[OTTD] WAS - World Airliners Set - v0.1 (24/09/12)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

kamnet

Re: [OTTD] WAS - World Airliners Set - v0.1 (24/09/12)

Post by kamnet »

Maddog45353 wrote:Ok i know how to fix them now.

Fix attempt abandoned grfcodec throwing errors about white from moving sprites in the .png files around a few pixels.
Don't adjust the sprites. Change the code to properly list the x,y coordinates and size.
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

kamnet wrote:
Maddog45353 wrote:Ok i know how to fix them now.

Fix attempt abandoned grfcodec throwing errors about white from moving sprites in the .png files around a few pixels.
Don't adjust the sprites. Change the code to properly list the x,y coordinates and size.

Well it did that with a sprite from the Bombardier CRJ-100 by adjusting the code x and y coordinates and size still gave me that error.

Side note what is the best paint program for sprites cause i can't seem to edit them then recompile them for some reason.
LoneBlackWolf
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Maddog45353 wrote:Well it did that with a sprite from the Bombardier CRJ-100 by adjusting the code x and y coordinates and size still gave me that error.

Did you compile and test to confirm that the sprite was displaying correctly? If it is not, then you don't have the correct sprite alignment in your code. If it does display correctly, then I'm going to guess it is because the sprite is using pure white pixels (255,255,255), in which case you can ignore the warning.
Maddog45353 wrote:Side note what is the best paint program for sprites cause i can't seem to edit them then recompile them for some reason.
Photoshop or GIMP makes it pretty easy to properly preserve the color palette.
Maddog45353
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Maddog45353 »

Any other planes have sprite problems?
EDIT:Ignoring the error for white sprites fixed it and does work.
LoneBlackWolf
RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvP93 »

Maddog45353 wrote:Any other planes have sprite problems?
EDIT:Ignoring the error for white sprites fixed it and does work.
Forgot to report it. But I've fixed it a couple of months ago.
Never mind.... found another white line on the DC8-50, busy as I speak :)
*edit, it was the DC8-10
Image Image
Sergiusz
Engineer
Engineer

nikt nie czyta tytułu.

Post by Sergiusz »

Hi, I'm a fan of the WAS aircraft set and I have some questions ...
I visited your WAS forum and there are many ready graphics of planes, will you make GRF? If yes then when?
secondly, I will help ... "help" ... it may be too big a word, I just want to do a graphic, see how it's done and whether I'm capable of it. I did my first artwork in Paint (oh, I know that this program is not good for her), A320-200 Small Planet Airlines.
I made only the two simplest images.
EVEN if you "aren't making charters"
just... tell me what you think about it :mrgreen:
if they are good, i will make more, but i would need a special program for it...

if you want to know "What the heck is the Small Planet Airlines?!", Small Planet Airlines is Lithuanian Charter Airline. It is flying from Lithuania, (mostly) Poland, Germany, France and Great Britan to holidays resort above Mediterranean Sea, Bulgaria, Spain and Egypt. If you would live in Poland and you would flew for holidays with charter, you mostly would flew by Small Planet.

if this text is "grammatically incorrect"
you must know, i'm not as good on English as someone from England or USA, becauose English isn't my first language, and i'm learnig it now.
so... sorry for that.

i hope someone will read it.
-Sergiusz

EDIT: i made some new Graphics, in different location.
i know, it wouldn't be used in set, it is only "concept" of this what i can make.
Attachments
small planet.png
yep. its paint...
(149.79 KiB) Not downloaded yet
small planet.png
(130.8 KiB) Not downloaded yet
RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvP93 »

Hi All,

Been a while since I've posted something!
Wanted to share a preview of the A350-900 I'm working on. Please let me know your thoughts :)
Image Image
Igor_Lucas
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Igor_Lucas »

RvP93 wrote:Hi All,

Wanted to share a preview of the A350-900 I'm working on. Please let me know your thoughts :)

release it pleaseeeee, it's amazing!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
farsight87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by farsight87 »

Igor_Lucas wrote:
RvP93 wrote:Hi All,

release it pleaseeeee, it's amazing!!!!! Image Image Image Image
Any versions of this set work with FIRS?

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Yes.

Just download the GRF: WAS (World Airliner Set)
farsight87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by farsight87 »

mak wrote:Yes.

Just download the GRF: WAS (World Airliner Set)
What am I doing wrong?
openttdwasfirs.png
(707.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

Genford Transport, 1991-01-06.png
(388.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
You need an airport and 'buy' an aircraft in the hanger.
farsight87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by farsight87 »

mak wrote:You need an airport and 'buy' an aircraft in the hanger.
Thanks mak.

You may not be able to see it, but the airport button is greyed out. It will not let me build an airport, as there are no available aircraft for some reason.

Also, its a hangar, not a hanger.

After this, I found the nightly version of WAS 7041 and installed it manually.
http://bundles.openttdcoop.org/worldair ... sh/LATEST/

This version seems to work with FIRS 3, but not all cargoes are available to refit.

Also, I noticed this lacks quite a lot of early aircraft that are present in the AV8 set, like zeppelins and Handley Page, Fokkers and others from 1920's to 1950's.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

The airport is greyed because aircraft are, as with vehicles, trains etc. only available after certain dates..

This GRF as with many others only supply specific types of 'loads'.

It is a matter of experimenting with the GRF's that work for you and your scenarios.
Thanks
farsight87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by farsight87 »

mak wrote:The airport is greyed because aircraft are, as with vehicles, trains etc. only available after certain dates..

This GRF as with many others only supply specific types of 'loads'.

It is a matter of experimenting with the GRF's that work for you and your scenarios.
Thanks
Thanks again for the reply mak.

You are correct, it turns out the date was the initial issue all along. Apparently the first aircraft in the WAS v0.1 set is 1967? Very strange.

At least the WAS v7041 set has some aircraft from 1943 onwards though.

Im still a little frustrated because I really like the work put into all of the airline liveries for the later aircraft in this WAS set and I prefer it over the AV8 set in the late game.
But the lack of aircraft altogether until 1943 is frustrating and the AV8 set is much better in this regard.
:evil: :x
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

farsight87 wrote: Im still a little frustrated because I really like the work put into all of the airline liveries for the later aircraft in this WAS set and I prefer it over the AV8 set in the late game.
But the lack of aircraft altogether until 1943 is frustrating and the AV8 set is much better in this regard.
AV8 was meant to be a small but complete set of airplanes designed for competitive game play, and is no longer being developed.

WAS is meant to replicate real-world liveries of popular airline operators. It is not designed for competitive gameplay, and it is still under development, as contributors work on the aircraft they want to see added to the game.
RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvP93 »

kamnet wrote:
farsight87 wrote: Im still a little frustrated because I really like the work put into all of the airline liveries for the later aircraft in this WAS set and I prefer it over the AV8 set in the late game.
AV8 was meant to be a small but complete set of airplanes designed for competitive game play, and is no longer being developed.

WAS is meant to replicate real-world liveries of popular airline operators. It is not designed for competitive gameplay, and it is still under development, as contributors work on the aircraft they want to see added to the game.
Hi,

Indeed first aircraft is in 1943. I know we lack aircraft's in the earlier stage, but just like anything else at lot of work to do ;).
We indeed replicate real-world liveries, so feel free to contribute!
Igor_Lucas wrote: release it pleaseeeee, it's amazing!!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Will do my utmost, but can't promise anything on the release date....
Image Image
farsight87
Engineer
Engineer

Post by farsight87 »

RvP93 wrote:
kamnet wrote:

Hi,

Indeed first aircraft is in 1943. I know we lack aircraft's in the earlier stage, but just like anything else at lot of work to do ;).
We indeed replicate real-world liveries, so feel free to contribute!
Igor_Lucas wrote: release it pleaseeeee, it's amazing!!!!! Image Image Image Image
Will do my utmost, but can't promise anything on the release date....
Hi RvP93,

Again, thanks for the great work you and others have put into the WAS set. Loving it.

Is there a chance you could upload the r7041 release to bananas? Or do you mind if I upload it there in your stead?

I'm hosting a dedicated server that uses the set and it would be much easier for clients to download it from bananas than find it on their own.

However, I completely understand if you do not wish to do this, at this stage.

Thanks again.

https://servers.openttd.org/en/server/126371

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Martinsen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Martinsen »

Hi all, I am new here so sorry in advance if this is not the right place to ask. I have recent started to use this WAS mod 0.1v0.1 for openTTD 1.9.1 but after playing for some day I was wondering if its possible for me to change some of time or date of when a plane gets removed from the list of planes I can buy especially like the the "Boeing 747-200" there enters the game in 1971 and is gone again before the end of 1973 and the "mcdonnell douglas dc-10-30" entering in 1973 and gone in 1975 again, I would really like the change those dates to extend the time they are available to buy.

Also some times they planes are not showing up at all in the game, any know why that can happen?
RvP93
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvP93 »

Hi Martinsen,

Strange because the 747-200 is coded till 1990 and the DC10-30 is coded till 1988.

I've setted my TTD with the advanced setting "Vehicles never expire" So I can keep track of the airplanes my self.
An obviously I can check for bug no matter the year.

Cheers!
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”