The Thread Of Randomness

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Transportman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The Thread Of Randomness

Post by Transportman »

Probably afraid of bad PR ("we don't support our students if they have/want to go to some expensive event").

The problem with helping is, that now they help your son, but then the next parent comes around, who also claims help, and so on and so on. Of course, this is the complete opposite and also not helping, but it also depends on how you posted it.
Coder of the Dutch Trackset | Development support for the Dutch Trainset | Coder of the 2cc TrainsInNML
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

How's Dave Worley been doing? I haven't seen the bugger in years! He might have a different name now. I didn't keep up. :p

Edit: By the way, let's not make it all about him. How are all you guys doing?! :D
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Mr. X wrote:How's Dave Worley been doing? I haven't seen the bugger in years! He might have a different name now. I didn't keep up. :p

Edit: By the way, let's not make it all about him. How are all you guys doing?! :D
Well now, this name I haven't seen in pretty much a year or so. Right?

We're doing fine, forums are slower than these days but there's still some OTTD development brewing and things happening around here.

Dave is frequently kicking a ball around on various fields, the dear boy.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Well, a slow forum is part of the times as they are a changing. But glad to hear this one is still unstoppable! :D
And it seems I can update my copy of OTTD as well then. Good news!

Also good to know you guys are doing great. ;) Keep on kicking Dave! :p
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

I might end up losing my job because the facility has terrible air quality and I can't work with my asthma, even with a mask. Time to go job hunting again... I don't want to lose it, I really enjoy it.
I'm not normal. Because normal is stupid. And stupid is normal.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Nathanxbox20 wrote:I might end up losing my job because the facility has terrible air quality and I can't work with my asthma, even with a mask. Time to go job hunting again... I don't want to lose it, I really enjoy it.
Maybe an obvious question, but would it be possible to find something similar but with better air quality? Or is it some kind of a more exclusive job?
Anyway, good luck! Hope you find something else soon!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

So for the first time in my adult life, I got very intoxicated last weekend.
I was in Wembley to watch a Counter Strike competition, although after day 1 (of 2), we ended up in Soho instead of doing the sensible thing of going to bed ready for the morning after.

In the space of 4 hours, it went from Wembley to hugely drunk in Soho. At 4am we headed back to his and to bed, and regretted it when after 3 hours sleep we needed to be back at Leatherhead station to go back to Wembley for day 2.

I've been told i did a lot of dodgy singing and dancing in varying gay clubs. Probably because where I live in yorkshire, everyone knows each other so i feel too shy to do anything too bad, whereas in London I just went all out. Somehow beetween me and my friend, we spent £220 in Soho, over 7 hours, not including the Uber back to Leatherhead...

Fun and interesting experience, but hugely expensive. I'll be back in London & Wembley for another CSGO tournament in September, i'm trying to decide if i want go all out again, or be more respectful of my liver and wallet...
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

It's good to liven it up sometimes. £220 sounds steep for two, but the occasional drunken foray is nothing bad as long as you are still able to behave yourself if something were to happen! :)
My Scenarios:
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

I think a lot of the £220 (€250) was one of the waiters constantly walking past with jägerbombs and offering tequila shots (which are... interesting on the mouth as it turns out), it also didn't help the waiter in the gay bar was rather attractive so i bought more to have a reason to talk to him and his lovely eastern europe accent, at a guess Romanian or Serbian. Friend I was with was a bit displeased I kept chatting to waiter and not him, but eh, he had a boring London accent soooo.... I also managed to barter a jägerbombs down to half price once, after we'd bought like five beforehand. So that's something :p

It was a fun night, but not something I can repeat often for financial reasons, which is a huge shame as it's a bundle f fun in Soho, plus nearby Chinatown has lots of amazing food!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Mr. X wrote:How's Dave Worley been doing? I haven't seen the bugger in years! He might have a different name now. I didn't keep up. :p

WAIT A MINUTE!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Drury
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Drury »

Sometimes even the wildest dreams come true
Attachments
7ylm2axv0v811.png
7ylm2axv0v811.png (120.35 KiB) Viewed 4820 times

Only dumb people quote themselves, and only the truest retards put such quotes in their forum signatures
-Drury
Nathanxbox20
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Nathanxbox20 »

I'm annoyed with OnePlus. I ordered a OnePlus 6 and accessories for it a few hours ago, after which, I noticed the billing and shipping addresses were wrong. I am sure I double checked them before I placed the order, but the form seems to have changed the state for the addresses.

I have been in touch with OP customer support, and they told me I could either wait for a tracking number to be made for my order and contact the courier, something I don't have time to do, or cancel and place my order again. Doing the latter will tie up another $600+ while the refund is processed. The customer service rep (and their supervisor) told me that they couldn't change the address or have the courier hold the order and contact me to get the correct address.

Now my bank is upset and probably thinks my card is stolen, because I tried to make another identical order after canceling the last one.

Ugh.
I'm not normal. Because normal is stupid. And stupid is normal.
Life has no respawns.
A Locomotion, BeamNG.drive, and OpenTTD enthusiast and amateur photographer. Also getting into model railroading.
dol422
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dol422 »

Well, it took 3 or 4 months, but I finally got through 746 pages of random.
Take a look at: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=74993
Why do it tomorrow when you can do it today
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

dol422 wrote:Well, it took 3 or 4 months, but I finally got through 746 pages of random.
o__o Pure madness.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Lunar eclipse !
Attachments
IMG_2400.JPG
(1.61 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_2385.JPG
(6.48 MiB) Not downloaded yet
IMG_2383.JPG
(6.87 MiB) Not downloaded yet
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Will Will Smith smith? Yes, Will Smith will smith.
My Scenarios:
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I'm getting married on Saturday, yay for me. Ahead of that, today I'm going to buy some alcohol. About 17000 Swedish kronor worth of it. That's close to £1500, or just north of €1600. Oh boy, weddings are expensive.
My Scenarios:
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Chrill wrote:I'm getting married on Saturday, yay for me. Ahead of that, today I'm going to buy some alcohol. About 17000 Swedish kronor worth of it. That's close to £1500, or just north of €1600. Oh boy, weddings are expensive.
I was almost at the end of my overdraft thanks to ~£4,000 of spending on wedding stuff last month... Now it's all over! Pay day means I've got £133 in the black this morning, though that won't last long.
Last known as: Weirdy
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Well, congratulations you two; and of course also to those lucky enough to get to drink all the alcohol ;)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Chrill wrote:I'm getting married on Saturday, yay for me. Ahead of that, today I'm going to buy some alcohol. About 17000 Swedish kronor worth of it. That's close to £1500, or just north of €1600. Oh boy, weddings are expensive.
Outstanding. Love and best wishes to you both. You’ll get drunker salutations on FB if you announce it there, natch.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Off-Topic”