JGR's Patch Pack

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: JGR's Patch Pack

Post by MagicBuzz »

JGR wrote: I had another go at fixing this.
If not I will make a binary when I am home this evening.
Halleluya now it works :)

On my way to test the patch :)
hehe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by hehe »

JGR wrote:
hehe wrote:running from the bin directory works so far but it can't be installed
I added a directory to the build and bundle for the included GRFs (programmable signals graphics, tile highlights, etc.), however I forgot to add the associated equivalent of mkdir to the make install target.
This will be fixed shortly.
Great, I am happy finding a minor bug :-)
MagicBuzz
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MagicBuzz »

After a few hours playing, I didn't noticed any problem with the time lock feature. It works as expected :)
experence
Engineer
Engineer

Post by experence »

i would like to do patch-rille installed in jgrpp and ratt ... i do not really know how to patch - installation
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

experence wrote:i would like to do patch-rille installed in jgrpp and ratt ... i do not really know how to patch - installation
Okay. I'd assume that by "i do not really know how to patch - installation" also means that you don't know how to do programming in C++. In that case, let me say this: Combining patch, especially patch as large as JGRPP and RATT is very hard and takes a lot of time even for an experienced programmer. The fact that RATT developer also said that they are going to re-implement things from scratch means that there are no incentive whatsoever, because the resulting work will be thrown out anyway.

The simple answer would be -- no, it's too hard without any real benefit. You are welcomed to learn C++ and do it for yourself though.
experence
Engineer
Engineer

Post by experence »

I wanted to download a version of Openttd road-and-tram-types with 255 grf support (I do not know how to make a patch, I tried the patch and it did not work .. I'm a beginner)
ino
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by ino »

experence wrote:I wanted to download a version of Openttd road-and-tram-types with 255 grf support (I do not know how to make a patch, I tried the patch and it did not work .. I'm a beginner)
Then you post in wrong thread then, as this thread only concern JGRPP.

The point still stand: it takes time and skills, and people aren't obliged to help you. The fact that you continue to post like this (also in the other thread) suggest that you don't understand this point.
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

JGR thanks for the fix! All running fine now
One little problem tough and I'm not sure its related Your patch pack.
After update I cant build waypoints in \ direction (see picture below). Other way around its all okay.
Attachments
Clipboard01.png
Clipboard01.png (273.04 KiB) Viewed 646 times
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

ISA wrote:JGR thanks for the fix! All running fine now
One little problem tough and I'm not sure its related Your patch pack.
After update I cant build waypoints in \ direction (see picture below). Other way around its all okay.
This seems to be a known issue https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull ... -141317975, I'll see about applying a fix soonish.

Edit: Fix applied
Last edited by JGR on 30 Jul 2018 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
p4nzer
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p4nzer »

Hey, found a visual glitch in 0.26.

Mismatch between the two columns in the timetable window. I'm using OpenGFX BigGui, if that matters.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Add setting to allow placing stations under bridges.
Outstanding, I've been waiting for this feature for 10 years :D

Unfortunately, with the new version I've been getting crashes when loading older savegames. This particularly happens with savegames made many versions ago; some crash instantly upon loading, others after a short while of running. All have functioned perfectly in the previous version. (Previous version was 0.25.2 Win x64, now running 0.26.0 Win x64)

Here is an example of one which worked perfectly before but now crashes instantly. If you need any missing GRFs just tell me and I will PM them.

Cheers,

Jake
Attachments
BlueRail Inc., 2126-04-14.sav
(4.25 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
crash.dmp.zip
(334.98 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Emperor Jake wrote:
This has been available in cirdan's New Map Features since 2016.

Question for JGR ... What are the differences between your implementation and that in NMF? Do you support both rail stations and road stations? Does the player have to be aware of a possibility of building a bridge through a station graphic or is this prevented?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

wallyweb wrote:This has been available in cirdan's New Map Features since 2016.
I know, but now it's in a version where I actually play proper games rather than just testing.

And there's nothing stopping you from building wacky constructions :P
Attachments
unknown.png
unknown.png (129.37 KiB) Viewed 3388 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Emperor Jake wrote:and there's nothing stopping you from building wacky constructions :P
:lol:

There's got to be a use for that. 8)
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Emperor Jake wrote: [bridges over stations]
And there's nothing stopping you from building wacky constructions
There is. When using NMF in connection with NewStations 0.7 (to be released).

NMF introduces a new property "bridge height" (prop 1B). It defines minimum clearances required for a bridge for each tile type of this station (or zero to not allow any bridge).

regards
Michael
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Settings to allow placing stations and all NewGRF objects under bridges. (added in v0.26.0).
Out of the box, stations are not bridgeable.
So I assumed that those settings must be default off.

I downloaded the Win32 build. I could not find these settings.
So I git cloned and compiled. I still could not find these settings.

Am I missing something here?

UPDATE: So I went into openttd.cfg and found the settings which I changed from false to true and I was able to build bridges over and through stations.
BUT
The settings still do not appear in the settings window.
randomallfront
Engineer
Engineer

Post by randomallfront »

Dear JGR, love your patch and been using it for a long time.'
Just upgraded from version 0.22 though and got in some trouble with changes made to town growth (for version 0.25 I think). Basically, any script that sets town growth to anything higher than ca. 900 ends up at 65535, I'm guessing its related to an integer overflow. I've used renewed town growth, but I think it happens with any GS that uses set_town_growth (I think thats what its called). Are you aware of this and is it intentional/fixable?
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

p4nzer wrote:Hey, found a visual glitch in 0.26.

Mismatch between the two columns in the timetable window. I'm using OpenGFX BigGui, if that matters.
Emperor Jake wrote:

Unfortunately, with the new version I've been getting crashes when loading older savegames. This particularly happens with savegames made many versions ago; some crash instantly upon loading, others after a short while of running. All have functioned perfectly in the previous version. (Previous version was 0.25.2 Win x64, now running 0.26.0 Win x64)

Here is an example of one which worked perfectly before but now crashes instantly. If you need any missing GRFs just tell me and I will PM them.

Cheers,

Jake
Thanks for letting me know about these, they are fixed and will be in the next release.
wallyweb wrote:Question for JGR ... What are the differences between your implementation and that in NMF? Do you support both rail stations and road stations? Does the player have to be aware of a possibility of building a bridge through a station graphic or is this prevented?
There is little to be implemented. It really is as simple as doing fewer checks for bridges/stations at construction time.
I haven't checked the NMF code but I can't imagine that it is hugely different.

I notice now though that it is possible to build bridges over airports, which seems a bit daft. That should be fixed shortly.
michael blunck wrote:There is. When using NMF in connection with NewStations 0.7 (to be released).

NMF introduces a new property "bridge height" (prop 1B). It defines minimum clearances required for a bridge for each tile type of this station (or zero to not allow any bridge).

regards
Michael
I can look into implementing something equivalent to this.
That said, the property doesn't appear to be in the spec. What is to stop there being a ID collision when trunk decides to add an unrelated station property, which would most likely also be numbered 1B?
I'm keen to avoid creating compatibility problems for myself in the future, especially when it comes to problematic areas like NewGRFs.
wallyweb wrote:
Settings to allow placing stations and all NewGRF objects under bridges. (added in v0.26.0).
Out of the box, stations are not bridgeable.
So I assumed that those settings must be default off.

I downloaded the Win32 build. I could not find these settings.
So I git cloned and compiled. I still could not find these settings.

Am I missing something here?

UPDATE: So I went into openttd.cfg and found the settings which I changed from false to true and I was able to build bridges over and through stations.
BUT
The settings still do not appear in the settings window.
It's in the limitations section: "Allow stations under bridges"
randomallfront wrote:Dear JGR, love your patch and been using it for a long time.'
Just upgraded from version 0.22 though and got in some trouble with changes made to town growth (for version 0.25 I think). Basically, any script that sets town growth to anything higher than ca. 900 ends up at 65535, I'm guessing its related to an integer overflow. I've used renewed town growth, but I think it happens with any GS that uses set_town_growth (I think thats what its called). Are you aware of this and is it intentional/fixable?
I'll take a look into this, thanks for the bug report.

Edit: It appears to be caused by the change in https://github.com/OpenTTD/OpenTTD/pull/6763
Note point 1 in the "So what it actually changes" section.
Probably this is something to raise with the GS developers, if you need town growth rates slower than 880 days per growth event.
Last edited by JGR on 30 Jul 2018 00:44, edited 1 time in total.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

JGR wrote:I notice now though that it is possible to build bridges over airports, which seems a bit daft. That should be fixed shortly..
Awww. That could have made for some interesting April 1 scenarios. :twisted:
wallyweb wrote:The settings still do not appear in the settings window.
It's in the limitations section: "Allow stations under bridges"
The screenshot tells all. As seen by the bridge on the right, the setting is functional.
Unnamed, Jan 1st, 1959.png
Unnamed, Jan 1st, 1959.png (81.44 KiB) Viewed 3278 times
32 bit Windows binary compiled on MinGW running on WindowsXP SP3.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

wallyweb wrote:The screenshot tells all. As seen by the bridge on the right, the setting is functional.
Unnamed, Jan 1st, 1959.png

32 bit Windows binary compiled on MinGW running on WindowsXP SP3.
You should change the category to "expert" to show all settings.

Edit: I've moved them to the advanced category now.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”