2cc settings remove trains

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

bask185
Engineer
Engineer

2cc settings remove trains

Post by bask185 »

I have a question.

Yesterday I installed 2cc train content because I wanted a vt11 on my tacks but the problem I have, is that there are soooooo many trains it took me like 3 minutes to find it..... and than I had to find the correct wagons....I've been unsuccesful so far. I haven't looked yet but can you turn off/on trains in the settings or are there other ways to remove certain trains? I am not ever going to use all of them and there are soo many that I cannot find what I'm looking for.

I have btw no experience with messing around in the game files so I don't know where to look for what.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: 2cc settings remove trains

Post by Tony Pixel »

If You downloaded 2cc Trains in NML, there are parameters to off trains by region they are from. As example, you can off all the regions exept North America, so you will see only North American trains. Or You can simply hide some trains in purchase menu by clicking on them with "Ctrl" button pressed.
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Tony Pixel wrote:If You downloaded 2cc Trains in NML, there are parameters to off trains by region they are from. As example, you can off all the regions exept North America, so you will see only North American trains. Or You can simply hide some trains in purchase menu by clicking on them with "Ctrl" button pressed.
And there's also a button "Show hidden engines" if you want to see them while you didn't disable anything.
bask185
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bask185 »

ehm I have another question.

I have a vt11.5 now. I learned that the only wagons I can use are the multiple unit wagons. But they have 0 capacity. They can't carry a single passenger. I am using open TTD version 1.5.2.

How can I fix that??
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

bask185 wrote:ehm I have another question.

I have a vt11.5 now. I learned that the only wagons I can use are the multiple unit wagons. But they have 0 capacity. They can't carry a single passenger. I am using open TTD version 1.5.2.

How can I fix that??
The wagons refit automatically when they are attached to a MU. The 0 capacity is only when it isn't coupled with an MU.
Also, use 1.8.0, 1.5.2 is outdated, you know that ?
bask185
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bask185 »

I am not getting it. I purchase a vt11.5 (a DMU) than I buy the multiple unit wagons. I tried both and powered and unpowered. I modified the cargo type to passengers but I am still having 0 capacity
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

That shouldn't be happening, unfortunately I made a mistake during conversion, resulting in a 0 capacity for several vehicles. I'll try to fix it this weekend, but it might be a bit later.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

Transportman wrote:That shouldn't be happening, unfortunately I made a mistake during conversion, resulting in a 0 capacity for several vehicles. I'll try to fix it this weekend, but it might be a bit later.
Try this version, that should fix the issue. I will try to create a release next weekend, there seems to be an issue with passenger coach availability, resulting in a period without available coaches between the first and second generation.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
bask185
Engineer
Engineer

Post by bask185 »

Transportman wrote:
Transportman wrote:That shouldn't be happening, unfortunately I made a mistake during conversion, resulting in a 0 capacity for several vehicles. I'll try to fix it this weekend, but it might be a bit later.
Try this version, that should fix the issue. I will try to create a release next weekend, there seems to be an issue with passenger coach availability, resulting in a period without available coaches between the first and second generation.
Well thank you A LOT. I am unsure how to use it though. I put the .grf in the /baseset/opengfx set but I have really no clue
Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Transportman »

You should put it in the newgrf-folder instead of the baseset-folder.

Return to “General OpenTTD”