Hotkey for refit :?:

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Trumsi
Engineer
Engineer

Hotkey for refit :?:

Post by Trumsi »

Hi,

I´m currently playing in multiplayer server, which is running latest Openttd version 1.8.0.

Currently i´m learning to use different hotkeys in order to make building much faster, some of which are customizable either in hotkeys.cfg file or throught openttd settings interface + some are written in openttd wiki.

I was wondering, is there possibility for me to modify or add new hotkey to hotkeys.cfg file (or through some other method) for train order "Refit at station -> Available cargo" option?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Hotkey for refit :?:

Post by Eddi »

adding hotkeys not found in hotkeys.cfg probably requires editing the source code
Trumsi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Trumsi »

Seems so yes.

Did some more digging and found that all possible shortcut combinations are defined by order_gui.cpp on source code level (https://docs.openttd.org/order__gui_8cpp.html).
For now gotta still use that drop down menu to select needed refit option for trains.

Looking through order_gui.cpp code, it will need some additional coding, but is probably doable.
For now can only hope, that maybe in some future openttd release on someday, developers will add "refit to available cargo" to possible hotkey combinations.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Trumsi wrote:Seems so yes.

Did some more digging and found that all possible shortcut combinations are defined by order_gui.cpp on source code level (https://docs.openttd.org/order__gui_8cpp.html).
For now gotta still use that drop down menu to select needed refit option for trains.

Looking through order_gui.cpp code, it will need some additional coding, but is probably doable.
For now can only hope, that maybe in some future openttd release on someday, developers will add "refit to available cargo" to possible hotkey combinations.
Make a patch, submit it to the devs for review. Even if it is just adding some new hotkeys.
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

kamnet wrote:
Trumsi wrote:Seems so yes.

Make a patch, submit it to the devs for review. Even if it is just adding some new hotkeys.
That's how I started with OpenTTD work ;)
(svn r13481) -Codechange: add 'B' keyboard shortcut to build aqueduct (planetmaker)

Return to “General OpenTTD”