Dedicated Server ignores config.cfg

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

EadZ1
Engineer
Engineer

Dedicated Server ignores config.cfg

Post by EadZ1 »

Good morning!

For 2 days I've been trying to change settings for my dedicated server. The settings are applied in the config.cfg, but not applied in the game. I couldn't find a solution either here in the forum or in the wiki. That's why I hope for your help.

At first I changed all settings as desired. When no change was made, I saved the config.cfg separately and reinstalled the server. Then I try to chang only single settings, for example, city names from English to German or the starting year. But the game is running with default settings.

What can this be?

Regards
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dedicated Server ignores config.cfg

Post by jfs »

Usually the config file is named openttd.cfg, if you named yours differently are you sure you're passing the right filename to the -c commandline parameter?
EadZ1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EadZ1 »

I didn't change the name if this file, so i think it isn't necessary to use the parameter.
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

Let's try again: If you want OpenTTD to find your config file without using commandline parameter, the name of the file must be "openttd.cfg".
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Make sure to have your server NOT running when you change the config file; OpenTTD makes a save of the settings upon terminating and might overwrite the changes you made while it was running.

Or use the -c configfilename flag to load from a non-default file which will not be overwritten when OpenTTD terminates.
EadZ1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by EadZ1 »

Oh, I'm sorry. The filename is openttd.cfg and not config.cfg as I wrote above.

I just reinstalled the server again und stopped it immediately. Then I copied the openttd.cfg I've saved before and restarted the server - it works! This I also tried the last 2 days. Don't know why it's running now.

Thanks for your help!

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”