Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v7.1

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v7.1

Post by SimYouLater »

Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On

Licensed under GPL v2. Source Code can be found here!

Why Quicksilver?
The Quicksilver locomotive was made (with Pikkabird's permission) because Iron Horse does not and will not have an included streamlined steam engine, and was the original scope of this Add-On. We've since expanded the scope a bit.

Why Version 5.X so soon?
The versions between 1.0 and 1.7, plus the ones between 1.9 and 2.9 were for testing the coding, leaving a huge gap from unreleased versions that weren't quite up to the standard. This continued with skipped versions until we had 4.X available now.

Furthermore, I was too loose and fast with compiling. 4.3 is the first 4.X version that didn't have horrible glitches in the graphics, and subsequent lack of testing (feel free to complain) led to 5.4 being essentially a re-upload of 4.3... Hopefully it's fixed now!

What happened to the Combine Car?
It's meant to work with Iron Horse 2.X, and since the Combine Car was based on a North American Combine Car, I removed it from the Add-On.

Is Iron Horse 2.X out yet?
As of this writing, sort of. IH2 is a work in progress, but it's not mine to make progress on.

EDIT: Newest version has stats better balanced against Iron Horse.

Thanks to...

Pikkabird (For using his graphics)
Gwyd (For helping to code the graphics and handling the graphics alignments)
acs121 (For upcoming engines)

Download
IH_AddonSet.grf
v7.1 NewGRF
(18.07 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Also available on BaNaNaS.
Attachments
Image Preview
Image Preview
Roster.png (5.03 KiB) Viewed 9325 times
Last edited by SimYouLater on 20 May 2019 19:36, edited 40 times in total.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v3.1 [Now balanced with Iron Horse!]

Post by SimYouLater »

Source updated!
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v3.2 [Now balanced with Iron Horse!]

Post by SimYouLater »

I corrected the graphical glitches seen in the following images for 3.2 of Quicksilver.
Attachments
GLoW - Gaslamp Logistics Works, 07_28_1946.png
GLoW - Gaslamp Logistics Works, 07_28_1946.png (9.6 KiB) Viewed 9913 times
GLoW - Gaslamp Logistics Works, 07_30_1946.png
GLoW - Gaslamp Logistics Works, 07_30_1946.png (9.77 KiB) Viewed 9913 times
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v3.7 [Now includes Combined Coach!]

Post by SimYouLater »

I really need to double-check compiled NewGRFs. 3.7 should be the latest now, I don't recommend using earlier versions because I uploaded in a rush and didn't realize it hadn't compiled.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v4.3 [Now includes more locomotives!]

Post by SimYouLater »

v4.3 is now available. BaNaNaS upload incoming!
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v4.8 [Now includes more locomotives!]

Post by SimYouLater »

v4.8 has been uploaded. Huge jump for a tiny sprite alignment because I'm an idiot who can't keep track of his code.

EDIT: 5.1, because I'm still getting the hang of sprite alignments

EDIT 2: 5.4, because I am very confused by the sprite alignment tool. I reverted to the 4.X sprite alignments and gave up.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v5.5 [Now includes more locomotives!]

Post by SimYouLater »

5.5 has been uploaded, with minor sprite adjustments. Fortunately, this time I tested it!

EDIT: Minor sprite correction, though I'm sure of the sprite alignments this time.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v5.7 [Now includes more locomotives!]

Post by SimYouLater »

Updated to 5.7, should be the last change for now.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v5.8

Post by SimYouLater »

Sprite edit to correct minor detail. Next version to be uploaded WILL change the prices of the locomotives, no more tiny changes here.
Licenses for my work...
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: Iron Horse "Quicksilver" Add-On: v6.0

Post by SimYouLater »

Updated to 6.0, dummies out several locomotives still in Iron Horse 1.9.x (the latest as of this writing) which will return when Iron Horse 2.0 is released. The dummied-out locos also had stat changes to more closely match their IH 1.9.x counterparts.
Licenses for my work...

Return to “Graphics Releases”