Having a routing issue.

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

FlutterDash
Engineer
Engineer

Having a routing issue.

Post by FlutterDash »

I've been having issues with making certain trains not following routing orders around my little set on CLW Automod. I have specific pick up and dropoff points added so that I can have long distance trains go to different parts of the layout, but they run through the station and ignore the routing destinations.
Like: A -> B -> C -> Skip D -> E -> Skip F-I -> A (Loop and continue.)
I don't know if the AI is against me, but I check, re-check, follow the rails, and make certain that the tracks that are chosen correctly to make sure there's a clear route.
I've also had issues with: A -> Skip B-C -> D -> E -> Skip F-I -> Loop back to A.
I guess meticulous and specific routes with entry and exit points along a track that only goes one direction with cargo and passengers isn't Loco's main suit. :|
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Re: Having a routing issue.

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

FlutterDash wrote:I've been having issues with making certain trains not following routing orders around my little set on CLW Automod. I have specific pick up and dropoff points added so that I can have long distance trains go to different parts of the layout, but they run through the station and ignore the routing destinations.
Like: A -> B -> C -> Skip D -> E -> Skip F-I -> A (Loop and continue.)
I don't know if the AI is against me, but I check, re-check, follow the rails, and make certain that the tracks that are chosen correctly to make sure there's a clear route.
I've also had issues with: A -> Skip B-C -> D -> E -> Skip F-I -> Loop back to A.
I guess meticulous and specific routes with entry and exit points along a track that only goes one direction with cargo and passengers isn't Loco's main suit. :|
If you have turnouts are you routing with waypoints before and after the turnout?
The AI will select another route if the one you wish to use is occupied by another train, in effect absolute block.
I tend to use a lot of waypoints up to 40 per train if the layout of track is complex so it has a definitive pathing to reach the final destination.
FlutterDash
Engineer
Engineer

Post by FlutterDash »

If you have turnouts are you routing with waypoints before and after the turnout?
The AI will select another route if the one you wish to use is occupied by another train, in effect absolute block.
I tend to use a lot of waypoints up to 40 per train if the layout of track is complex so it has a definitive pathing to reach the final destination.
I've tried waypoints (until I ran out of usable points). Then I found out that that didn't do anything to help. I've tried ripping out extra waypoints (to have track switching) and it helped a little. (Just stations highlighted on the route menu.) Then trains started ignoring open stations (that are unobstructed), and running them instead of stopping.
I've been trying to get extra tracks done so that I can have multiple trains on the same track with several running down the extras (for maximum efficiency), but they aren't listening to the commands that are given.
It's like; Stop at Coal Mine 1, Wait until full. -> Ignore Station 1 -> Ignore Station 2 -> Stop and Unload at Station 3 ->Ignore Station 4 ->Ignore Station 5 -> repeat.
Somewhere in there, it loses track of where Station 3 is, or just straight up ignores it and runs through.
I don't know what's causing the issue, but I can't run trains down certain lines (even with space), because they will either ignore the station for loading, unloading, or just not find it to begin with and circle around in the wrong area even when told a specific route.
I forgot to mention that I use OpenLoco. (>.>)
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

FlutterDash wrote:
I've tried waypoints (until I ran out of usable points). Then I found out that that didn't do anything to help. I've tried ripping out extra waypoints (to have track switching) and it helped a little. (Just stations highlighted on the route menu.) Then trains started ignoring open stations (that are unobstructed), and running them instead of stopping.
I've been trying to get extra tracks done so that I can have multiple trains on the same track with several running down the extras (for maximum efficiency), but they aren't listening to the commands that are given.
It's like; Stop at Coal Mine 1, Wait until full. -> Ignore Station 1 -> Ignore Station 2 -> Stop and Unload at Station 3 ->Ignore Station 4 ->Ignore Station 5 -> repeat.
Somewhere in there, it loses track of where Station 3 is, or just straight up ignores it and runs through.
I don't know what's causing the issue, but I can't run trains down certain lines (even with space), because they will either ignore the station for loading, unloading, or just not find it to begin with and circle around in the wrong area even when told a specific route.
I forgot to mention that I use OpenLoco. (>.>)

Sorry no experience of that I use Locomotion as it the Original Atari release, best scout around but I would start by checking all of your waypoints are on the track and with the stations that they don't show waypoints as the name
Also to through route a train you have t double click the waypoint twice to get it to NOT stop, so it says route through.

If not then I would try contacting the vendor to see if it is a bug or whether a corrupted instillation

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”