JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by Redirect Left »

I left a load of AIs to fight it out overnight, then when i came back i saved the game. Tried to reload the save now for another night of chaos within the AIs. however the game is now crashing.

I'm hoping you can figure out if its the AI or the patchpack. So I know to either discount that AI from the next one, or for you to update the patch if its in there.

pastebin of the crash log
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

One flaw concerning infrastructure sharing - lack of 'manage vehicle list' options (especially for moving orders to different station), if my vehicles are using someone station.

BTW, vanilla openttd have similar issue in case of deleted station - 'manage list' is grayed while it is most important in such situation...
Formerly known as: McZapkie
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Another favorite games: freeciv longturn, OHOL/2HOL.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

A flaw of InfraSharing is that you don't have parameters per company. So if you don't want X company to use your rails (because you think they're gonna do clogging on your routes, or that you simply don't like them ( :twisted: ) well you can't if you still want the others to use your rails.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote:I left a load of AIs to fight it out overnight, then when i came back i saved the game. Tried to reload the save now for another night of chaos within the AIs. however the game is now crashing.

I'm hoping you can figure out if its the AI or the patchpack. So I know to either discount that AI from the next one, or for you to update the patch if its in there.

Thanks for letting me know.
Could you post the savegame as well, I'd be interested to try it here and see what happens.
McZapkie wrote:One flaw concerning infrastructure sharing - lack of 'manage vehicle list' options (especially for moving orders to different station), if my vehicles are using someone station.

BTW, vanilla openttd have similar issue in case of deleted station - 'manage list' is grayed while it is most important in such situation...
I'll look into this.
acs121 wrote:A flaw of InfraSharing is that you don't have parameters per company. So if you don't want X company to use your rails (because you think they're gonna do clogging on your routes, or that you simply don't like them ( :twisted: ) well you can't if you still want the others to use your rails.
There is a trade-off between full flexibility and keeping the number of settings and parameters under control.
Also, trying to prevent griefing or malicious players with ever more settings is a losing game.
At some point it's better to delegate to a server admin and/or inter-player interactions.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

JGR wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:I left a load of AIs to fight it out overnight, then when i came back i saved the game. Tried to reload the save now for another night of chaos within the AIs. however the game is now crashing.

I have attached it.

If it is the same for you as it is for me. The game will play for several ticks, you'll be offered to buy out a company, a few ticks after that, the game crashes with pastebinned log. I'm using v0.30.3.

It's easily possible one of the AIs are borked, as all I did was go to the ingame content manager, download lots of AIs, add them to the settings and start a game.
Attachments
crash.sav
(2.77 MiB) Downloaded 50 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote:
JGR wrote:

I have attached it.

If it is the same for you as it is for me. The game will play for several ticks, you'll be offered to buy out a company, a few ticks after that, the game crashes with pastebinned log. I'm using v0.30.3.

It's easily possible one of the AIs are borked, as all I did was go to the ingame content manager, download lots of AIs, add them to the settings and start a game.
Thanks, this is fixed now and will be in the next release.
AIAI v97 is performing a nonsensical operation, and this is handled incorrectly by both upstream and this patchpack, I will propagate this to them in due course.

In its call to AIOrder.GetOrderDistance in AirBuilder::FindAircraft, it passes the coordinates of west and north corners of the map, however in your map there is buoy (i.e. waypoint) in one of those corners.
If you remove the buoy and ensure that another isn't built in either the west or north corners the problem should go away.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

acs121 wrote:A flaw of InfraSharing is that you don't have parameters per company. So if you don't want X company to use your rails (because you think they're gonna do clogging on your routes, or that you simply don't like them
It is not quite a true - you can easily prevent using your rails by other companies without previous agreement:
1. disable competitors to buy trains in your depots (they can still service them) - company settings
2. terminate your rails with some bumpers (for example EoT grf :) - other company can connect only to face of track, not side.
Projects: Reproducible Map Generation patch, NewGRFs: Manpower industries, PolTrams, Polroad, 600mm narrow gauge, wired, ECS industry extension, V4 CEE train set, HotHut.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Another solution is use programmable path signals and prevent other companies passing them
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Using Visual Studio 2019 for Windows 32bit I compiled version 31.0 from source.
All went well except the game says "norev000"
Attachments
jgrpp norev000.png
jgrpp norev000.png (21.36 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

You probably need Git installed, so the build system can find the version information. (To solve the "norev000" problem.)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

jfs wrote:You probably need Git installed, so the build system can find the version information. (To solve the "norev000" problem.)
Thanks but I do have git installed. I've compiled previous jgrpp and OpenTTD (master and stable) sources without problem.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

wallyweb wrote: Thanks but I do have git installed. I've compiled previous jgrpp and OpenTTD (master and stable) sources without problem.
git checkout jgrpp-0.31.0 ?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

McZapkie wrote:git checkout jgrpp-0.31.0 ?
version 0.31.0 from here.
evepoi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by evepoi »

Patches that you want to apply when you next patch.
1. Airport custom construction
The prefecture airport is supposed to build only a certain sized airport. This is also less efficient when there are more airplanes. Because the time to wait in the sky is getting longer. I would like to be able to construct the airport freely just like railway line construction.

2. Separate trains
This feature was implemented with the expansion pack.
In the expansion pack, you will have to wait indefinitely for another train to arrive at the station after it has been detached. In other words, if you go on another route, you will have a longer wait time.
After the trains are separated, if another locomotive connects to a separate group of trains to move on to another route, or if trains with locomotives have been separated, I would like the ability to move to the set route.
That's how it really works.
If you can set how many cars you want to separate when you remove a train, you will be able to set it easily when you disconnect the train.

3. Railway speed limit
If you use the path point to set the speed, you can set the speed for each time in the timetable setting as you do now, or you can minimize the number of times you modify the track separately.

4. Implement diagonal bridge, station and tunnel
Now, only the straight line, station bridge, tunnel is possible.
If diagonal bridges, stations, tunnels can be realized, I think that we can install curved lines, bridges, curved bridges, and curved tunnels.

5. Added underground and high-priced stations
Station is built only unconditionally on the ground. A subway station will be like creating a station in a tunnel, and a high station will be like a station on a bridge.
In order to increase the effect of this function, it should be possible to install functions such as line branching at tunnels and bridges, and the ability to install signals.

6. Regional branch line function
This function is like the special function of train.
After the train gets in and out of the station, it travels a certain distance before and after the junction in the station, then goes to another line through the junction.
In some ways, it may not be meaningful, but if you can not actually make the quarter point, you might create a cross-branch facility in the region.

If this function is completed, I think it will be even better than now.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

evepoi wrote:Patches that you want to apply when you next patch.
Are you working on these patches now? Because currently none of these patches exist.
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

Weird thing: I found airport, which survived bankruptcy and now belongs (almost) to nobody:
station name is gray like oil rig etc, but hangar belongs to other company (which never build airport here and doesn't pay maintenance for it).
airportbug.png
airportbug.png (326.26 KiB) Viewed 775 times
It is not possible to remove it (it says literally: "it belong to someone").

In case of sharing railways, all trains are instantly sold if infrastructure owner vanishes, but
seems that bankruptcy is not handled well in case of airports (this airport was shared by other companies, but not a blue one).
Gliptal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gliptal »

NRT hasn't been added in 0.31.0 right?
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

evepoi wrote: 6. Regional branch line function
This function is like the special function of train.
After the train gets in and out of the station, it travels a certain distance before and after the junction in the station, then goes to another line through the junction.
In some ways, it may not be meaningful, but if you can not actually make the quarter point, you might create a cross-branch facility in the region.

If this function is completed, I think it will be even better than now.
Not withstanding the fact that others features does not exist, if I understood your English correctly, this is already possible using reverse at waypoint order.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Gliptal wrote:NRT hasn't been added in 0.31.0 right?
Yes, it hasn't. See this posting of JGR on the last page.

Tschö, Auge
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

McZapkie wrote:Weird thing: I found airport, which survived bankruptcy and now belongs (almost) to nobody:
station name is gray like oil rig etc, but hangar belongs to other company (which never build airport here and doesn't pay maintenance for it).

airportbug.png

It is not possible to remove it (it says literally: "it belong to someone").

In case of sharing railways, all trains are instantly sold if infrastructure owner vanishes, but
seems that bankruptcy is not handled well in case of airports (this airport was shared by other companies, but not a blue one).
Thanks for reporting this, it is fixed now and will be in the next release.
The issue occurs if an aircraft is landing/taking off, but not actually on the ground at the time that the company is deleted.
Gliptal wrote:NRT hasn't been added in 0.31.0 right?
No, I will begin looking into it in due course though.
wallyweb wrote:Using Visual Studio 2019 for Windows 32bit I compiled version 31.0 from source.
All went well except the game says "norev000"
Probably git is not in your PATH, such that determineversion.vbs cannot find it.
There is a fallback for git not being present in findversion.sh for non-Windows systems, however I have not implemented this in determineversion.vbs. Visual Basic is not really my forte...
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”