[WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [WIP] Finnish Trainset - Alpha available NOW on BaNaNaS!

Post by kyosuke1989 »

WLK wrote:Hello,

I have tried (after a longer time of not-playing) the latest nightly from devzone but no waggons appear in the buy menu. Is that intended? Thanks
Wagons are now back. :)
Snail wrote:
Alberth wrote:Not, until juzza1 re-enables the translator as he disabled it (see post above yours)
Thanks! Since my inquiry is more generic (I can't see any "Start fixing" option close to my language in any project, not just this set, despite my being a registered translator) I posted my inquiry on the Webtranslator topic. :)
Also, eints is also back, translation-fixing can be resumed again. :)
WLK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by WLK »

kyosuke1989 wrote: Wagons are now back. :)
Great news :) but no double-deckers :(
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Concerning translation, I have a few questions:
  • - What is V-Gear and others? Something to do with cylinder alignment?
    - What is the use of the Scrap Wagon? Transport of scrap metal, or general garbage?
    - Container Wagon: Is it a container carrier wagon, or a wagon that contains something (type E or T wagon)?
    - Container / Heavy Load Wagon: same thing
    - Ammonia wagon: is it a special gas tank, or a liquid tank?
    - What's the difference between: "Wood chips container wagon" and "Wood chips wagon"?
    - What does "1.5st" mean?
    - STR_ADD_COMPOSITE: what is supposed to be composite? The materials used, or the train consist?
    - Is the "Transformer Carrier Wagon" a wagon with a lot of axles to evenly distribute the load?
    - Is there a difference between a driving coach and a conductor coach?
    - Two last mile diesel engines: what are they exactly? (my idea is an engine that can run two additional miles in case of breakdown, completely useless if you are stranded more than two miles away from a station)(but I think I'm wrong)
    - Combined Transport Wagon: is it a container carrier, or a wagon to transport entire trucks out of the roads? Or something else?
If someone could answer these questions, that would be very helpful!
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

- What is the use of the Scrap Wagon? Transport of scrap metal, or general garbage?
First.

- Container Wagon: Is it a container carrier wagon, or a wagon that contains something (type E or T wagon)?
First.

- Container / Heavy Load Wagon: same thing
As above.

- Ammonia wagon: is it a special gas tank, or a liquid tank?
A wagon for ammonia which is usually transported in liquid state.

- What's the difference between: "Wood chips container wagon" and "Wood chips wagon"?
First has chips loaded in a container, second is something like a hopper.

- What does "1.5st" mean?
Exactly that, not 1st, not 2nd but 1.5st

- Is there a difference between a driving coach and a conductor coach?
Usually, the driving coach is a non-motorized rear wagon with drive controls while the conductor coach is some kind of coach wit a compartment for a conductor (or other train personnel).

- Two last mile diesel engines: what are they exactly? (my idea is an engine that can run two additional miles in case of breakdown, completely useless if you are stranded more than two miles away from a station)(but I think I'm wrong)
Locomotives that have the capabiliti to operate for cca 2 miles on a diesel engine if they lose other means of power (e.g. electricity or battery or hybrid)

- Combined Transport Wagon: is it a container carrier, or a wagon to transport entire trucks out of the roads? Or something else?
Intermodal wagon.
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
juzza1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by juzza1 »

arikover wrote:Concerning translation, I have a few questions:

1. What is V-Gear and others? Something to do with cylinder alignment?
2. What is the use of the Scrap Wagon? Transport of scrap metal, or general garbage?
3. Container Wagon: Is it a container carrier wagon, or a wagon that contains something (type E or T wagon)?
4. Container / Heavy Load Wagon: same thing
5. Ammonia wagon: is it a special gas tank, or a liquid tank?
6. What's the difference between: "Wood chips container wagon" and "Wood chips wagon"?
7. What does "1.5st" mean?
8. STR_ADD_COMPOSITE: what is supposed to be composite? The materials used, or the train consist?
9. Is the "Transformer Carrier Wagon" a wagon with a lot of axles to evenly distribute the load?
10. Is there a difference between a driving coach and a conductor coach?
11. Two last mile diesel engines: what are they exactly? (my idea is an engine that can run two additional miles in case of breakdown, completely useless if you are stranded more than two miles away from a station)(but I think I'm wrong)
12. Combined Transport Wagon: is it a container carrier, or a wagon to transport entire trucks out of the roads? Or something else?
[/list]

If someone could answer these questions, that would be very helpful!
1. Specification for gear ratio, used with regearing
2. Scrap metal mostly
3. Container carrier wagon
4. Containers and other bulky heavy loads (not vehicles)
5. Liquid tank
6. The container one has a removable container for the wood chips, while the other is more like a fixed hopper-type wagon.
7. Between 1st and 2nd (used to indicate "odd" chassis generation that is really neither 1st or 2nd)
8. Material of certain coaches (mostly IC2 doubledecker)
9. Yes, that definition is used with a 32-axle special wagon
10. The driving coach is actually called control car. I changed the english translation for this. Conductor coach is a special coach for train conductors. Usually they also have a luggage compartment.
11. Yes, that's about right, but the diesel engines in this particular train can even be used for very light shunting or other purposes in case of electric breakdown, though the driving speed will be very low.
12. It can be used for both - transporting vehicles or containers.
WLK wrote: Great news :) but no double-deckers :(
They will be back soonish (just needs some finishing touches)

Edit: Did not notice this was already answered, but these answers might be useful nonetheless.
Rollmaterial
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Rollmaterial »

Voyager One wrote: - Two last mile diesel engines: what are they exactly? (my idea is an engine that can run two additional miles in case of breakdown, completely useless if you are stranded more than two miles away from a station)(but I think I'm wrong)
Locomotives that have the capabiliti to operate for cca 2 miles on a diesel engine if they lose other means of power (e.g. electricity or battery or hybrid)
Intermodal wagon.
This one seems to be about the Sr3 (Siemens Vectron). Last Mile just refers to the capability to pull wagons all the way to unelectrified loading/unloading areas. Bombardier TRAXX locomotives tested on a Germany to Turkey route demonstrated their Last Mile engines on a 20 km section during a power supply failure.
Voyager One
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Voyager One »

juzza1 wrote:Did not notice this was already answered, but these answers might be useful nonetheless.
... and your answers are much more detailed. :)
Leon

Image Image Image Image
"... all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..." - John Masefield
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Well thank you very much for all your answers!

*EDIT

Concerning the 1- (about V-gears), I guess this has something to do with the shape of the gears in the mechanical transmission, right? Or is it an initial?
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

arikover wrote:Well thank you very much for all your answers!

*EDIT

Concerning the 1- (about V-gears), I guess this has something to do with the shape of the gears in the mechanical transmission, right? Or is it an initial?
This is a case, when there is hydraulic (Dr14, Dv12) or electric (Dr13) transmission, which has selectable speed/TE range. Consider it as high gear and low gear.

Basically, selecting V-gear (of Dr14 locomotive) activates a part of transmission which provides maximum tractive effort (269 kN), but with lower speed (43 km/h) than the top speed (75 km/h). Normally there is a T-gear selected and that provides 180 kN of tractive effort, with mentioned 75 km/h top speed. V means "Vaihtotyö", which means shunting (use), and T means "Tavara", which means freight (use).

Actually, i do not know if it's a physical flip-swich switchable gear or other part on transmission which changes the speed and traction effort.

There is similar gears (T and M) on Dr13 and Dv12 locomotives.

Dv12 has normally M-gear selected and that provides 125 km/h top speed with 142 kN of tractive effort, and T-gear can be selected, providing 85 km/h top speed with 200 kN of tractive effort.
Dr13 has normally M-gear selected and that provides 140 km/h top speed with 210 kN of tractive effort, and T-gear can be selected, providing 100 km/h top speed with 290 kN of tractive effort.

In addition of previously mentioned T-gear, M-gear means "Matkustaja", which means passenger (use). All these gears (of Dr14, Dr13 and Dv12 locomotives) can be selected by refitting, and are compatible with all livery options.

In addition of those (in real life train driver selectable) gears, there is also some other speed-related refits available:

-Some of the newer Sr1's had 160 km/h gearing instead of normal 140 km/h gearing (that couldn't be simply selected by throwing a T/M- or V/T-switch like on Diesels). That can be also set by refit after certain date, and is compatible with livery options. Tractive effort drops at the same scale when speed increases, at normal gear 140 km/h 280 kN, and 160 km/h 244 kN.

-There is an Dm7 transmission refit available after certain date. Some later units had 5-speed gearbox, Wilson R11B, which provided 115 km/h maximum speed, and refit replicates that. By default Dm7's have 4-speed Wilson R11A gearbox, which provides 95 km/h maximum speed. Tractive effort remains the same with both transmissions, and all livery options are available as well. DmG7 has same refit available, with same specs.

-Dm10 had 120 km/h top speed at first, but later it was dropped to 100 km/h after it was discovered to have too bad brakes for 120 km/h running. 120 km/h top speed can be still refitted if you dare. Tractive effort remains the same in both cases.
Last edited by kyosuke1989 on 16 Mar 2015 21:19, edited 6 times in total.
arikover
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by arikover »

Thanks for the explanations!

Having translated this set and played with it a bit, I am impressed by the technical documentation you must have gathered to design it. Keep going!
Mizari
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Mizari »

When will the double-deckers return? It's been a while!
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Fennia Rail's first three diesel locomotives are going to be in Finland in next few months. National type marking for those locomotives will be Dr18 (it has been reserved), according to Resiina.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Fennia Rail's first Dr18 on test:
http://www.mainlinediesels.net/index.ph ... Y1IK_ntlBd
http://www.vladanfoto.cz/clanky-774.711 ... -rail.html

And the second Dr18 on test:
http://www.mainlinediesels.net/index.ph ... d87o_ntlBd
http://www.ceskenoviny.cz/regiony/zprav ... cu/1251776

http://www.mainlinediesels.net/index.ph ... n=shownews
Interestingly, Fennia Rail's locomotives will be transported over land to Finland. On temporary bogies the locomotives will be transported through Slovakia until they reach the border with Ukraine. From there on, the locos will travel on their final 1520 mm bogies through the Ukraine, Belarus and Russia to Finland.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Now we have new 0.6.0 release available at last, with loads of new features and bugfixes, available at usual place here: http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/finnisht ... ses/0.6.0/.
(To be put on BaNaNaS too)
alluke
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by alluke »

Nice to see some updates. When will the Edo be able to reverse? Some depot sprites also seem to be bugged. :)
Attachments
Näyttökuva 2015-12-10 kohteessa 14.33.31.png
Näyttökuva 2015-12-10 kohteessa 14.33.31.png (3.88 KiB) Viewed 6524 times
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

alluke wrote:Nice to see some updates. When will the Edo be able to reverse? Some depot sprites also seem to be bugged. :)
That is a known and high priority issue.
Mizari wrote:When will the double-deckers return? It's been a while!
Double deckers have returned, they work otherwise fine, but they don't have full liveries yet and depot graphics have some alignment issues. In next major release they will be fixed.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

The first Sr3 has been shipped to Finland, showing its livery that deviates from the ones used in the set so far. Pictures taken during its transfer from Munich to Rostock on loco buggies are found here: http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav= ... tion=dview
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

Valle wrote:The first Sr3 has been shipped to Finland, showing its livery that deviates from the ones used in the set so far. Pictures taken during its transfer from Munich to Rostock on loco buggies are found here: http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?nav= ... tion=dview
Yes, that needs also to be addressed. Green livery recolouring and the top of roof needs to be a little higher?

Now three more locomotives have sounds (Sr3, Dr18 and Move66), I added them. Laais wagon loading stages are currently WIP.
kyosuke1989
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by kyosuke1989 »

New VR Group's diesel locomotives announced, ordered from Staedler: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-10682580. Might be Dr19.

Older diesels will be gradually replaced.
Valle
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Valle »

This is good news for VR, I reckon. With Stadler Valencia (ex-Vossloh Spain) as the manufacturer, there should be enough know-how to deliver a high-quality product. The Railcolornews article shows a few more illustrations of this asymmetrical design - a cue that reminds me of the dual-mode Alstom H4 (SBB Aem 940).

With what I'd expect to be the Dr14 and oldest Dr12s on the chopping block with the first batch of 60 units, I wonder whether this could lead to a shift of the Dr16 towards a passenger train focus in their late service life. That said, I am not sure if there are a lot of passenger services on unelectrified Finnish railways allowing 140 km/h where there is also enough demand to justify locomotive-hauled operation in general. Are you aware of any?

Return to “Graphics Development”