[REL] More Farming Industries

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

_CHILI_
Engineer
Engineer

[REL] More Farming Industries

Post by _CHILI_ »

I made some new industries and some new cargo for locomotion to expand on some of the existing farms in the game and the way food can be produced.

New Industries:

Orange Plantation
Cherry Plantation
Palm Oil Plantation
Maple Syrup Farm
Pig Farm
Sheep Farm
Slaughterhouse
Food Processing Plant+ (Does not replace the original)
Fruit Processing Plant

New Cargo:
Oranges
Cherries
Pigs
Sheep
Palm Oil
Maple Syrup

The new food processing plant takes Grain, Maple Syrup or Palm Oil to make food.
The Fruit processing plant (modified Winery) takes Grapes, Cherries or Oranges to make food.
The Slaughterhouse turns Pigs, Sheep or Livestock (renamed Cows, (optional file)) into food
The sheepfarm is a modified one by Br2181576 that now produces Sheep

All new cargo works with vanilla vehicles, or any custom vehicle that carries goods, livestock or chemicals.

I included a testing scenario with the files. :D

Attachments
MoreFarmingIndustries.zip
More Farming Industries v1.1
(597.27 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
Last edited by _CHILI_ on 31 Jan 2019 00:36, edited 19 times in total.
maquinista
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [WIP] Farming Industries

Post by maquinista »

It looks great, I hope that some day we had a Free alternative to locomotion.
Sorry if my english is too poor, I want learn it, but it isn't too easy.[/list][/size]
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Reminds me a lot of my food mod wich can be found in my signature. Maybe we can release these mods together as one ? I don't do a lot these days with Locomotion, but this looks a nice add on for the food-mod...
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

_CHILI_ wrote:I made some new industries and some new cargo for locomotion to expand on some of the existing farms in the game.
New industries:

Pig Farm
Orange Plantation
Slaughterhouse
Food processing plant+ (Does not replace the original)

New cargo:

Oranges
Pigs
(Sheep)

The new food processing plant now takes plant based foods; Grain, Grapes and Oranges. The slaughterhouse takes livestock, pigs, and sheep. (I created the sheep cargo and used it on a modified sheep farm by Br2181576 off wisim-welt.de) The slaugtherhouse is a modified paper mill with the green roof replaced with red for easy identification.
All new cargo works with vanilla vehicles and wagons because they share the same cargo ID's.
These are still WIP.

Looks good, my concern is that you are re using cargo id's, that way the system is going to show id's for cattle, grain etc and not for oranges, pigs or sheep? Does it show them like it as the new cargo's or would it be preferable to use fresh id numbers so it can identify the cargo rather than a generic id?

The pig one looks very good and since cattle by rail irl fades out by the mid 1970's pigs might be a better replacement.
_CHILI_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by _CHILI_ »

Sorry for no updates on this. I really want to finish this mod. I started working on it again.

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Reminds me a lot of my food mod wich can be found in my signature. Maybe we can release these mods together as one ? I don't do a lot these days with Locomotion, but this looks a nice add on for the food-mod...
That sounds like a great idea, but wouldn't there be too many industries to put in scenarios?
uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:
Looks good, my concern is that you are re using cargo id's, that way the system is going to show id's for cattle, grain etc and not for oranges, pigs or sheep? Does it show them like it as the new cargo's or would it be preferable to use fresh id numbers so it can identify the cargo rather than a generic id?

The pig one looks very good and since cattle by rail irl fades out by the mid 1970's pigs might be a better replacement.
The cargo is similar to grapes so that it will fit into all vehicles that carries goods and grapes. Is that such a bad thing? That way new vehicles wouldn't be needed.
_CHILI_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by _CHILI_ »

New farms:

Maple Syrup Farm. Produces Maple Syrup

Palm Oil Plantation. Produces Palm Oil
_CHILI_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by _CHILI_ »

Cherry Plantation. Produces Cherries

I have reworked the Food processing plant, so that it now takes Grain, Maple Syrup or Palm Oil to produce Food.
Instead Grapes, Oranges, and Cherries go to the Fruit Processing Plant to be turned into food. It is a modified Winery.

The mod has now been released! Download link on the first post.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

_CHILI_ wrote:Sorry for no updates on this. I really want to finish this mod. I started working on it again.

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Reminds me a lot of my food mod wich can be found in my signature. Maybe we can release these mods together as one ? I don't do a lot these days with Locomotion, but this looks a nice add on for the food-mod...
That sounds like a great idea, but wouldn't there be too many industries to put in scenarios?

The cargo is similar to grapes so that it will fit into all vehicles that carries goods and grapes. Is that such a bad thing? That way new vehicles wouldn't be needed.
Nope that makes things a lot lot easier in that respect but the new industries don't overwrite any dats?
_CHILI_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by _CHILI_ »

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:Nope that makes things a lot lot easier in that respect but the new industries don't overwrite any dats?
No, they are all unique. I personally don't like to replace and change the functionality of the vanilla game. Only the livestock cargo file replaces the original, but it is totally optional, as stated in the .zip file. It just fits better with the mod as the Slaughterhouse will say; Received last month: xxx Cows rather than xxx items of Livestock, to blend in with xxx Pigs and xxx Sheep. Nothing else about it has changed so it is still sort of vanilla.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

_CHILI_ wrote:
uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:Nope that makes things a lot lot easier in that respect but the new industries don't overwrite any dats?
No, they are all unique. I personally don't like to replace and change the functionality of the vanilla game. Only the livestock cargo file replaces the original, but it is totally optional, as stated in the .zip file. It just fits better with the mod as the Slaughterhouse will say; Received last month: xxx Cows rather than xxx items of Livestock, to blend in with xxx Pigs and xxx Sheep. Nothing else about it has changed so it is still sort of vanilla.

Thank you I've just finished a good high grade landscape and will run the new dats within that, when things are a day or so in I'll post up some screenshots
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Thank you I've just finished a good high grade landscape and will run the new dats within that, when things are a day or so in I'll post up some screenshots[/quote]
Attachments
Athens and Sparta Railroad taps the sheep farms of Athens
Athens and Sparta Railroad taps the sheep farms of Athens
Screenshot14.jpg (63.94 KiB) Viewed 18439 times
End of the Line at Sparta
End of the Line at Sparta
Screenshot15.jpg (63.93 KiB) Viewed 18439 times
Walveney Island grain and pigs
Walveney Island grain and pigs
Screenshot17.jpg (64.25 KiB) Viewed 18439 times
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:Thank you I've just finished a good high grade landscape and will run the new dats within that, when things are a day or so in I'll post up some screenshots
[/quote]
Attachments
here we have the Rome and Corinth railroad serving the pig farms of Corinth
here we have the Rome and Corinth railroad serving the pig farms of Corinth
Screenshot18.jpg (64.72 KiB) Viewed 18439 times
Corinth where the Corinth and Carthage meets the Rome and Corinth
Corinth where the Corinth and Carthage meets the Rome and Corinth
Screenshot19.jpg (63.45 KiB) Viewed 18439 times
Rome and Corinth Railroad serves the mines of Rome, notice the spoil tip behind the mine
Rome and Corinth Railroad serves the mines of Rome, notice the spoil tip behind the mine
Screenshot22.jpg (64.91 KiB) Viewed 18439 times
_CHILI_
Engineer
Engineer

Re: [REL] More Farming Industries

Post by _CHILI_ »

Nice work! The different trains are all using the same tracks? If so that is sweet, I always mess it up when I make it like that as the rails get too congested. Well maybe I place my industries too close to one another :lol:
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

_CHILI_ wrote:Nice work! The different trains are all using the same tracks? If so that is sweet, I always mess it up when I make it like that as the rails get too congested. Well maybe I place my industries too close to one another :lol:

It tends to come down to waypoints and junction layouts, my standard junction uses twin track in most cases, I hate single lead junctions and prefer flyovers and dive unders when I need to move extra trains through.

The other thing I do is to not put signals between junctions when they are closely spaced together so that a train's path is straight out of the food processing plane, across one or maybe two sets of turnouts before setting off on it's run to the farm of origin.

Speaking of which the Athens and Sparta will be rebuilding its Bridge junction with a little grade separation and a possibly a dive under to move trains faster in the near future, as they will be adding an extra four trains in that corridor.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

_CHILI_ wrote:Nice work! The different trains are all using the same tracks? If so that is sweet, I always mess it up when I make it like that as the rails get too congested. Well maybe I place my industries too close to one another :lol:
Speaking of which the Athens and Sparta will be rebuilding its Bridge junction with a little grade separation and a possibly a dive under to move trains faster in the near future, as they will be adding an extra four trains in that corridor.
Attachments
The newly constructed bridge that takes the sheep trains over the main line south to Thebes
The newly constructed bridge that takes the sheep trains over the main line south to Thebes
Screenshot23.jpg (63.1 KiB) Viewed 17235 times
The animal processing plant has a loading line for food trains added
The animal processing plant has a loading line for food trains added
Screenshot24.jpg (64.79 KiB) Viewed 17235 times
All three of the sheep farms are now rail served
All three of the sheep farms are now rail served
Screenshot25.jpg (64.66 KiB) Viewed 17235 times
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

Well, I'm not playing Locomotion anymore...I play a lot of transport Fever these days, and I'm trying to convert the Serpent map again for it, as the last one wasn't perfect at all. I don't even know what I still have in my mod list anymore or how to start up my (older) saved games. I'm sure that I will never pick up my mod where I left off and since you are so keen on making a new food mod, I here by grant you permission to use all the released stuff that I made for my version of the food-mod. I followed your work for a while and you are doing a great job, so I trust you with all the stuff from my old mod. You can use everything that's in the last open download of the mod. Perhaps you can merge things together or so...I only ask that you mention my name for stuff that I original created...for the rest you can use and change everything as you see fit.

I wish you all the fun with it and the people who play with it.

Regards,

Erik van Kaldekerken
_CHILI_
Engineer
Engineer

Post by _CHILI_ »

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:Well, I'm not playing Locomotion anymore...I play a lot of transport Fever these days, and I'm trying to convert the Serpent map again for it, as the last one wasn't perfect at all. I don't even know what I still have in my mod list anymore or how to start up my (older) saved games. I'm sure that I will never pick up my mod where I left off and since you are so keen on making a new food mod, I here by grant you permission to use all the released stuff that I made for my version of the food-mod. I followed your work for a while and you are doing a great job, so I trust you with all the stuff from my old mod. You can use everything that's in the last open download of the mod. Perhaps you can merge things together or so...I only ask that you mention my name for stuff that I original created...for the rest you can use and change everything as you see fit.

I wish you all the fun with it and the people who play with it.

Regards,

Erik van Kaldekerken
Thank you! I feel honored to be allowed to do that. :bow:
I still have to figure out how to merge them though as my mod is adding onto what is in Loco already and your mod is changing the gameplay a little more, i.e. having modded houses and farms requiring items to opperate. I might just merge them together in a standalone mod. And of course you will be credited! I am currently about to move back to Europe from Canada for a job so I won't be modding as much for the time being. I will however redownload your mod and play around with it to see how best I can implement my stuff into it. :D
pjustice71
Engineer
Engineer

Post by pjustice71 »

New to the game, but these look awesome. Had fun playing them so far.
Likulau
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Likulau »

Nice work, this is one of my favorite mods.

But why doesn't the food proc. plant accept cows anymore? Is it to balance the Slaughterhouse?
griffinrails
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by griffinrails »

Spot on, been combining this mod with the 21st century mod, and the result was magical. :mrgreen:
Thinking of throwing in the Electric Stuffs mod from the Cache aswell.
= STEAM TRAM viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87037 =+= CITY AND COUNTRY USA viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87054 =+= MAILCAR PATCH viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87071 =+= THE DECLINE viewtopic.php?f=39&t=87127 =+= NEW STATIONS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87191=+= DISTANT SIGNALS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87206 =+= AUSSIE LEVEL CROSSING viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87364 =+= BROAD GAUGE FOR LOCOMOTION viewtopic.php?f=40&t=87336 =+= OMNIBUS viewtopic.php?f=40&t=88862 =

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZYvWn ... T3EdQqUlKw

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”