Accumulated trains

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ands9101
Engineer
Engineer

Accumulated trains

Post by ands9101 »

Hi all.

I recently started in the OpenTTD world and I have a small problem.
I already have a small map in play with several trains transporting passengers between several cities with a defined route (Go to City A> Go to City B> Go to City C ...., etc.) When I started trains these were correctly separated , now I see that there are 2 or 3 trains one behind others and the one that goes ahead loads everything of the station and those that are behind do not load anything because there is nothing to load and this generates me losses. Start another game and initially the trains are separated enough for the station to fill up again with passengers and then again trains start to accumulate again. I do not know if there is a function like "Exit if another train arrives" or "synchronize adjacent stations" or something like that (Roller Coaster XD)

Please, someone could tell me what to do to prevent trains from starting to accumulate.
I leave a capture where 3 trains of the same route are seen.

Thank you.
Attachments
Sin título.png
Sin título.png (410.42 KiB) Viewed 203 times
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Accumulated trains

Post by Quast65 »

Set orders of the trains to fully load cargo and/or use timetables.
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

A very simple solution is to have one long piece of track without any signals on it somewhere in the loop. As only one train at a time can be in such a block, the next train will have to wait before the long stretch of track, thus creating enough distance wrt to the previous train.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Another soution, possibly.

Train 1 orignal routed input.

Train 2 select 'Go To' Press control (crtl) on keybord whilst holding key down click on train 1, This shares oders

Train 3 Same as train 2.

Select 'Time Table' and ensure 'Automate and Auto Separation' are selected on each train.

The trains may queue, at first but will automatically separate over time.
Attachments
Frenningpool Falls Transport, 2024-11-12#2.png
(977.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

if you don't want to carefully craft a full timetable, you can diminish this "bunching up" effect by setting minimum loading times at the stations only, and leave the travel times blank. it's not as effective, but it's easier to set up
mak wrote:Select 'Time Table' and ensure 'Automate and Auto Separation' are selected on each train.
that is not a feature in the game.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Is in mine but I am using JGR's Patch. :wink:

Not used OTTD so difficult for me to know the differences, sorry if confusion caused.
ands9101
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ands9101 »

mak wrote:Is in mine but I am using JGR's Patch. :wink:

Not used OTTD so difficult for me to know the differences, sorry if confusion caused.
I downloaded that version of the post in this forum and has a lot of mistakes, one of them is when I want to go somewhere on the map or when I want to go to a stop in the list of orders, the game closes.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

This, to me, means that the game could be incorrectly loaded on the computer but someone with more technical knowledge may be able to help.

It may, possibly, be necessary to unload and clean the game from the computer and reload.

Sorry to not be more helpful.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”