JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by planetmaker »

McZapkie wrote:
SimYouLater wrote: I don't think you understand. It's not wrong colors in the UI, something corrupted the save file for the Alpinea Server.
Well, let me be more specific. I wanted to report, that some of your newgrf on Alpinea server caused totally havoc with client-bananas connection.

It is not an issue with just wrong colors in gui, it is not possible to list online content.
I understand colours. But how can a NewGRF cause an effect on networking?
Wahazar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wahazar »

planetmaker wrote: I understand colours. But how can a NewGRF cause an effect on networking?
I have no idea. Another servers worked well.
Simyoulater, could you run your server again and check if this issue is replicable?
Maybe it is problem with settings.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I have had a crash today, which is a rare occurence (not occured for months!) so i thought it may be worthy of posting here.

I have attached the .dmp file here. The log is pastebinned here - the forum doesn't allow .log uploads.
It may be worth noting this save is a game i have been playing for many many months, probably going on for 18month. Long enough that I had to reset the year as i had hit 65536 and GRFs had started misbehaving. Although that reset was many weeks ago, so i don't think its related to that. The crash reference in log is probably just a long lived memory of a crash that happened even longer ago that i rescued and have been playing weith fine for many many months.

The crash screenshot shows the date to be 31st Dec, 7728. Immediately before the next autosave should have been produced.

If you'd like a copy of the save, i can either give you the last autosave, or the emergency one generated at crash. Note. I was not doing anything at the time, the game was just running in the background, as it so often does. I have ottd running practically 24/7 and just tab in and out when i feel like it. So I only have the crash screenshot to show the actual on screen stuff.
Attachments
crash.dmp
(19.78 MiB) Downloaded 44 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

Redirect Left wrote:I have had a crash today, which is a rare occurence (not occured for months!) so i thought it may be worthy of posting here.

I have attached the .dmp file here. The log is pastebinned here - the forum doesn't allow .log uploads.
It may be worth noting this save is a game i have been playing for many many months, probably going on for 18month. Long enough that I had to reset the year as i had hit 65536 and GRFs had started misbehaving. Although that reset was many weeks ago, so i don't think its related to that. The crash reference in log is probably just a long lived memory of a crash that happened even longer ago that i rescued and have been playing weith fine for many many months.

The crash screenshot shows the date to be 31st Dec, 7728. Immediately before the next autosave should have been produced.

If you'd like a copy of the save, i can either give you the last autosave, or the emergency one generated at crash. Note. I was not doing anything at the time, the game was just running in the background, as it so often does. I have ottd running practically 24/7 and just tab in and out when i feel like it. So I only have the crash screenshot to show the actual on screen stuff.
Thanks for reporting this. This looks like a known bug (kd tree implementation).
I've committed some fixes/mitigations which should prevent this which will be in the next release, soon.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Here. I laid down Planning Track and converted it into Wagonway, but this station has had two tiles turn back into planning track.
Attachments
[4$] qWorks, 10_08_1699 (debug).sav
(12.9 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

I have also seen instances of tracks seemingly randomly changing, almost exclusively on tiles with a pair of top to bottom diagonal track pieces on them.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Gwyd wrote:I have also seen instances of tracks seemingly randomly changing, almost exclusively on tiles with a pair of top to bottom diagonal track pieces on them.
It's not just that. Here's an actual example of issues with ghostly rail depots...
Attachments
[4$] qWorks, 02_09_1701 (debug).sav
(13.72 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

SimYouLater wrote:
Gwyd wrote:I have also seen instances of tracks seemingly randomly changing, almost exclusively on tiles with a pair of top to bottom diagonal track pieces on them.
It's not just that. Here's an actual example of issues with ghostly rail depots...
I understand what you are talking about now on rail depots.

I was able to reproduce this same visual oddity in the 1.8 release, the 1.9 release and the current upstream master with only one GRF applied, which suggests that the GRF (Recycled Infrastructure Set 1.7) has been implemented incorrectly.

As for the issues with content download, I'd already committed a fix in this general area which has been merged into trunk. It seems likely that this is what you're running into and it will be in the next release.
SimYouLater wrote:Here. I laid down Planning Track and converted it into Wagonway, but this station has had two tiles turn back into planning track.
This is interesting, I will look into this.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

JGR wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
I understand what you are talking about now on rail depots.

I was able to reproduce this same visual oddity in the 1.8 release, the 1.9 release and the current upstream master with only one GRF applied, which suggests that the GRF (Recycled Infrastructure Set 1.7) has been implemented incorrectly.

As for the issues with content download, I'd already committed a fix in this general area which has been merged into trunk. It seems likely that this is what you're running into and it will be in the next release.
SimYouLater wrote:Here. I laid down Planning Track and converted it into Wagonway, but this station has had two tiles turn back into planning track.
This is interesting, I will look into this.
Alright, thank you. Can I get a hint as to what I did wrong with RIS? I definitely need to fix this.
Licenses for my work...
MarkShot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MarkShot »

None of the GitHub download links seem to work for v0.30.2:

https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-patches/releases

Thanks.
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
MarkShot wrote:None of the GitHub download links seem to work for v0.30.2:

https://github.com/JGRennison/OpenTTD-patches/releases
What do you mean by that? When I follow your link, I can download the ZIP and also the TAR.GZ with the sources of version 0.30.2.

Tschö, Auge
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Normally it has 4 assets (on that link) as per:

Assets 4
openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.30.1-MINGW-win32.zip
15.7 MB
openttd-custom-jgrpp-0.30.1-MINGW-win64.zip
16.7 MB
Source code (zip)

but at the moment the firtst two are missing for 0.30.2

ps. They were there yesterday when I downloaded it.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

The Attachment box that normally lets you click to download doesn't work , I think that what he means .
MarkShot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by MarkShot »

Yes. Only the source is available; not the binaries.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Total guess as to why the 'assets' are missing.

Opened JGRPP ,started save game, clicked pause (to un-pause), totally disappeared from screen. no crash save or anything else.

Wonder if this is why they have disappeared/been removed.

Update: reloaded 0.30.1 and all fine.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

The windows binaries are unusable broken in a way which I hadn't noticed in my pre-release check.
I've removed them while I work out what to do next.

There were significant changes to the threading implementation upstream which I integrated, and it looks like the Windows/MinGW-specific part of this integration was not as successful as I thought it was.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote:The windows binaries are unusable broken in a way which I hadn't noticed in my pre-release check.

There were significant changes to the threading implementation upstream which I integrated, and it looks like the Windows/MinGW-specific part of this integration was not as successful as I thought it was.
Hi Jonathan,

Have you followed the discussion in my topic over here?

Regards,

Wally
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wallyweb wrote:
JGR wrote:The windows binaries are unusable broken in a way which I hadn't noticed in my pre-release check.

Hi Jonathan,

Have you followed the discussion in my topic over here?

Regards,

Wally
I've been keeping my eye on that topic, but this is about changes which are in upstream trunk, but not the 1.9 release, specifically the move to the use of C++11's std::thread and associated features.

I'm pretty sure that I have it fixed now, the delay is due to it being caused by a somewhat tricky combination of features which are problematic to understand and debug (threads, arcane template magic, windows).
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
eekee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eekee »

Halloo! Just started using this last night. It's got so many things I always wanted! :D I haven't seen any 'random' problems, (are they memory corruption?) but have a couple of other bugs:

Station names remain clickable when signs are hidden. Big nuisance!

Ctrl-5 I've been using for years to make stations transparent. Now it's a redundant keybinding for polyline. I don't expect I'll ever use polyine. Not so big, but still: ?(

Edit: Make that 3 bugs: "Can't remove signals from here... Train in the way" means you can't remove signals when it's safest to do so. What? It's a nuisance on a very busy slow line full of long fast-accelerating trains. It's not fun trying to add signals to the line, either. I'm recalling just how glad I was when OpenTTD lifted this restriction.
Extreme network builder. screenshot thread
cmhbob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by cmhbob »

Request:

When clicking the info button on a train, I typically want to go straight to the Total Cargo tab. Is it possible to set up a CTRL-click on the Info button that will go to the Total Cargo tab? You could expand that to SHIFT-click for Info.
--
Bob
The wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...
Me, elsewhere

Return to “OpenTTD Development”