Back after a long time, wondering about newgrfs

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Back after a long time, wondering about newgrfs

Post by Expresso »

After a long time (3 years) I started playing openttd again. Now, I tried a game with a nice 1024x1024 map with some newgrfs, however I found the newgrfs I used a bit lacking in the station department. Could anyone give a suggestion as to which station grfs are nice looking. I found that there's a lot of newgrfs these days and I'm wondering how I should configure openttd.

I also wonder... there are 3 newgrfs for the Dutch station set, do I need to load them all?
planetmaker
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Re: Back after a long time, wondering about newgrfs

Post by planetmaker »

Station NewGRFs are unproblematic: Load them all - in a test game, if you want - and in your next game only load those which you like.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Expresso wrote:After a long time (3 years) I started playing openttd again. Now, I tried a game with a nice 1024x1024 map with some newgrfs, however I found the newgrfs I used a bit lacking in the station department. Could anyone give a suggestion as to which station grfs are nice looking. I found that there's a lot of newgrfs these days and I'm wondering how I should configure openttd.

I also wonder... there are 3 newgrfs for the Dutch station set, do I need to load them all?
The dutch and australian station sets come in multiple parts due to a restriction on the max number of Station tiles or something like that that a GRF can have. IT also allows one to just have what they want enabled and leave the rest.

You might also want to check on GRF Crawler for station GRF's as not every station GRF (and other GRF's) are available online as some are older GRF's that never got uploaded to Banana's for downloading ingame.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

A whole list of stations here, should be nearly complete: https://wiki.openttd.org/NewGRF_List

Dutch Station Set and Auz Stations are the two that have been putting out the most work in the last few years, though.
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

Thanks for all the replies. I now have lots of stations to work with.

Return to “General OpenTTD”