Openttd Progress?

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

ExtraFl00fyW00fles
Engineer
Engineer

Openttd Progress?

Post by ExtraFl00fyW00fles »

I was wondering if this is good progress for playing openttd for 2 years, and still a kid >.<
Attachments
Spaghetti.PNG
Spaghetti.PNG (488.55 KiB) Viewed 367 times
Spaghetti is bae
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Openttd Progress?

Post by Andrex »

I was so addicted to this game that I used to reach similar or more complex layouts in a just a few weeks... I even left the game running some nights to advance and earn more money for new infrastructure the following morning. (was that cheating?) :P
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

ExtraFl00fyW00fles wrote:I was wondering if this is good progress for playing openttd for 2 years, and still a kid >.<
Seems good, but you can try compacting it as much as possible (which would create spaghetti) or making it esthetic.
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Andrex wrote:I was so addicted to this game that I used to reach similar or more complex layouts in a just a few weeks... I even left the game running some nights to advance and earn more money for new infrastructure the following morning. (was that cheating?) :P
Walkaway play is not cheating.After all,if you leave a situation that you haven't managed properly,you can come back to a hopelessly bankrupt company.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Baldy's Boss wrote:
Andrex wrote:I was so addicted to this game that I used to reach similar or more complex layouts in a just a few weeks... I even left the game running some nights to advance and earn more money for new infrastructure the following morning. (was that cheating?) :P
Walkaway play is not cheating.After all,if you leave a situation that you haven't managed properly,you can come back to a hopelessly bankrupt company.
Yeah, like industry closure. That never happens with pax or mail, and it may even get better if towns create their own roads :wink:
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

well, the network could simply deadlock, and you go bankrupt from running costs while nothing earns any money anymore
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Or your equipment becoming obsolete and breaking down.
Eddi
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Eddi »

well, i'm assuming you only do this when you have all the vehicles already and no breakdowns.
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Frankly, if you're willing to do that sort of thing, I don't see why you wouldn't just cheat yourself the money. It's faster, more environmentally friendly ^^ and it's not like anyone will care either way in SP.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

When I see that screenshot my mind screams "SERVE ALL THE INDUSTRIES !!!!" :lol:

I personally don't utilize RoRo and flying junctions too often - in the old days I almost always do, but these days I aim for a "realistic" look, and it's very difficult to do without freeform in a limited space, so... yeah.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Baldy's Boss
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Baldy's Boss »

Eddi wrote:well, i'm assuming you only do this when you have all the vehicles already and no breakdowns.
I always have breakdowns on.And inflation.And never cheat.
Getting a network to where you can leave the game running overnight is a challenge.What really keeps me from doing it is I need to keep a save from every game year in order to maintain archives of the full financial history of every vehicle.

Return to “General OpenTTD”