Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Auztralian Industries (AuzInd)

Post by GarryG »

Hi,

Been fiddling around with the Industries and because of a few extra changes not sure if I could have left it as AuzInd5 or needs to be a new AuzInd6.

Alterations are:

Some Industries now have sound effects .. cows now mooo, sheep now baaaaa and some of the other Industries have sounds of machinery, factory whistle and a few other sounds.

Changed Farm Supplies to Wheat and Grain now represents other grain cops such as Barley, Oats, Corn and others.

Farms now accept Fuel and/or Chemicals. The Chemicals represent Liquid Fertilizer, insecticides, herbicides, and veterinary chemicals just to name a few.

A little bit more work to do it it before I place it here for you to try.

I intend to reduce the size of the Livestock Sales Yards so have room to add the Livestock Cargo Aware tiles from the AuzFreight sets.

Probably do the same to some farms that have the Livestock pens.

Keep you up to date as progress is made.

Cheers
Soot Happens
Screenshot Of The Month Winner March 2020
All my projects are GPLv2 License unless stated.
Auz Road Sets: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=87335
Auz Project Releases: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=84725
Auz Trains: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74193
Auz Industry Sets: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=74471
Auz Objects: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75657
Auz Bridges: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=75248
Auz Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=76390
Auz Tracks: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=82691
Auz Subway Stations: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=85335
Auz Eyecandy TramTracks: viewtopic.php?t=89908
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

I reading in a post called "64 cargo types, more inputs and outputs on industries" that they working on implementing 64 cargos to the game.

I hope soon to work on a Industry set to cater for the cargo increase.

Also in the pipeline to allow Industries to accept and produce more cargos.

Could add a few more Industries or with Industries producing and accepting more cargos might be able to reduce the number of industries.

Could make a Freight Centre, a Industrial Site and a Commercial Site .. these will allow acceptances and producing a large variety of cargos.

Some Cargos I like to introduce:

At present Grain and Wheat go to Flour Mills and creates FOOD .. like to change this so produce FLOUR. The Flour can go to Bakery and Shopping Centres to create the FOOD.

Separate the Livestock so there be Sheep, Cattle, Pigs and maybe Horses.

Remove Farm Supplies and introduce: Fertilizer, seeds and Stock Feed.

Add:

Bauxite, Bricks, Cement, Cereals, Copper, Dairy Produce (Cheese, processed Milk, butter and Ice creams), Diesel Fuel, Fertilizer, Flour, Glass, Lime, Material, Refined products, Sugarcane, Vehicles and Vehicle Parts, Water, Wood Products.

So I hope to start on a new Industry set to cater for the extra cargos. Be a month or so before I can start, but this give time for you to send me your ideas.

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Hi all,

Having a break from bridges for the moment while I ponder on some ideas for them.

So I mucking around with the Industry set trying some ideas.

Added a Post Box to the Village and some of the shop industries so they can produce MAIL.

Also a idea that Quast65 and I been looking at. What if some industries was only small with just a 1x1 tile, maybe 2x2 at most.

In this image can see the Old style Letter Boxes and a shed out on its own. That building on its own represents a Cargo airport terminal.
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (76.41 KiB) Viewed 5662 times
The idea is you then build your Industry to how you like using objects and or station tiles like I have roughly done with the airport.
screenshot#1.png
screenshot#1.png (16.97 KiB) Viewed 5662 times
If like to try here the file and let us know what you think of this idea and what other Industries might be nice to build yourself.

EDIT: forgot to mention the airport objects are from FakeAirportObjectsv0.1
Attachments
AuzInd6.rar
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 89 times
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Seems like no rejections about the build your own Industry.

So will try that idea with farms when get chance.

The farm at start might just be a farm house and a few buildings. You can add the livestock pens or crops from station tiles and/or Object sets as part of your transport network.

I think might look nice if we make a big field of cops such as wheat, sugar, vineyards or what ever crop that far handles and use our own trucks, boats or trains visited the fields to load an deliver where required.

I'll give this a new name so the original Industry will still be available for those who not interest to build there own.

Cheers
Soot Happens
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Yep go for it , great to see this idea , can I ask you to alter , amend some of your industrys , two comes to mind the Sugar Refinery , requires Man U supplies , could this be Cane Sugar . Butcher Milk bar , Should this not require Milk ? apart from a few little amends great industry set .Look forward to future updates .
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

piratescooby wrote:Yep go for it , great to see this idea , can I ask you to alter , amend some of your industrys
Will also make it ready for when 64 cargos become available so be able to add more cargos.

The Butcher and Milk Bar .. didn't realise I had no dairy stuff going to the Milk Bar. I can change the FISH to Liquid merchandise for now if like.

Later when we can start using 64 cargos: Milk it comes from the Dairy Farms to the Dairy or Creamery. So wonder if be able to add Processed Milk or Dairy Products to the Cargos to go to cafes and shops.

Sugar Refinery hope to add Sugar Cane to this. The sugar cane not only makes sugar, but also molasses and treacle so wonder if they can be come a cargo. Molasses is often supplies to farms to add to stock feed. Treacle is yummy on toast and crumpets.

keep the ideas coming.

At the moment I've called the new Industry Set "AuzBuildYourOwnIndustry" .. any suggestions for a better name let me know.

Time for me to start the buzz saw .. cheers
Soot Happens
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Just started a new game with Auzind 6 and noticed a few bugs straight away. There are 2 diffrent cargos called "grain". The agriculture farm (pigs) doesn't produce livestock, only fresh produce and grain (which "grain" i don't know!). Also the production on the Parcel offices seems a little high.

Looks good so far. Love the way towns are thier own little hub of industries. I have large gaps between towns so this will make for an interesting game.

Will let you know if i find any more.

Happy new year!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Thanks Diesel Power for finding those issues.

How the heck I not notice that when I test I got no idea. With all the projects I have going, I not get much chance to play a game properly as my time at computer each day is limited.

The 2 grains .. one suppose to be Wheat and the other represent Oats, Barley, Corn and other grains.

The Agriculture Farm, It was originally handling grain crops and fruits. I changed the graphics to the piggery and had forgotten to change the grain to Livestock. The Chemicals it accepts suppose to represent drums and bags fertilizers for the fruit trees, chemicals used to clean out the pig pens, and things like that.

I've reduced the Parcels Office by a 3rd see how that goes.

If you and any one else have idea on how to improve the set .. let me know.

When the new OpenTTD available official for 64 cargos, hope to make a Industry for that.

Like to eventually change the Industries I have in and near towns and call them Industrial and Commercial Estates where one can represent several Industries.

Here the update .. it should work with the game you have in process as not change any IDs, just the Cargo where Wheat was showing as Grain and the Agriculture now produces Livestock (pigs).

The game file is too large to load, so had to zip it up.

EDIT:

A idea I having .. First reduce the size of th Post Office to a single tile so more chance it be built in a town and also increase the number of the that can be built.

Removing the 4 Railway parcel Offices and just make 1 building and arrange so it will build in a town instead of miles from town. Main idea so towns will accept and produce parcels.

Whatcha think?

EDIT EDIT:

A better idea . remove the Post Office altogether as towns already produce and accept Mail. I'll transfer the Post Offices to the AuzTownObjects.

Still remove the 4 railway Stations and make some buildings that will build closer to town to produce and accept Parcels.

Hope to work on this idea during the week and se how it looks.
Attachments
AuzInd6-2019.rar
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 71 times
Soot Happens
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Thanks for the quick update!
I think 1 parcel office would be better. it was an easy way to grow a town. Just move parcels (with thier high production rate) in a circle between all offices. The towns were looking a bit cluttered.
Also could the farms be moved away from towns? It looks a little odd having a multiple farms inside a town once it's grown a bit. All the shops a offices are fine, just the large farms.

Another bug I've noticed: the fruit plantation doesn't produce any liquid merchandise and the production doesn't seem to be linked to town population as it says. I dont think it should be either. The parcel office however should be. Makes sense for a large town to send more parcels.

Having commercial and industrial estates is a great idea. I tend to have 1 truck loading hub in the middle when there are a few industries bunched together and what towns do in reality. Will also help to de-cutter the towns a bit.

Will test the updated version this evening and let you know my findings.

Thanks again!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

This be the last issue of AuzInd6 .. just made those changes mention and so can see if they work.

Next issue be a test version and call it AuzInd2019 .. it will be a test version until I get all how we like and also hope make it simple to change to 64 cargos later on.
Diesel Power wrote:I think 1 parcel office would be better. it was an easy way to grow a town.
I changed these so will build closer to town between 3 to 8 tiles away from centre. I will keep them as original graphics in AuzInd6, but in AuzInd2019 will have new graphics.
ParcelServiceA.png
ParcelServiceA.png (6.95 KiB) Viewed 5048 times
By changing their graphics it will suit all transports not just railway.
Probably call them Parcel Distribution Centre.
Also could the farms be moved away from towns?
Done .. they no longer are linked to a town .. did same to the Shearing Shed as well.

Shearing Sheds .. wonder if make them part of some farms or leave them stand alone. In Australia some farms have their own Shearing Shed and allow other farmers to use. So wonder if could make 2 Industries .. one be "Sheep Farm" (it will not have the shearing shed .. and the other "Sheep Farm with shearing Shed" It just an idea for now.
All the shops a offices are fine
These I see if can combine them a bit better .. Before the big Shopping Centres and Super markets was invented .. I remember when we went to town there be rows of shops and each shop selling a different product. So see if I can do something similar in AuzInd2019.

The Super market and shopping Centre I think one could be removed. But like to change the graphics to go with the car Parks I been making.
Another bug I've noticed: the fruit plantation doesn't produce any liquid merchandise and the production doesn't seem to be linked to town population as it says.
Fixed.
Having commercial and industrial estates is a great idea.
Hope all business that are only producing 1 cargo I can combine these with another one. So be 2 business rolled into one and produce 2 cargos.
Snow
See if I can start adding snow to the roof tops of buildings, but a big question .. crops guess those that are in snow zones the fields will be snow too? Don't imagine any crops growing in snow .. correct me if you know of any that will still grow.
Will test the updated version this evening and let you know my findings.
Really appreciate you testing these as I don't get time to test properly.
Thanks again!
Should be me thanking you .. cheers pal

Tomorrow I be train riding out into the country to get some photos from the train window of farms so to get some ideas.

Any way here AuzInd6 with those fixes.
Attachments
AuzInd6Jan2.rar
(1.63 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
Soot Happens
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Just a couple more quick ones before I test the latest version.

There needs to be an introduction date on the cargo airport. I currently have one in 1885. I don't think they were transporting Frieght by air back then! Somtime in the mid 1950s would be better.

Some of the industries look a bit wierd when placed on slopes (see screenshot).

Now, to test the lastest update....
Attachments
The Snow Shifters, 30th Apr 1884.png
(159.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Diesel Power wrote:There needs to be an introduction date on the cargo airport. I currently have one in 1885. I don't think they were transporting Frieght by air back then! Somtime in the mid 1950s would be better.
I haven't included the date available with that yet as that one is more of a Test idea.

Something Quast65 and I been looking at .. instead of the Industry starting out at full size, just a proportion of it be available, and players can expand the Industry using Station Tiles and Object Tiles.

That Airport Cargo tile matches a set of Object ones.

I like to do similar to other Industries, especially the farms .. just have the buildings associated with the farm, and players than build the livestock and crops to what size the like.
Diesel Power wrote:Some of the industries look a bit weird when placed on slopes (see screenshot).
Been having problem with that with farms ..

Many Farms in real do build on a slope, but some of the bigger buildings I made for some reason which I not figured out yet build on slope too. It has " land_shape_flags: bitmask(LSF_ONLY_ON_FLAT_LAND);" in the code to instruct it to build on Flat Land, but they sometimes still build on slope.

I must be missing something else in code .. see if I can figure it out over the weekend.

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Some of the industries look a bit weird when placed on slopes (see screenshot).
These are mainly farms.

The default farms in Transport Tycoon, FIRS and other Industry sets, you'd notice the farm tiles are all single and spaced a part so they look better on slopes.

But I added more tiles and joined some them in some of the farms and it is these that don't look good on slopes.

They need to be redesigned so they will look ok on slopes.
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Been working on AuzInd2019.

If find any more faults in AuzInd6 will repair them in this new set.

Alterations made so far in AuzInd2019 are:

Sheep Farm .. sheep yards removed and changed the graphic a bit.
Sheep Farm-4.png
Sheep Farm-4.png (18.72 KiB) Viewed 4671 times
Cattle Station .. Cattle Yards removed.
Mixed Farm .. Wheat crop removed.
Vineyard and Winery .. Grape Vines removed.

All the pieces that been removed from the above can be rebuilt using object sets.

Agriculture Farm .. The Piggery been removed and made a separate Industry and called "Piggery" that only produces Livestock (pigs).
Construction Supplier renamed Builders Yard .. and old Builder Yard has been removed.
Wool Storage and Courier Service Industries have been amalgamated.
Hardware Store been amalgamated with a Parcels Distribution Centre.
Other Industries-5.png
Other Industries-5.png (23.5 KiB) Viewed 4671 times
Got some private life things happening during the weekend so not sure if get much chance to do any of my projects.

Cheers all
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Been renovating some of the buildings in the farm sets.
Farms-1.png
Farms-1.png (508.04 KiB) Viewed 4526 times
Made a few homesteads and Barns.

Farms are l to r:

Top Row:
Agriculture Farm, Arable Farm, Dairy Farm
Bottom row:
Mixed Farm, Sheep Farm and Vineyard

Cheers all
Soot Happens
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

Looks great Garry! Love the rust on the roofs. Will these be part of the "build your own" industry set? Love this idea. I've always thought some of the industries looked a bit small. In reality some sites I've been to (oil refineries, steel mils, etc) for work are miles long from one end to the other. Now i can make them that size. I know ISR had some industry objects but the problem was that parts of some industries are randomly coloured, but the objects weren't so the never looked quite right.

Keep up the good work!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Build your own Industry is the project I working on.

For instance:

* Most farms will just have house, a barn or shed and one pen of what type of livestock type it will produce. (Be its breeding stock). You will need to add the silos, crops, more livestock and fences.

* If you look at some Industries such as Metal Works, Metal Fabrication, Cement Plant and others (which stole from FIRS 1.4.3). they have several buildings of the same. I hope to provide just minimum buildings and you add the rest.

I did some experimenting and I found that I can add the Industry objects to the Industry set so it be all one NewGRF file.

Hope to provide the files for testing her later today.

Cheers
Soot Happens
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Here is a sample of a build your own Industry.

The Agriculture Farm .. I change Cargo Produce to Grain (represents Corn, Oats, and Barley) and Sugar. (I first did this to test the objects, and I think I will leave the cargo as that.

Start of game you get this.
Agriculture Farm-1.png
Agriculture Farm-1.png (10.56 KiB) Viewed 4299 times
Just your home and a silo.
With the objects I've included in the Industry set and also the Auz Objects sets you can make the Industry Bigger.
Agriculture Farm-2.png
Agriculture Farm-2.png (32.63 KiB) Viewed 4299 times
All what you can see in image above are all included in the Industry Set.
Top Left - Sugar Cane
Top Right - Ploughed Field
Bottom Left - Corn
Bottom Right - Wheat (Barley or Oats)

The fence new fence design.

Buildings are: A Barn, Hay Shed, Chicken and a Duck Pen, Thunder Box (Toilet) and water tanks.

Also a tractor and Harvester.

A big problem this idea will have is that I have 88 Industries. Only allowed 255 Objects so not all Industries will be expandable.

Before I do any more work to this set, like to spend several days or so getting ideas together on what can be changed and what Industries that could be expandable.

If you like to try what I up to here the AuzInd2019 .. If you use and save the game .. no guarantee the next update to it will work properly in your saved game as expect lots of graphics changes will be made and some industries could be removed.
Attachments
AuzInd2019Jan06.rar
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 56 times
Soot Happens
Fairyfloss
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Fairyfloss »

Oooh! I quite like the 'Build your own Industry' idea. Though I have a question and a suggestion that may or may not be a bad one.

My question is about the Agriculture Farm you posted. I haven't had time to try it for myself yet, but are the two buildings separate or part of the same industry (as in, do you always get both the house and the silos)?

As for my suggestion, maybe to get around the object limit, you could take a sort of ECS-like approach? Instead of one grf with all industries, you could have one industry chain per grf (Agriculture, Metalworking, etc). This could allow for all industries to have plenty of objects and it allows for extra customization, but it might be too much work to add. Just throwing in my two cents!

In any case, I really like what I'm seeing so far!
GarryG
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GarryG »

Darthrafael wrote:Oooh! I quite like the 'Build your own Industry' idea. Though I have a question and a suggestion that may or may not be a bad one.
Thank you comments much appreciated.
Darthrafael wrote:My question is about the Agriculture Farm you posted. I haven't had time to try it for myself yet, but are the two buildings separate or part of the same industry (as in, do you always get both the house and the silos)?
At the moment both House and Silo will always build .. it randomly selects 3 different positions. They are also spaced apart to make sure when build a railway station or Truck Loading bay at least one of the buildings will be in range.
Darthrafael wrote:As for my suggestion, maybe to get around the object limit, you could take a sort of ECS-like approach? Instead of one grf with all industries, you could have one industry chain per grf (Agriculture, Metalworking, etc). This could allow for all industries to have plenty of objects and it allows for extra customization, but it might be too much work to add. Just throwing in my two cents!
You two cents accepted .. but not spend it just yet :D . That might be a good idea worth looking into. I'll keep working the way I am at moment with the farms to see what Objects I need to use, this will then give me idea if need to split the Industries.

There is a AuzFarmAndFenceObject set it has 92 objects .. maybe I could amalgamate this set into the Industry set and see how it goes.

Keep the idea coming .. all appreciated.

Cheers
Soot Happens

Return to “Graphics Development”