Wheat lake Map & Scenario

Got a nice scenario or saved game for Locomotion? Post it here!

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Re: Wheat lake Map & Scenario

Post by uktrackbuilder_loco »

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:After some wondering where my screenshots had disappeared too, I eventually found them down in the virtual store (god knows why 10 sticks files down there) so here are some of the views of my take on this map
Some more from the same vein
Attachments
Screenshot12.png
Screenshot12.png (84.86 KiB) Viewed 17215 times
Screenshot13.png
Screenshot13.png (131.38 KiB) Viewed 17215 times
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:After some wondering where my screenshots had disappeared too, I eventually found them down in the virtual store (god knows why 10 sticks files down there) so here are some of the views of my take on this map
Well, most of my screenshots are gone too because of that paid site from photobucket. None of the less you did a nice job on this scenario. Nice to der that you are still around on the forums...I haven't played Locomotion for over a year and I don't do anything anymore with my mods although I still have to complete and revisit some of them...I can't find the time and are really not in the mood for it.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:
Well, most of my screenshots are gone too because of that paid site from photobucket. None of the less you did a nice job on this scenario. Nice to der that you are still around on the forums...I haven't played Locomotion for over a year and I don't do anything anymore with my mods although I still have to complete and revisit some of them...I can't find the time and are really not in the mood for it.

Sadly EDS the game is now showing it's age, 10 freezes it or crashes it and on nearly every occasion I have had to reset my screen resolution to play it.
I think in another year I will archive it as the game is getting too much of a problem for everyday fun because I understand what you saying, it takes time to involve yourself and thus you must have the time and the interest to make it happen, which is not the case.

Judging by the forum I would say that after 14 years Locomotion is making its approach to the station throat and soon it will be reaching the buffer stops, the fact that the Steam version does not appear to be compatible with the existing pc version suggest a paid ware version was in mind where you bought the necessary expansion items in game.
Locomotion is old hat when you have better looking rivals available
Emperor Darth Sidious
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Darth Sidious »

uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:Judging by the forum I would say that after 14 years Locomotion is making its approach to the station throat and soon it will be reaching the buffer stops.
I play mostly Transport Fever in these days and still a lot of older games like Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (openrct 2) and GTA San Andreas. I have high hopes for OpenLocomotion. If the creators for OpenLocomotion manage to release a version without the many restrictions like more vehicles, bigger maps and the possibility to use the long station patch and other mods I foresee a comeback for Locomotion...they managed to make a lot of nice changes for OpenRCT2, and if that doesn't work for Locomotion I think the game will surely be finished.
uktrackbuilder_loco
Director
Director

Emperor Darth Sidious wrote:
uktrackbuilder_loco wrote:Judging by the forum I would say that after 14 years Locomotion is making its approach to the station throat and soon it will be reaching the buffer stops.
I play mostly Transport Fever in these days and still a lot of older games like Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (openrct 2) and GTA San Andreas. I have high hopes for OpenLocomotion. If the creators for OpenLocomotion manage to release a version without the many restrictions like more vehicles, bigger maps and the possibility to use the long station patch and other mods I foresee a comeback for Locomotion...they managed to make a lot of nice changes for OpenRCT2, and if that doesn't work for Locomotion I think the game will surely be finished.
Open Locomotion will depend upon the rights of the various licensee's not being infringed, don't forget the fact that Steam took it up came as a surprise and sadly while the title to software falls dormant after 21 years, there is no such guarantee with Open Locomotion;
I hope it does as the hard limits on maps etc and vehicle numbers belongs from when the game was designed, pc's have advanced markedly since that point and they can handle the higher limits, in fact the exe hacks that have been mentioned would now be of little interest to anyone as I think the board is down to a few members, some of whom don't see the need for clean installs of scenario's.
Lighthouse
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator
Location: ´s-Hertogenbosch (AKA "The Duke´s Forest") , the Netherlands

Post by Lighthouse »

After a few tries i managed it to finish the modded version for this scenario in time, Sep the 22 1988.

Mods i also used are:
Autopause
Wrapper for no-breakdown no-obsolete
Max Production for Industries link

If i did not use the last one i could not make it, 3.3 mil tons of grain goal is not what the standard farms produce by themselves in the given time i guess.
i also bought some extra farms to up the farm production but i do not think that is necessary but waiting to get to 3.300.000 tons is moved got me a little bored.
In the screenshot i had the Boundry markers on 'build' instead of 'play' to find a way to lay down a road when the message came up, hence the red/white pilars.

Here's the save game and some screens:
The save game is from 1 year later, sept '89, because i finished my road re-construction first when i got my Success message.
Attachments
Wheat Lake Moded b11.SV5
(1.65 MiB) Downloaded 116 times
Wheat_Lake_Modded_Finished.png
(284.06 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Wheat_Lake_Modded_Map.png
(155.2 KiB) Not downloaded yet
The only thing that is not very successful in the wireless version : Bungee Jumping 8o
Just fold at the dotted line and cut it out with a pair of scissors. If you are under the age of 16 please ask one of your parents or an adult supervisor if she/he can help you.
Image........................................................................................
ImageImage

Return to “Locomotion Scenarios and Saved Games”