Transfer Passangers via Bus-Train-Bus

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Kincaid
Engineer
Engineer

Transfer Passangers via Bus-Train-Bus

Post by Kincaid »

Hey, after trying out Transports and being pretty disappointed I installed openTTD again and played a bit around with it. I found the option for cargo distribution and set it to symmetric for passengers. Until here everything worked as expected. I can build a couple of bus stops in a town and I get passengers who want to go from A to B, others from A to C and so on.

Now my problem: There are two towns, A and B. I built a bus line driving in a circle in both cities. I also have train stations near both cities but out of their range, they don't accept passengers by themselves. At last I built an extra bus line as a shuttle service from the train stations to their corresponding towns. So, in theory, passengers could take the Bus in town A, drive to the shuttle service, take the shuttle to the train, take the train to the train station of town B, shuttle to B and then the bus to their destination. But they don't. Can't passengers travel via stations that don't accept passengers by themselves? I mean, it's similar to transfer valuables from a train to a truck at a station that doesn't accept valuables.
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transfer Passangers via Bus-Train-Bus

Post by vrn »

CargoDist will normally take a while to adapt when new lines are added. Anyways, a savegame might be helpful.
Kincaid
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Transfer Passangers via Bus-Train-Bus

Post by Kincaid »

Yes, I know it takes some time for the passengers to recognize the route but I ran it for a couple of months and they there was just no one who wanted to travel from one town to the other.

You asked for a savegame but since I didn't save this attempt I quickly recreated it as exactly as I could and for some reason it works now. :shock: I really don't know what I did wrong before, I carefully doublechecked all the connections. All the busses and the train where driving their route. Strange.

Anyways, thanks for your help, somehow it solved my problem and answered my question. :D

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”