Parking ... Things

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Parking ... Things

Post by acs121 »

I think it's easier to do it as objects for the bus stops. Problem is, we don't have Newstops yet (and we surely won't until some time) and so all bus stops must be the same. This, unless you do overlapping tiles, although they graphically bug a bit and look weird in some cases. Maybe have a bus stop overlapping tile with a fake bus stop under a roof on the non-overlapping tile part, and the roof on the overlapping part ?
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

acs121 wrote:I think it's easier to do it as objects for the bus stops. Problem is, we don't have Newstops yet (and we surely won't until some time) and so all bus stops must be the same. This, unless you do overlapping tiles, although they graphically bug a bit and look weird in some cases. Maybe have a bus stop overlapping tile with a fake bus stop under a roof on the non-overlapping tile part, and the roof on the overlapping part ?
Providing the over lap is to the NW or NE and only overlap one tile, they don't bug hardly at all unless something large is placed under the over hang.

The main reason I like to try make something using Station Tiles is it not a wasted piece. The main tile extends the coverage area when a bus stop is placed under the overhang.

Not sure when I get chance to work on those, but hope it be early in the New Year.

In the mean time, I still playing around with the car parks.

These the pieces I re-coded so far.

The walk way from SW to NE through the car park helps show off the Trolley Bays.
Cross country Walk Ways-4.png
Cross country Walk Ways-4.png (73.92 KiB) Viewed 3999 times
Hope do more tomorrow.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

well, the Auz Car Parking Lot is basically finished.

Just a few add-ons I hope to include.

Like to make a few dead ends in the car parked so not have to make them all drive throughs.
Auz animated Car Parking Lot.png
Auz animated Car Parking Lot.png (141.86 KiB) Viewed 3811 times
Hope some of you can play around with what I done so far and let me know if there is anything else be nice to add.

I'll test till end of the year and if all ok hope release it on Bananas early in the new year.

Both game and source files here.

Haven't made the Documentation to go with it yet.
Attachments
AuzCarParking.grf
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 100 times
AuzParkingLotsSourceDec15.rar
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 92 times
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Excellent work. Thank you very much for your efforts on this set of graphics :bow: . It turned out just gorgeous Parking. I will definitely try it in my games :D .

I have the following wishes for Parking - Christmas decoration (Christmas trees, garlands), more snow in the Parking lots (on the roads, in cars, as in the Canadian station set). In other words - adaptation to all types of climate that are available in the game :wink: .

Regards, STD (Aleksey).
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote:Excellent work. Thank you very much for your efforts on this set of graphics . It turned out just gorgeous Parking. I will definitely try it in my games
Thanks for the complements.
STD wrote:I have the following wishes for Parking - Christmas decoration (Christmas trees, garlands), more snow in the Parking lots (on the roads, in cars, as in the Canadian station set). In other words - adaptation to all types of climate that are available in the game
Still have a few bits and pieces I like to add.

A Christmas Tree might go nice, but think it could be a separate tile and maybe also include in in TownObjects.

See what I can do about other items .. Still to make the Billboard to go near the entrances.

The car parks do build on the snow with just the cars and some objects showing. The car park itself is as white as snow.

After placing the game file in post above .. I went back and played around with it and found a few minor faults. Light sticking out the top one of the trees and buses crashing into each other. So while fixing them I made some dead ends. If all goes well have them available in a few hours time (after the movie is over).

Christmas Cheers all
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

MERRY CHRISTMAS .. fixed the few errors in the graphics, added the dead end car Parks and made some Christmas Tree.
Auz animated Car Parking Lot 2.png
Auz animated Car Parking Lot 2.png (172.82 KiB) Viewed 3720 times
The 4 trees to choose from .. 1 without kids, 1 with kids, and 2 with Santa and his 6 White Boomers.

If any one like Santa to have Reindeers, please draw me some.

Here the new game file.
Attachments
AuzCarParking.grf
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 112 times
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Great job done. Once again, thank you very much for your efforts :D . Really, it's a pleasure to test and use all your graphics sets in the game :wink: .

I think that you will be able to correct those errors that are found. Besides, there are those forum users that can help you to solve the issue :D . As people usually say - your mentors :)) .

Christmas Cheers all
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

GarryG wrote: Image
To help reduce the number of pieces I thinking of removing the one on the right and just have the one choice, at least for the object sets. Pyoro has already done a set of those on the right and available back on page 1 of this Topic.
I would like to see the style on the right included with animations because they line up with normal OpenTTD roads and other fake road objects.

Also, this might be a good set to put your elevated parking garages in. :)
GarryG wrote:A Christmas Tree might go nice, but think it could be a separate tile and maybe also include in in TownObjects.
We do already have a Christmas Tree objects newgrf that may need some new contributions, that might be more suitable.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

kamnet wrote:I would like to see the style on the right included with animations because they line up with normal OpenTTD roads and other fake road objects
To be honest, I would have preferred to use only the car parks on right for the reason you said, they align better with other things, especially if no room for all those roads added.

Reason I used the ones on left (centre parking) so could have the walk ways with parking either side .. as couldn't figure out a way to have this using the other style.

Any suggestions how I could have the walk way with the right hand tile would be appreciated. Maybe a idea might come to me eventually.
kamnet wrote:Also, this might be a good set to put your elevated parking garages in.
Hope to move these over to this set too .. not sure yet how to animate overlap sections .. that something I hope to experiment with.

Also like to re-design them so can all can join together.

I know they are high and some people like to have them only 8 high so be level with top of a slope .. but if I lower them, Catenary and signals stick through the top.

But have another idea. What if I make them multi story parking. Ground level can over lap roads and railways. Than have the first parking level same height as a slope, and if I add a 2nd story level above that, it should hide the catenary.
kamnet wrote:We do already have a Christmas Tree objects newgrf that may need some new contributions, that might be more suitable.
Don't remember seeing that .. where can I find?
STD wrote:Great job done. Once again, thank you very much for your efforts . Really, it's a pleasure to test and use all your graphics sets in the game .I think that you will be able to correct those errors that are found. Besides, there are those forum users that can help you to solve the issue . As people usually say - your mentors .Christmas Cheers all
Once sure of the parking design and if I not worked out fixes to any errors I come across will call upon my mentors .. Lots of Mentors in these forums that have helped me in the past.

Christmas Cheers all
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

How strange our mind can be :roll:

Just figured out a way to have the walk ways using the Car Park tiles with parking either side in stead of in the centre.
Change in Parking-2.png
Change in Parking-2.png (7.96 KiB) Viewed 3514 times
Could change all the car parks I did to look like these. If I do this it will make it easier to use the car parks with other objects and roads as Kamnet suggested.

The way I have it at the moment .. you have t use the roads I did so can join it to other objects and the main roads.

If I change them like in the image, we will have a better variety on how we like to use them.

Only reason I didn't do this way before is I never thought of the idea on how to have the walk ways with the awnings.

The guttering along the edge of the grass also looks better.

Hope you all agree I should make these changes.

Christmas Cheers all
Soot Happens
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

For the grass and sidewalks, you could have a full tile with a grass median and sidewalks on two sides, or just one side. You could also put the covered walkways in the middle.

I'm not opposed to keeping both styles. Or maybe do a one/other/both so we can all decide for ourselves what works best? (Yeah I know that's complicated just a little ;) )

Christmas trees - PaulC did this back in 2011: viewtopic.php?p=987019#p987019
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

kamnet wrote:For the grass and sidewalks, you could have a full tile with a grass median and sidewalks on two sides, or just one side. You could also put the covered walkways in the middle.
Something like this?
Change in Parking-4.png
Change in Parking-4.png (12.9 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
I think you all will like if I just use these design as finally figured out how to include some over ideas I had.
Change in Parking-3.png
Change in Parking-3.png (12.87 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
The nice part about using this car park design is every link to them so easy and a lot more combinations become available.

I'll build all the parts first before I code them and add vehicles.
Soot Happens
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Based on the above message, I agree that you should make all the changes that have been mentioned :wink: .

Most importantly - there are various ideas to improve and refine the existing functionality. Plus - different tips and help from experienced users :D .

I will wait for the update of Parking :) .

Regards, STD (Aleksey).
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

STD wrote:Based on the above message, I agree that you should make all the changes that have been mentioned .Most importantly - there are various ideas to improve and refine the existing functionality. Plus - different tips and help from experienced users
The ideas other provide are great .. just I got to get my mind to work on some of those ideas.

The more I fiddle around with the idea the better things are looking.

It allowing a player to use the pieces with or without the fake roads I add to it, which will be great to use around Industries and parking lots that not related to shopping centres.

Christmas Trees

I had a look at the Christmas Trees that PaulC made some time ago.

Link to his forum is in Kamnets post above.

He done a excellent job so don't think I will need the tree I did.

The Christmas tree I made actually used the same tree that PaulC used, but I increased the size to 150%.
Soot Happens
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Great work as usual , just a quick note if folks want Xmas markets then look here ....viewtopic.php?t=70997 .
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

piratescooby wrote:Great work as usual , just a quick note if folks want Xmas markets then look here ....viewtopic.php?t=70997 .
Thanks kindly .

Glad you and Kamnet finding Christmas items .. saves me trying to make any.

Many of us would have seen them before, but forgot about them as been over a year since players would have used them :D

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

This is where I am up to with the new AuzCarParks.
AuzCarParks with sloped roads.png
AuzCarParks with sloped roads.png (213.23 KiB) Viewed 3181 times
The Car Park Walk Ways traversing from NW to SE not complete yet. (Haven't done the disabled Parking and Trolley bays yet)

I added slope roads to if need can go up levels with the parking.

So fare I have completed:
Car Parking (unless you can see some other ideas I can add)
Walk Ways with the Awnings almost complete.

Straight, Sloped, Curved, T-Junctions and Cross Road Roads.
Bus Zones are done .. but need some exit and entry roads to them.

See for your self if like to fiddle around with where I a up to.

Christmas Cheers to all
Attachments
AuzCarParks.grf
(1.05 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
Soot Happens
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

I like both of these... gives me lots of options for deciding how I want to build.
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

kamnet wrote:I like both of these... gives me lots of options for deciding how I want to build.
When I get the lot working on now finished .. if players like could combine the 2 sets together.

The ones I doing now be under the title "AuzCarParks:"

The other maybe could title those under "AuzCentreCarParks:"

So they easier to find.
Soot Happens
Pyoro
Tycoon