wallyweb's Bridge Set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

wallyweb's Bridge Set

Post by wallyweb »

wallyweb's Bridge Set
=================

A set of bridges that work fine in OpenTTD for 13 bridge IDs but are best used in JGR Patch Pack, v0.26.0 or newer so as to access unique menu icons and three extra bridge IDs for a total of 16.
W_B_Panel_1.png
W_B_Panel_1.png (20.21 KiB) Viewed 6766 times
Left Panel: OpenTTD default bridges - Center Panel: OpenTTD with wallyweb's Bridge Set - Right Panel: JGR's Patch Pack with wallyweb's Bridge Set

Description of Current Bridges:
#1 Wood Frame Bridge
#4 Hartland Covered Bridge
#12 Urban Transit Bridge
#16 Carbon Composite Bridge

Wallyweb's Bridge Set.tar
(142 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
There is a parallel discussion at Simuscape.

GRF Id: 57422004
-- The last digit in the GRF Id reflects the quantity of bridges completed and included in the set.
-- Previous GRFs will be archived for saved game maintenance purposes.

© 2018 wallyweb, all rights reserved

License: Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 3.0
-- The license may be viewed at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/

August 16, 2018
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: wallyweb's Bridge Set

Post by acs121 »

By chance, does it have ARRS surface ?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

acs121 wrote:By chance, does it have ARRS surface ?
Only if ARRS is done as a road type.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

So what surface does it have by default ?
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

acs121 wrote:So what surface does it have by default ?
It's own. Whatever I think is appropriate. The two wood bridges are typical ... a thin layer of tar or bitumen to protect the wood floor from the weather. The engineers wouldn't tell us what they used on the Carbon Composite bridge. We suspect they used graphene, a substance so new that my spell checker doesn't know about it yet.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Can I relicense these under GPLv2? I'm planning a Recycled Bridge Set. Sorry if this bothers you, I will make sure to credit every artist, and I understand if you say no.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 09:51 Can I relicense these under GPLv2?
No. GPL does not protect my artwork and does not protect attribution. It may well be that you will honor my intents, but anybody taking from your set would be free to do anything they want as if my work were their own.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

wallyweb wrote: 02 Nov 2019 10:42
SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 09:51 Can I relicense these under GPLv2?
No. GPL does not protect my artwork and does not protect attribution. It may well be that you will honor my intents, but anybody taking from your set would be free to do anything they want as if my work were their own.
Fair enough. Is it possible to use two or more different licenses towards the graphics in a NewGRF?
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 20:10 Fair enough. Is it possible to use two or more different licenses towards the graphics in a NewGRF?
I was thinking about that. That works for me if the information appears in the "Detailed NewGRF Information" panel of the NweGRF Settings GUI although I don't know if that's acceptable under the GNU.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

wallyweb wrote: 02 Nov 2019 20:40
SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 20:10 Fair enough. Is it possible to use two or more different licenses towards the graphics in a NewGRF?
I was thinking about that. That works for me if the information appears in the "Detailed NewGRF Information" panel of the NweGRF Settings GUI although I don't know if that's acceptable under the GNU.
If you can give me the NFO snippet needed to mark that your graphics are not GPL v2, I think I can make this work.
Licenses for my work...
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

SimYouLater wrote: 02 Nov 2019 22:02 If you can give me the NFO snippet needed to mark that your graphics are not GPL v2, I think I can make this work.

Code: Select all

//===========================================================================================
// Action 8 - Define GRF ID, Name and Description
//===========================================================================================
 "wallyweb's Bridges" 0D
 "© 2018 wallyweb, all rights reserved" 0D
 "License: Creative Commons BY-NC-ND 3.0" 00
The above code should be inserted into your Action8 block.

Return to “Graphics Releases”