Help with mods

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

A random player
Engineer
Engineer

Help with mods

Post by A random player »

I need help with mods in OTTD. I downloaded 3 mods: American trains, dutch stations, and dutch stations add-on. However, I followed instructions on a You tube video but it still doesn't work. I would appreciate if someone helps me. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Help with mods

Post by Gwyd »

The steps to install a NewGRF varies based on how you downloaded it. If you downloaded it from the in-game content downloader then it comes ready installed. All that you have to do is go to NewGRF settings before you start a game and activate them. The NewGRFs will now be applied to your next new game.

If you have downloaded them manually, then you'll need to put the NewGRF in :C/Users/[username]/Documents/OpenTTD/newgrf. Then, restart the game (or in NewGRF settings click "Rescan files) then in NewGRF settings you activate them and then again, they'll be in active in your next new game.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

you need to
  1. activate the NewGRFs in the NewGRF settings from the main menu
  2. start a new game (loading an existing savegame or a scenario will not apply the new settings, but use the ones stored in the savegame)
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

And, just another to throw in, just in case the instructions didn't mention it:

If you manually downloaded, and the files are not in an unpacked folder or a .tar file, then you will need to extract them from the archive file you downloaded.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”