[NRT] RattRoads - 1.2.1 released 05-20-23!

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [NRT] RattRoads - 0.3.0 released 7-21-18!

Post by acs121 »

I do already have some sprites coded, such as for Philadelphia, Boston, etc.
I am completing as much sprites as i can for now.
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Note that the blue color is transparent in the game. Arranging your sprites in a format similar to this will greatly aid someone in coding them. Additionally using and having a palette applied to the files is a big help too. :)
Thank. Carefully draw, not in a hurry :)
ufiby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ufiby »

Hello!Do you mind if I draw 15 types of road and 12 trams including tunnel and station? I'll draw almost ready roads :)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

You can look at the license Andrew350 provided.
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

ufiby wrote:Hello!Do you mind if I draw 15 types of road and 12 trams including tunnel and station? I'll draw almost ready roads :)
I don't mind at all, can't wait to see your set :)
ucetcislo1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ucetcislo1 »

How to get this to work properly? This DB set crossing just disappears when the train is approaching (pic#1)... awwww

and the same happens when I download different crossings grf (pic#2)
Attachments
insta.gif (23.97 MiB) Viewed 8112 times
insta.gif (22.25 MiB) Viewed 8109 times
===>>> Visit my youtube OpenTTD channel for more:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm1Xut ... FzK5x4xuVA
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

My best guess is that because the DB set crossing sprites are not implemented via railtypes, but through simple sprite replacement, the road type overlay gets drawn on top of them. There's no way to fix that unfortunately, not until we get an updated version of the DB Set, which will happen...eventually ;)

In the meantime, you will have to use another trackset which supports railtypes in order to get custom crossings like that to work with NRT.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

If you like the DB Set-style crossings you can use Swedish Rails or Finescale Standard Gauge and 3rd rail.
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [NRT] RattRoads - 0.4.0 released 05-11-19!

Post by Andrew350 »

Hello all! In celebration of NRT's official inclusion in OpenTTD, today I've released RattRoads 0.4.0!

This update brings quite a few quality improvements to the set, including:

- New GUI icons
- City road sprites for all road types
- Improved oneway/closed road sprites
- Drive-in station road surface sprites for all road types
- Some graphical improvements to sett and basic asphalt roads
- Removal of base tile replacements (No longer requires OpenGFX in order to look correct)
- And more!

Download is available in the first post of this topic or on the online content, but remember this set is only compatible with OpenTTD-master-20190502 or later! This NewGRF will not work in 1.9.x, you MUST use a recent nightly!

=========
Known Issues
=========

- Tunnel sprites are broken for some roadtypes
This will be fixed once NML is updated; for now just ignore it!

==========
Future Additions
==========

Next on the agenda for RattRoads is to include climate-specific and possibly date-dependent sprites for roadtypes, complete with snow drifts in arctic and desert roads in tropic. There may also be more features depending on what, if anything, gets added to NRT in the future. Stay tuned!

Please let me know if anything is broken in this set, and if you encounter any trouble with OpenTTD make sure you report it on GitHub! Enjoy! :)
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Found a bug in the UI of RATT 0.4.0. The functions to build a road tile in SW to NE and SE to NW are inverted for (at least) dirt road (40 km/h), paved road (48 km/h) and basic asphalt roads (order of icons is inverted in comparision to icons for tramway contructions). In the screenshot one can see the activated icon and the icon at the cursor. The road will be built like the icon at the mouse cursor shows it.
ratt-0.4-bug-1.png
ratt-0.4-bug-1.png (12.33 KiB) Viewed 7646 times
Additionally I want to ask if you tend to implement roads where the towns will not be able to build houses on. I.e. for dirt roads, improved and modern asphalt roads and highway, maybe with parameters to (de)-activate it.

Tschö, Auge
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Auge wrote:Found a bug in the UI of RATT 0.4.0
Are you by chance using an older nightly of OpenTTD? This looks like a problem that was fixed a few days ago; try updating to the latest nightly and hopefully it should be fixed :)
Auge wrote:Additionally I want to ask if you tend to implement roads where the towns will not be able to build houses on. I.e. for dirt roads, improved and modern asphalt roads and highway, maybe with parameters to (de)-activate it.
Highways should already forbid house placement, as for the others I wan't planning on it but if that's something which is desired I can look into it :) However, in light of peter and neils' comments in the NRT thread I may have to reserve judgment on what to do with town roads until I see the final NewGRF specs. It appears a few things were added which could be interesting :)
Auge
Director
Director

Post by Auge »

Hello
Andrew350 wrote:
Auge wrote:Found a bug in the UI of RATT 0.4.0
Are you by chance using an older nightly of OpenTTD? This looks like a problem that was fixed a few days ago; try updating to the latest nightly and hopefully it should be fixed :)
You are right. I tested with the nightly of 2019-05-04 and in the compiled nightly (master 2019-05-11) the error is gone. Thank you for guiding me.
Andrew350 wrote:
Auge wrote:Additionally I want to ask if you tend to implement roads where the towns will not be able to build houses on.
Highways should already forbid house placement, as for the others I wan't planning on it but if that's something which is desired I can look into it :) However, in light of peter and neils' comments in the NRT thread I may have to reserve judgment on what to do with town roads …
I read it and I'm also waiting for the actualised documentation in the wiki.

Tschö, Auge
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Re: [NRT] RattRoads - 0.4.1 released 05-15-19!

Post by Andrew350 »

Hello,

I've released a minor update (0.4.1) which fixes a graphical error with the bridge overlays for dirt road and basic asphalt road. This fix is available both on Bananas and the first post of this topic. As always, please let me know if you encounter any more issues.

Thanks! :)
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Andrew350 wrote: 16 May 2019 04:26 ...
Thanks for all your hard work. I hope it's okay to include your graphics in the Recycled Infrastructure Set?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

Thank you very much for this road set. I'd just want to see the dirt roads in a lighter colour, because the brown eGRVTS horses have almost exactly the same brown colour as the road and become almost invisible.
Selection_074.png
Selection_074.png (66.53 KiB) Viewed 6672 times
Some 2-horse hopper wagons. There are brown horses, dark grey horses, and light grey horses. Can you see the brown horses?
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Hi leifbk, sorry for the delayed response. I was finally going to reply yesterday to say I would look into fixing that. Unfortunately my house was broken into and my computer was stolen (among other things), so all of my work is gone except for the material I've uploaded here or saved on a thumb drive, which is unfortunately only a small part of it all :(

Needless to say I don't think this is something I'll be able to look into for a while :(
leifbk
Chairman
Chairman

Post by leifbk »

How terrible! I feel really sorry for you. I wish you the best with your real-life matters, which of course are more important by far.

Kind regards, Leif.
Andrew350
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Andrew350 »

Thank you, once the 'real life' stuff gets taken care of and the dust settles I'll be back in the market for a computer, so eventually I may get back to this. For now though I need a new vehicle, so in the meantime anyone feel free to pick up where I've left off or use it for your own works :)
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

I would be glad to make RattRoads part of the Recycled Infrastructure Set, but I'm having an issue that nobody seems to notice... viewtopic.php?f=68&t=85901
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.

Return to “Graphics Development”