[OTTD] OpenGFX+ Airports

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: [OTTD] OpenGFX+ Airports

Post by kamnet »

Alberth wrote:You shouldn't need to delete the current version, afaik a savegame always tries to find an exact match with the available newgrfs, and only moves to "compatible" newgrfs if the exact match fails.
Saving the game with the "compatible" NewGRF won't update it with the newer version?
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

if you set a hidden and known unsafe flag, ignored all the warnings, noticed something being wrong, and still overwrote your previously fine savegame, then you are beyond hope.
te_lanus
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane

Post by te_lanus »

Alberth wrote:You shouldn't need to delete the current version, afaik a savegame always tries to find an exact match with the available newgrfs, and only moves to "compatible" newgrfs if the exact match fails.
As we discussed it here in the Firs thread, there is a bug in the Path handling of tar files, thus it doesn't work. Tested it with Rev27408, and not fixed up to this rev. Created a Bug report here
Eddi wrote:if you set a hidden and known unsafe flag, ignored all the warnings, noticed something being wrong, and still overwrote your previously fine savegame, then you are beyond hope.
?(
Pekkape
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Pekkape »

Hello and thanks for a nice newgrf.

I just wanted to add that the swedish translation is made and done for this project.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It's been six months since the last nightly was released, and nearly three years since 0.4.2 was published. Can we go ahead and move r6200 to stable 0.4.3 and publish it to BaNaNaS?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: [OTTD] OpenGFX+ Airports - 0.5.0

Post by planetmaker »

Long time ago... But yes, we can establish the current state of development as new release version.

Thank you for your patience. And especially thank you to all the industrious translators!
Translation updates were contributed (in no particular order) by telanus, juanjo, siu238X, Voyager1, Alberth, alfergen, foobar, OliTTD, alluke, Czeczki, UseYourIllusion, kevin, Snail, Supercheese, ciekma, George, SilverSurferZzZ, Phreeze and Pekkape01. Your work is very much appreciated! (I hope I didn't forget any name here when going through translation commits)

Now available from Bananas is OpenGFX+ Airports 0.5.0:

Code: Select all

Version 0.5.0 (01-01-2019)
--------------------------
- Feature: Vintage Air Depots and Air Stations suitable for early games with airships
- Feature: Vintage Commuter airport suitable for early games.
- Feature: Parameter to adjust displaying airport fences
- Feature: Small Seaplane Airport
- Feature: Skid mark generation on landing runways as more planes touch down on them
- Fix: Company Colors were one shade too light in Air Depot and Air Station previews
- Fix: Bump min_compatible_version
- Fix: [Makefile] Order of parameters for tar changed for newer versions.
                  dos2unix behaviour changed for newer versions
- Fix: [Makefile] Upload to bananas
- Update: Translations for Africaans, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (traditional),
          Croatian, Czech, Dutch, English (US), Finnish, French, German, Hungarian,
          Indonesian, Italian, Japnanese, Korean, Latin, Luxembourgish, Polish,
          Russian, Spanish, Swedish,
Some of the airports in snowy climate
Some of the airports in snowy climate
Osnaheim Transport, 3rd Apr 1971.png (306.94 KiB) Viewed 5562 times
Additional gameplay note: The water airport is more for fun and not meant for normal usage as no plane properties exist to distinguish it from a normal small airport of which it is just a version with different sprites. But there is at least one NewGRF with a water plane... so you can use it to mimic it when used with care. It must be build on ground nonetheless and cannot be built on water.

EDIT: oh, yes, I just notice NOW: the shipped changelog will quote the wrong year for the release :D
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I am very happy to finally see this released to Bananas. Thank you!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

planetmaker wrote:Additional gameplay note: The water airport is more for fun and not meant for normal usage as no plane properties exist to distinguish it from a normal small airport of which it is just a version with different sprites. But there is at least one NewGRF with a water plane... so you can use it to mimic it when used with care. It must be build on ground nonetheless and cannot be built on water.
Of course you can use the water tile in the Seaplane Airport GRF to make it look seamless :wink:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Could have used the EmptyGRF water tile for snowline compability. Who wouldn't put a lake airport on top of a snowy mountain lake? :mrgreen:
makessense.png
makessense.png (72.28 KiB) Viewed 5464 times
(of course technically the ice would probably just be snow so just have it replaced with a snow groundtile would make sense as well ^^; )
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

Emperor Jake wrote:
planetmaker wrote:Additional gameplay note: The water airport is more for fun and not meant for normal usage as no plane properties exist to distinguish it from a normal small airport of which it is just a version with different sprites. But there is at least one NewGRF with a water plane... so you can use it to mimic it when used with care. It must be build on ground nonetheless and cannot be built on water.
Of course you can use the water tile in the Seaplane Airport GRF to make it look seamless :wink:
My usual work-around is to build canals all-around adjacent to the envisioned airport. And then bulldoze the enclosed area in order to build the airport

@Pyrno: yes, maybe - there currently is no ground tile selection for this one. Sadly I cannot have it built on water directly (in that case I'd simply re-use the ground tile) - as such I have to choose a ground tile explicitly.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

:bow:

Pretty much an essential grf this one.

Worth using just for removing the airport date restrictions.

But the extra vintage/grass airports are also great - I use them for airports handling FIRS supplies at farms and such :D
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

planetmaker wrote:
Emperor Jake wrote:
My usual work-around is to build canals all-around adjacent to the envisioned airport. And then bulldoze the enclosed area in order to build the airport

@Pyrno: yes, maybe - there currently is no ground tile selection for this one. Sadly I cannot have it built on water directly (in that case I'd simply re-use the ground tile) - as such I have to choose a ground tile explicitly.
Just curious ...
What happens if the over-water part of the airport sprites are done in transparent blue?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by planetmaker »

wallyweb wrote: What happens if the over-water part of the airport sprites are done in transparent blue?
Not sure I understand the question..

The water is ground sprites. You need to use non-transparent ground sprites or you'll get graphics glitches of the worst kind as OpenTTD doesn't know what to draw and draws random content of graphics buffer. And as airports cannot be built on water, I cannot choose the ground sprite for the sea port from the tiletype either as I do for all other airports - here I need to force water manually
GuilhermeJK
Engineer
Engineer

Post by GuilhermeJK »

If you feel like using a small patch, there is the "Native seaplane airport". viewtopic.php?f=33&t=72959

I have used this patch it with NRT and worked. The patch forum thread also has an adapted Seaplane airport from OpenGFX+ Airports to work with the patch.
Zoeff
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zoeff »

Curious, what happened to the Airport Maintenance Costs multiplier option in this GRF's settings? I was using that to nerf larger airports :)
Cryolaser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cryolaser »

Zoeff wrote:Curious, what happened to the Airport Maintenance Costs multiplier option in this GRF's settings? I was using that to nerf larger airports :)
It's still present as the 4th option for me. Version 0.5.0.

There is a GRF in the ingame online content menu simply called BaseCosts that can also offer control over this.
Zoeff
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zoeff »

Cryolaser wrote:
Zoeff wrote:Curious, what happened to the Airport Maintenance Costs multiplier option in this GRF's settings? I was using that to nerf larger airports :)
It's still present as the 4th option for me. Version 0.5.0.

There is a GRF in the ingame online content menu simply called BaseCosts that can also offer control over this.
There's only 3 options after upgrading to 0.5.0 :(
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Def there in 0.5.0 , as said earlier Base cost mod does the same .
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-06-08 at 17.27.00.png
(957.37 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Quantom
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Quantom »

Hi guys! I maked a OpenGFX+ airports: ttdurban theme version! I changed all grafic but helicopter terminals... they still OGF! Someone know how to fix that?
P.S. Source files here. Use GRFcogec to compilate it back.
P.P.S. This not last version. I will make changes soon.
P.P.P.S. Look on new traces! I'm remaked all of them!
Attachments
??????
??????
why.png (166.19 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
OGFX_airports_ttd_urban.zip
Sources
(1.23 MiB) Downloaded 37 times
ogfx-airports.grf
Compiled GRF
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 51 times
If you want make something, maki it yourself. If you want to maki it by programming, just get this task to another programmist :D

Return to “Graphics Development”