Duplicate content

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Jubilee
Engineer
Engineer

Duplicate content

Post by Jubilee »

Hi.

I have noticed that "NUTS Unrealistic Train Set" newgrf is shown twice in the online resources list. I have v0.7.8 installed and a new version 0.8.4 is also shown. This causes the "select upgrades" button to become active. When selected and upgraded, the "select upgrades" button becomes inactive again (as expected) but there are two versions installed on my PC. Checking the "Documents\OpenTTD\content_download\newgrf" contents under my Windows profile, i see that there are several versions of it in there (0.7.8, 0.7.9, 0.8.2, 0.8.3, 0.8.4 the final one). Was there a problem in its definition on the server causing it to appear as two separate items in the online resources list?

There seem to be other duplicate items too (like "Traditional American tunes vol" under Base Music"). I wonder why (though in this case, i suspect there may be a title character limit involved).
-----
Chaney 'Jubilee' (Steam powered)
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Duplicate content

Post by Redirect Left »

My guess is this enables support for savegames on older versions of the GRF?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Jubilee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jubilee »

Redirect Left wrote:My guess is this enables support for savegames on older versions of the GRF?
Well, i thought of that but then why not create separate entries for the other versions. Too much has changed from that specific version to the next, so it had to be duplicated?
-----
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

typically this is because something else (like an addon set or something) set a specific version as a dependency.
Jubilee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jubilee »

Eddi wrote:typically this is because something else (like an addon set or something) set a specific version as a dependency.
OK, if it's considered normal...

Thanks for the info.
-----

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”