Unpopular Opinions

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Unpopular Opinions

Post by YNM »

acs121 wrote:Hey, i live in France, and right now i'm in Stockholm. I know about the forest fires, but i'm enjoying the high temperatures and even bathing in the water in Solna. There's even other people like me bathing at the same place.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Oh, stop it, you. It's true those fires are really hard to live - i even managed to encounter a few near Lund. With 82 active fires like said Chrill, there's no way to stop it. And during this time, i'm bathing in Solna...
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

You bathing in Solna has nothing to do with the fact fires are happening in Sweden. Or does it? Did you start them?

My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Chrill wrote:You bathing in Solna has nothing to do with the fact fires are happening in Sweden. Or does it? Did you start them?

No, i didn't even do anything that could start a forest fire. Although that's what happens when you have an entire country which is a forest.
I did cook food, but that was in a house so yeah :wink:
rbos86
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by rbos86 »

An On-Topic one: SCS Software should remove the Genoa -bridge from the game...

EDIT: For Euro Truck Simulator 2, that is.
rbos86' Screenshots thread is here
rbos86' Unrealistic Dutch games -thread, on the other hand,is this button
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

rbos86 wrote:An On-Topic one: SCS Software should remove the Genoa -bridge from the game...

ETS2 was released in 2012, it seems odd to go back and remove it. They'd need to also add a different route in the map to side step it, it's a lot of effort. A lot of pre 2001 games still have the Twin Towers in some form, should they all go back and remove them too? Whilst the collapse of Ponte Morandi is of course a tragedy, it is a bit odd to expect people to go to the effort of removing and working out it in games.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Redirect Left wrote:
rbos86 wrote:An On-Topic one: SCS Software should remove the Genoa -bridge from the game...

ETS2 was released in 2012, it seems odd to go back and remove it. They'd need to also add a different route in the map to side step it, it's a lot of effort. A lot of pre 2001 games still have the Twin Towers in some form, should they all go back and remove them too? Whilst the collapse of Ponte Morandi is of course a tragedy, it is a bit odd to expect people to go to the effort of removing and working out it in games.
I quite like this idea actually. As ETS2 is still in active development, updating the map to reflect recent events would, I think, be a good move. If nothing else, it might raise awareness of things to a wider demographic.

EDIT: Also, the difficulty in changing the in-game map is comparably challenging to the local authorities re-routing affected road and rail traffic. If the real-life authorities have to do some work in the aftermath, why not a game that includes the area?
Last known as: Weirdy
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Redirect Left wrote:

ETS2 was released in 2012, it seems odd to go back and remove it.
Well, they closed off the CA route 1 in ATS after Big Sur landslide, even made a game event from it.

Would make a ton of sense for them to give it an acknowledgement, close the bridge, make an alternative route (or none - that'd be quite challenging if the expected delivery timing doesn't change), even make a delivery site and event for the rebuilding effort in-game. Then re-open it once it opens, with updated assets too (I bet they'll modify the design IRL).
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I've done some cleaning up here. This topic is for unpopular opinions but it specifically requests we avoid political discussions since this forum is not the right place for that. At least this topic isn't.
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Chrill wrote:I've done some cleaning up here. This topic is for unpopular opinions but it specifically requests we avoid political discussions since this forum is not the right place for that. At least this topic isn't.
You disgustin little coward
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Train<In>Vain wrote:
Chrill wrote:I've done some cleaning up here. This topic is for unpopular opinions but it specifically requests we avoid political discussions since this forum is not the right place for that. At least this topic isn't.
I honestly think flaming a moderator is not the thing to do.
I seriously thought you learned from the topic you opened less than a week before posting this.
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Train<In>Vain wrote:
The only disgusting behaviour I see here is that of your own.
It is clear you have some kind of personal problem with Chrill. If so, you should keep that to yourself and stop targeting him. That kind of behaviour is not condoned here on these forums against any member. Whether they be New, old, mods, or anyone.

I'll give you two weeks to be away. Go cool off, and come back when you can talk respectfully here. If you don't get along with someone, then just don't talk with them. Not everyone gets along all the time, that's fine.
If you return in 2 weeks when this temp ban expires and act like this again towards anyone, then it'll become a permanent thing immediately. Let that be a final warning. I don't really want to go down that route as you're a long standing member of over a decade like myself. But I and the rest of the team will if you cross the line again.

We'll leave it at that and say no more on the subject again. I think that is quite fair.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Thanks Geo.

I'll quote the first post of this topic:
Chrill wrote:Let us have a new thread. This is the perfect place for you to share an unpopular opinion, an opinion that does not go down well with others. Let's try to avoid the politics though (hurr durr Nazis), thanks.
It's always been there, deciding to clean this topic up was a fair thing to do. Resorting to moderator insults was not a fair thing to do, and it is in clear violation of rule 5F (which I once broke myself). That's simply an unacceptable thing to do.
My Scenarios:
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Nice unpopular opinion there ! :mrgreen:

And yes, I ask for your apology for my misconducts as well. It was not an appropriate thing to do in a forum full of (presumably) transport enthusiasts.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Chrill wrote:Resorting to moderator insults was not a fair thing to do, and it is in clear violation of rule 5F (which I once broke myself). That's simply an unacceptable thing to do.
My unpopular opinion is that it should not be possible to break rule 5F and then become moderator!

:P
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Redirect Left wrote:
Chrill wrote:Resorting to moderator insults was not a fair thing to do, and it is in clear violation of rule 5F (which I once broke myself). That's simply an unacceptable thing to do.
My unpopular opinion is that it should not be possible to break rule 5F and then become moderator!

I'd rather say it's not unpopular but while you could have a point Chrill still managed to be moderator so... :twisted:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Redirect Left wrote:

I'd say that's fair enough, however Owen surely had a lapse of judgement. I am plotting to take control of this forum and turn it into a forum entirely dedicated to Formula 1. 8)
My Scenarios:
NoMorePacers
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by NoMorePacers »

Chrill wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:

I'd say that's fair enough, however Owen surely had a lapse of judgement. I am plotting to take control of this forum and turn it into a forum entirely dedicated to Formula 1. 8)
I approve of that. Wholeheartedly.

In fact I approve so much that I am willing to do literally anything for that to become a possibility.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Chrill wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:

You cannot overthrow the SROTU.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Who am I and what is this place?

Return to “Off-Topic”