Japan Set Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Japan Set Development

Post by NekoMaster »

kamnet wrote:I just play with both. :)
How? The game doesnt let you load stuff with the same GRF ID's unless the really old versions of Japan Stations have a different GRF ID then the current v2 and v3 versions.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Version 2.0 is the last version with a different ID from the current ones. Everything from 2.0a onwards has the current ID, so you can combine 2.0 and 3.6 to get both styles.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

I hope it's not something on my side, but if it isn't, the bounding boxed here aren't properly set; or whatever else is causing these glitches:
bboxes.png
bboxes.png (20.75 KiB) Viewed 12131 times
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

Pyoro wrote:I hope it's not something on my side, but if it isn't, the bounding boxed here aren't properly set; or whatever else is causing these glitches:
bboxes.png

It's not just you - I've had this issue with Japan Stations for years now but keep forgetting to report it.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Pyoro wrote:I hope it's not something on my side, but if it isn't, the bounding boxed here aren't properly set; or whatever else is causing these glitches:
bboxes.png
If it wasn't for supermop's comment I'd say it's just you. I can't reproduce it on my end. What version of JapanSet Stations do you have?
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Erato wrote:
bboxes.png
If it wasn't for supermop's comment I'd say it's just you. I can't reproduce it on my end. What version of JapanSet Stations do you have?
Station says 360; everything's up to date according to Bananas. And I tried doing it in a vanilla game, fresh out of the box, and it happens there, too. However, only for non-electric, narrow gauge tracks, if that's something you haven't tried?

e: the main difference seems to be that for electrified tracks there's some flat bounding box drawn opposite the train station. No clue why that'd change anything, but ... ^^;
These aren't there for non-electrified tracks:
fencesorsomething.png
fencesorsomething.png (14.42 KiB) Viewed 12019 times
Now, I don't see why it'd make a difference so maybe it's just coincidence, but seems like the most obvious difference.
Erato
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Erato »

Pyoro wrote:
Erato wrote:
bboxes.png
Station says 360; everything's up to date according to Bananas. And I tried doing it in a vanilla game, fresh out of the box, and it happens there, too. However, only for non-electric, narrow gauge tracks, if that's something you haven't tried?

e: the main difference seems to be that for electrified tracks there's some flat bounding box drawn opposite the train station. No clue why that'd change anything, but ... ^^;
Ah yes, now I see. That is really weird. As for the bounding box opposite the train station; that's the catenary. But yeah that shouldn't happen
No pics no clicks. Seriously.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

The issue is that bounding boxes for the roofs are set two small - if you look at pyoro's image you can see that thes boxes are drawn to be only half a tile wide.
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

Does anyone know where I can download the old Japan Set Stations v2.0 GRF from? I'd like to use v2.0 and v3.0 together for the extra station buildings that v2.0 had. Version 2.0a does not work with v3.0 since they share GRF ID's
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
sjiveru
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sjiveru »

I've got a question about the Japan town set's settings. The house removal speed seems inordinately high - when I connect cities, they begin to shrink, and even with growth rates as high as every 37 days. A short bit of testing seems to show that this problem doesn't happen with the default town set (which grow as expected), so it seems like a Japan Set issue. Can anyone tell me what's up?
Cool Loser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cool Loser »

First things first: this set is AWESOME. I love the design and the huge variety of trains, each one with its comprehensive piece of technical and historic info. And I love how cities look! Different types of tracks with their speed limits, roads, bridges, terrain... Congrats, I'll play many games using this terrific set.

Now, I have a problem: I'm playing a sub-arctic map, so many cities need food in winter to grow, but none of them accepts it. No matter whether they are big or small, none of my stations, old or new, accepts food (even when I'm producing a lot of it). Any idea if this might have something to do with the set?

Edit: I've just noticed that the industry chain tab does NOT show any accepting industry for food. So, while mail and passengers show "houses" as accepting them, food only has a producing industry, not an accepting one.
sjiveru wrote: 09 Nov 2018 08:54 I've got a question about the Japan town set's settings. The house removal speed seems inordinately high - when I connect cities, they begin to shrink, and even with growth rates as high as every 37 days. A short bit of testing seems to show that this problem doesn't happen with the default town set (which grow as expected), so it seems like a Japan Set issue. Can anyone tell me what's up?
And here I am, proud that some of my cities were growing every 9 or even 3 days. So is this abnormal, even a bug? :oops: :cry:

What should be the highest grow rate allowed?
Unknown_kain
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Unknown_kain »

Is the japan set still in development or is it abandoned?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Unknown_kain wrote: 17 Apr 2020 15:31 Is the japan set still in development or is it abandoned?
Not abandoned, but at this time it is finished.
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Are the devs of this set still around? I've been playing with Quast65's station tutorial, making a few add-ons to combine with the Japanese Stations, and I wanted to ask if this is OK. As I understand, Japanese Stations is under GPLv2, but having read the license and been new at this, I have to admit I don't fully understand it and I'm not sure what I'm allowed to do or not, so I thought I'd ask here.

Is it ok for me to copy the graphics and modify them? And if it is, could I have a look at the code for the Japanese Stations to (try to) understand how it works?

Anyway, thanks.
DemianWSE
Gadg8eer
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gadg8eer »

DemianWSE wrote: 14 Oct 2020 17:26 Are the devs of this set still around? I've been playing with Quast65's station tutorial, making a few add-ons to combine with the Japanese Stations, and I wanted to ask if this is OK. As I understand, Japanese Stations is under GPLv2, but having read the license and been new at this, I have to admit I don't fully understand it and I'm not sure what I'm allowed to do or not, so I thought I'd ask here.

Is it ok for me to copy the graphics and modify them? And if it is, could I have a look at the code for the Japanese Stations to (try to) understand how it works?

Anyway, thanks.
It's fine to do whatever you want with the graphics and source, as long as you make it clear that your graphics are also GPL v2 and provide the source.
I have Asperger's, please be easy on me about stuff. My apologies if I've been a problem for you in the past.
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DemianWSE »

Gadg8eer wrote: 15 Oct 2020 03:42 It's fine to do whatever you want with the graphics and source, as long as you make it clear that your graphics are also GPL v2 and provide the source.
Thanks for the reply! I'll make sure to do that. Now I have to see if I'm up for the challenge of understanding the code, wish me luck :)
DemianWSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 862712131 »

The Set 3 is not compatible with FIRS3 or XIRS
I have japan set3 with trains
I build station with Hopper and brake van
it reads can load coal and bauxite
but when i order go to the station and load it's always loading 0%
plz fix this
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

862712131 wrote: 14 Dec 2020 14:33 The Set 3 is not compatible with FIRS3 or XIRS
I have japan set3 with trains
I build station with Hopper and brake van
it reads can load coal and bauxite
but when i order go to the station and load it's always loading 0%
plz fix this
Did you refit the vehicles to carry the cargo you want to load?
Engineer
Engineer

Post by 862712131 »

Tried and fixed thx!
Sagamiji_JPN
Engineer
Engineer

request

Post by Sagamiji_JPN »

Could you please make a NewGRF for the Sotetsu line?
[youtube]https://youtu.be/oljd-iCIU6c[/youtube]

Return to “Graphics Development”