instead of a perpendicular line with a left and right turn towards the main line. Tried to get something working with route restrictions but the trains behaved weird.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

SciFurz wrote:
kamnet wrote:I'd love to see the day when somebody manages to create a patch that implements 2/3/4-way stop/yield intersection management on roads.
Although I might be tempted to give diagonal roads a shot first. If it's possible with trains, maybe a lot of the code can be reused for roads?
As much as diagonal roads would be amazing, me personally, I'm okay with not having them quite yet. There are a TON of things that will need sorted out for that, especially since we just got support for up to 64 road/tram types. Set coders are going to be busy enough filling that demand before going back and revamping to cope with diagonal roadways.

Meanwhile, intersection signals and signs would be much more interesting to me. ;)
einsteinyh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by einsteinyh »

kamnet wrote:
SciFurz wrote:
As much as diagonal roads would be amazing, me personally, I'm okay with not having them quite yet. There are a TON of things that will need sorted out for that, especially since we just got support for up to 64 road/tram types. Set coders are going to be busy enough filling that demand before going back and revamping to cope with diagonal roadways.

Meanwhile, intersection signals and signs would be much more interesting to me. ;)
Maybe those diagonal crossings could be implemented by forcing roundabouts or something similar?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Nice that articulated vehicles can overtake, but if their speeds are near the same, they block the road (well, it is realistic syndrome, but annoying).
Is it possible to check speed difference and allow overtake is it, at least let say, 25% ?
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
romazoon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by romazoon »

Mc zapkie, i would suggest you to use some speed limit in the timetable to avoid the overtake bloking the roads, that reduce a lot your problem in general as they stop trying to overtake each other then.

and 25% difference is just way more than needed, a truck driving 90km/h can be overtaken by another driving 100km/h, it takes a little time (and might even fail a couple attemps before managing it), but it s enough, and i definitly prefer a truck trying to overtake than staying behind a slower vehicle, cause this will for sure lead to a long queue of vehicle (because rvs can t overtake multiple rvs at once, well i ve seen it happen but it s exceptionnal)
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

The problem appears when two identical truck are trying to each other overtake (one is loaded an one empty, thus there is slightly speed difference).

Return to “OpenTTD Development”