North American Passenger Railroads Set - v.0.15 [27 Feb. 2024]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: North American Passenger Railroads Set dev. thread

Post by Tony Pixel »

Omg, UPDATE!
Added:
+I don't remember what I added since the last update 3-4 years months ago :shock: .
Changed:
+Some code fixes, Budd Lightweight is now in one traincar with livery refits.
+ID for each type of stock, so no more problems with trains. (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OLD SAVES)
Work is going, good luck! :)
Attachments
NAPR.grf
(373.12 KiB) Downloaded 155 times
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

I'm reworking several railcars, so here's the question: will the liveries (especially Amfleet) change with the time, or should it be controlled by refit?
Image Image
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Why not both?
The refit menu would look like this:
  • Livery 1
  • Livery 2
  • Livery 3
  • Time dependant
You could then set the Time dependant livery to be the default one, for example.
This should be possible, right?
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

arikover wrote:Why not both?
The refit menu would look like this:
---
This should be possible, right?
Yep, that's possible, I thought about it, but did not attach any importance to it.
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Update! Next will be soon (some bugs being fixed now), so in 0.9.2 we have no more "Push-pull" refits - they're automatically set up! Also added several traincars, you'll finde them all. In next version there will be poll result made and push-pull service automated for ALP-46, some late F- and E-uits added, also some new canadian stuff will be added. I didn't forget about You, enjoy the game and wait for updates :D .
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Ok, I decided to make both livery definitions by refit, so you can choose certain livery for your coach or take a last refit option, "Change with time", and selection wil be automated. Now I'm drawing some new liveries for EMD E- and F-units, so check for update soon!
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Hi. i'm not dead, just a bit sick and it's hard to work at the end of styding year, but I'm trying :). The update will be released on this (next) week, and I will then systemize the updates, so You will know, when was that or another engine or feathure added. And now I'm repainting some old railcars and finalize new push-pull system working without a thousands of refits. Yeah, now You must only couple one of cab cars to end of train, which is compatible with the engine, and train will not turn at trackends! Here's the thing \|/ I'm working on right now, so wait for updates 8) .
Attachments
Yeah, that's PRR GG1
Yeah, that's PRR GG1
unknown.png (1.86 KiB) Viewed 7131 times
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Yes, when I looked for steamers, there was nice and weirdy electic ones, I'm planning to add as many engines as it will be useful ingame :D
Image Image
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

The PRR had the BB1 and the P5a that did have a weird look. But their shape is a bit too easy to draw :lol:
Lex-Pelham
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lex-Pelham »

Tony Pixel wrote:Hi. i'm not dead, just a bit sick and it's hard to work at the end of styding year, but I'm trying :). The update will be released on this (next) week, and I will then systemize the updates, so You will know, when was that or another engine or feathure added. And now I'm repainting some old railcars and finalize new push-pull system working without a thousands of refits. Yeah, now You must only couple one of cab cars to end of train, which is compatible with the engine, and train will not turn at trackends! Here's the thing \|/ I'm working on right now, so wait for updates 8) .
The Pennsylvania Railroad GG 1, the workhorse of the railway industry in the Northeastern United States for 48 years. These locomotives, totaling 139 in all, did everything from pulling fast express trains to freight.

I just have one question.

Is the locomotive going to change color over time? The reason I asked is because the real GG 1 was not only operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad, but the Penn Central, Amtrak, Conrail and finally New Jersey Transit. So, each of the aforementioned railways, except New Jersey Transit, applied their own color scheme on the locomotive.

Conrail, which was an interstate freight operator from 1976 until 1999 (operated commuter rail service from 1976 until 1983), also applied a special paint scheme to the locomotive in 1976 to commemorate the country's bicentennial. Check out the photo at the link below.

Thank you for including one of America's most famous electric locomotives to your GRF and keep up the good work :bow: .

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4573/264 ... ac5d_b.jpg (Conrail Black)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rrpa_photos/65937/cr4873-1.jpg (Unbranded - final years with NJ Transit)
Attachments
GG 1 in Conrail Spirit of '76 pain scheme.
GG 1 in Conrail Spirit of '76 pain scheme.
gg1 in Conrail Spirit of 76 paint scheme.jpg (151.62 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
GG1 in Amtrak color scheme and branding
GG1 in Amtrak color scheme and branding
gg 1 in Amtrak pain scheme and branding.jpg (102.5 KiB) Viewed 6878 times
GG 1 in Conrail Blue
GG 1 in Conrail Blue
gg 1 in conral paint scheme.jpg (139.19 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Lex-Pelham wrote:
Tony Pixel wrote:Hi. i'm not dead, just a bit sick and it's hard to work at the end of styding year, but I'm trying :). The update will be released on this (next) week, and I will then systemize the updates, so You will know, when was that or another engine or feathure added. And now I'm repainting some old railcars and finalize new push-pull system working without a thousands of refits. Yeah, now You must only couple one of cab cars to end of train, which is compatible with the engine, and train will not turn at trackends! Here's the thing \|/ I'm working on right now, so wait for updates 8) .
The Pennsylvania Railroad GG 1, the workhorse of the railway industry in the Northeastern United States for 48 years. These locomotives, totaling 139 in all, did everything from pulling fast express trains to freight.

I just have one question.

Is the locomotive going to change color over time? The reason I asked is because the real GG 1 was not only operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad, but the Penn Central, Amtrak, Conrail and finally New Jersey Transit. So, each of the aforementioned railways, except New Jersey Transit, applied their own color scheme on the locomotive.
There are about 10-12 liveries are planned to included, and I'm working to add WHOLE stock of liveries (exept some mostly identical variants) :D
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Last trainset I will do before publishing the update is Acela Express. Should it be united in one train, or user can construct it themself? What are You thinking about it? Now it's planned like indestructible trainset.
Image Image
trainman1432
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by trainman1432 »

Fixed length, you can draw the cars more specifically
Jetrain
YATTC
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Update to 0.10!
Changelog:
+Added Metra Highliner I
+Added MN M7
+Added MN M8
+Added Bombardier-Alstom HHP-8
-Redrawed E7 livery and repainted some of other
+MANY graphic improvements and redo-s
Have fun!
See in next update: ALCO FA, EMD F7, Canadian National EMU, EMD AEM-7, GE Genesis P42DC, NYC S-Motor, PRR GG1, Comet I Cab and Car, NYC Heavyweight Coach and Mail carriages and (maybe) some other stuff.
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Oh god, I forgot: Acela Express train is now available too!
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

CN Electic MU is already coded and tested!
Attachments
Grinnington Transport, 8-е апр 1971 г..png
Grinnington Transport, 8-е апр 1971 г..png (32.45 KiB) Viewed 1754 times
Image Image
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

Since the poll ended and both sides are equal, I decided to make both variants together, so Acela Express is (will be from next update) for now available as single train or as power car double, bar car and business car, You can change it by the GRF parameter at start of new game. Also, the vehicle list at front page is updated to current one.
At this moment I'm working on PRR GG1 loco and PRR-themed Budd lightweight carriages (3 liveries!), If You have any suggestions for other railroads' lightweight passenger cars, post it here.
Image Image
openttdfan2020
Engineer
Engineer

Post by openttdfan2020 »

Nice Newgrf! wow! can you add this train in this newgrf? :) Image
Start: 1976
End: 1998
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

If you wanted to have a chance to have this train in the set, "this train" should at least have a name. IIRC it's an F40.

Return to “Graphics Development”