[OTTD]Pyo's screens

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OTTD]Pyo's screens

Post by Pyoro »

I had this "what if I exchanged the 'neat empty ground tile' with one of the 'dirty, messier' ones?" moment, so of course I gave it a try.
aesthetics_88.png
(1.13 MiB) Not downloaded yet
It's actually not even that noticeable if you don't pick a scene like with with lots of flat land ... oh, and something messed up the water, but whatever, it was just a little test. ^^

Only real problem I see with this is the repetitiveness, so imo not a style to go for, unless somehow you can randomize multiple ground tiles ...
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

More.

Hiroshima has discovered the joy of agriculture; specifically wine.
aesthetics_89.png
(1.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Sakai, the idyllic village between snow-covered mountains, and its new forest.
aesthetics_90.png
(1.26 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Noda (and loops) with harbor, industrial area and also some wine. Unfortunately, the paper mill didn't fit the screenshot, tsk.
aesthetics_91.png
(1.06 MiB) Not downloaded yet
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Lovely screenshots. I like the way you showed the agricultural zone, the village in the snow-capped mountains and the town with the harbor :)) .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Yapp, I'm quite happy with those too :mrgreen:

Now onto an issue I'm sure everyone that plays a savegame for years has encountered:
aesthetics_92.png
(1.3 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Look at the fancy illustration showing how there's nice mountains but trees cover everything up! The landscape just looks boringly flat! Huge problem! So sad!

So I tried "contouring" the mountains to make them stand out even with trees everywhere:
aesthetics_93.png
(1.17 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I actually like how it turned out; kinda works. Unfortunately I fear I can't be bugged to click for hours just to make mountains properly visible. Guess they'll stay flat :roll:

Unrelated screenshot with more ... stuff. Trains. Industry. Farms. Motorways. A river. Another river. Heck, there's even a plane.
aesthetics_94.png
(1.03 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

More messing about.

Mountain with touristy castle and such. I think I've shown that area with less details before:
aesthetics_95.png
(1.18 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Anyway, same area, with winter spreading:
aesthetics_96.png
(1.23 MiB) Not downloaded yet
You can really tell that the transition doesn't work equally well for everything ^^;
(and yes, that's town walls with snow-support; very much WIP)

And in full winter mode:
aesthetics_97.png
(1.19 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Conclusion: variable snow-line is very nice, but alas, a pain if you care about every detail as you'll never get everything to look perfect. Works fine for some stuff, not so much for other things. :mrgreen:
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

So I thought - "new Marico version, so needs more harbors" ... then I kinda thought I'd do a simple one; just to offload fish from ships to trucks:
aesthetics_98.png
(842.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Looks so harmless, but went almost nuts building it :mrgreen: Basically, Marico-tracks seem to conform to the landscape for the harbor elements, so I could do the corners quite how I wanted; and I tried a dozen or so variations until I got something that I felt was OK ^^; mb's work as always is amazing, but that stuff is tough to build right I have to say (especially with long daylength on as razing coastal tiles of course temporarily doesn't flood them so you can't just build stuff again instantly ... )

Also, at some point in those last few days I must've updated my GRF list and not paid enough attention. Because clearly I was using an older FarmObjects version:
aesthetics_99.png
(1.08 MiB) Not downloaded yet
I mean, that's just overbuilding them with the others one, but still, gnaaaa ^^ There's a lot of farm tiles on the map ...

At least I can think up something special(tm) for screenshot 100 while I fix this. Maybe.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Have you ever thought about the Japanese-German Town Names GRF ? :D
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Pyoro wrote:Also, at some point in those last few days I must've updated my GRF list and not paid enough attention. Because clearly I was using an older FarmObjects version:
Seem like the tractor dealerships business is going very well! 8) Nice shots!
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Government decided to give the local economy a boost by employing a "one tile, one tractor" policy ;)

Anyway, here's the 100th screenshot-that's-actually-not-a-screenshot at all.
Well, frankly I wanted to see how that sort of thing worked for a while - it's a pain, so I'm not sure I'll do it again; but have some sped up, variously blurry footage of me building some new lines ;)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Kinda thought a line going down South along that coastal cliff would be nice ...
aesthetics_101.png
aesthetics_101.png (238.83 KiB) Viewed 5204 times
... I imagine it's some sort of old connection before anyone build the Shinkansen route.
aesthetics_102.png
aesthetics_102.png (267.73 KiB) Viewed 5204 times
So I connected it up North, but ... well, it really had nowhere to go in the South :mrgreen:
aesthetics_103.png
aesthetics_103.png (250.07 KiB) Viewed 5204 times
So I decided it's abandoned and partially demolished ^^;
(some destroyed bridge objects sort of things would have been nice :mrgreen: )
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Beautiful screenshots. I like the way you built the warehouses, the parking lots. The coastal area is well-equipped :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Well, you know, erosion is dangerous; better properly secure everything on those steep cliffs :mrgreen:

@ISA
Your work-in-progress Shinkansen-line? Yeah, I had this "wait a minute..." moment when posting that screenshot but couldn't decide whether I had inadvertently copied you or whether it's just coincidence. Seeing as I went through basically all objects I have loaded to find some stuff that'd make it look a bit like a construction site I went with "coincidence", since there really isn't much else I could have used, I think :mrgreen:

... it'd be nice if somebody would make a "in construction" object set. *hinthint*
Last edited by Pyoro on 03 Sep 2018 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

Pyoro wrote:... it'd be nice if somebody would make a "in construction" object set. *hinthint*
Probably would be easy to use existing drawing (tractors, cranes and so on) and place them to tile blue/empty sprite so You can place construction sprites where ever you want. If that would be technically possible as a new objects wouldn't be hard to make I think. easy me to say :P
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

The Useless Tracks GRF does a good job for this yet.

Return to “Screenshots”