Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Allow diagonal dragging of rivers

Post by Redirect Left »

Howdy.

I've finally started working on some scenarios, and trying to do intricate rivers. However this is slowed down by rivers being only placed in squares/rectangles.
I think it'd work neater if it was like the destroy function, where you can hold down CTRL to drag in a diagonal fashion.

cheers for reading!
Last edited by Redirect Left on 08 Apr 2019 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Allow diagonal dragging of rivers

Post by peter1138 »

Hmm, in the scenario editor, pressing ctrl switches the canal tool from placing canal to placing sea. Wondering if, for consistency, this should be split off to a separate button and then have ctrl do diagonals regardless of water class.
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

peter1138 wrote:Hmm, in the scenario editor, pressing ctrl switches the canal tool from placing canal to placing sea. Wondering if, for consistency, this should be split off to a separate button and then have ctrl do diagonals regardless of water class.
That'd be even better. I hadn't used canals so i was unaware that also had a different behaviour for CTRL.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

peter1138 wrote:Hmm, in the scenario editor, pressing ctrl switches the canal tool from placing canal to placing sea. Wondering if, for consistency, this should be split off to a separate button and then have ctrl do diagonals regardless of water class.
yes

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”