YouTube Series

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

DigitalSoma
Engineer
Engineer

YouTube Series

Post by DigitalSoma »

I already asked this question on reddit, so I apologize if you've seen it already, but is there anything you would like to see in a YouTube series? I've been playing Transport Tycoon for as long as I can remember, so I would want to do the game justice.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: YouTube Series

Post by acs121 »

There is jschlatt's channel who's made funny videos about OpenTTD, and AFAIK there are a few OpenTTD Let's Plays (at least in France).
DigitalSoma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DigitalSoma »

acs121 wrote:There is jschlatt's channel who's made funny videos about OpenTTD, and AFAIK there are a few OpenTTD Let's Plays (at least in France).
Thanks for your response! I've seen jschlatt's channel. I've only found two current let's plays of OpenTTD in English (Master Hellish and Strictoaster). Most others are only one-off videos or around 5 years old.

Was just curious about what would get people interested in watching, or if anyone felt that there was an aspect of the game that is under explained or overlooked in what's out there.
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

What I would like to see is a let's play pax openttd, which builds a realistic transportation network, uses station grfs extensively and digs into timetabling and cargodist. Also, it would be nice if, for once, non-standard vehicles and town graphics were to be used.

About game-scripts or AIs I don't care much. I just want to see a modded let's play where a (or multiple) metropolis is grown.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Trent Nicholson does some fun playthroughs.
DigitalSoma
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DigitalSoma »

Expresso wrote:What I would like to see is a let's play pax openttd, which builds a realistic transportation network, uses station grfs extensively and digs into timetabling and cargodist. Also, it would be nice if, for once, non-standard vehicles and town graphics were to be used.

About game-scripts or AIs I don't care much. I just want to see a modded let's play where a (or multiple) metropolis is grown.
I have been considering doing a series with ECS and cargo distribution. Would definitely be willing to add station decorations. I don't use timetabling much myself, as I've had trouble getting them to work effectively, but I could definitely do the basics.

Thank you for your input!
PikkaBird wrote:Trent Nicholson does some fun playthroughs.
I don't think I've seen his series before; I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Expresso wrote:What I would like to see is a let's play pax openttd, which builds a realistic transportation network, uses station grfs extensively and digs into timetabling and cargodist. Also, it would be nice if, for once, non-standard vehicles and town graphics were to be used.

I could do it myself, I have everything for, but I don't know if I want to make my let's plays in French or English.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

acs121 wrote:

I could do it myself, I have everything for, but I don't know if I want to make my let's plays in French or English.

Maybe depends on the end-goal:
- Want to garner traction with your uploads? Probably English.
- Just want to have some genuine fun without hassle? Probably French (judging from your location, is probably your native language).
Subtitles can take care of the rest. :)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Well, I think I may do some one day, but in English if I want them to be watched by the TT-Forums community.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

PikkaBird wrote:Trent Nicholson does some fun playthroughs.
Seconding this, he's a good example of how to do it well. Also his Transport Fever playthrough is great as well.

One of the things I personally like in a YT series is to have a sense of purpose. Of course this is pretty normal but still feels like it's important, and noticeable when missing.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster

Return to “Off-Topic”