[OTTD] The Vactrain Set

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [OTTD] The Vactrain Set

Post by SimYouLater »

The maglev replacement has alignment issues in OpenGFX Mars.
Baker & Co., 01_01_2100.png
(165.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

SimYouLater wrote:The maglev replacement has alignment issues in OpenGFX Mars.

Sprite alignement exists in OpenTTD :]
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:

I know, but it really should be fixed on the coding end. It just seems... cleaner.
Licenses for my work...
You automatically have my permission to re-license graphics or code by me if needed for use in any project that is not GPL v2, on the condition that if you release any derivatives of my graphics they're automatically considered as ALSO GPL v2 (code may remain unreleased, but please do provide it) and carry this provision in GPL v2 uses.
Please ask someone in-the-know to be sure that the graphics are done by me. Especially TTD-Scale, long story.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

SimYouLater wrote:
acs121 wrote:

I know, but it really should be fixed on the coding end. It just seems... cleaner.
Still, if you don't like it, sprite alignment is a short-term and individual solution to things like this.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
acs121 wrote:
Still, if you don't like it, sprite alignment is a short-term and individual solution to things like this.
Thanks, I'll remember that!
Licenses for my work...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

SimYouLater wrote:
acs121 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
Was this ironic, by chance ? :?
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:
acs121 wrote:
Was this ironic, by chance ? :?
No, it was sincere. I thought you meant "realign the sprites yourself and give input to fix it", not "the problem can be fixed on your end".
Licenses for my work...
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

This seems to be an issue with the Mars tile sprites sticking over the edges, nothing I can do about that. :wink:

I tested it and it happens with other custom railtypes as well, so it's not limited to this set.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Is it possible to get the source code of the original Vactrains? Thanks in advance.
Licenses for my work...
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Use GRFWizard on Andrex's website. It will allow you to have nfo code and sprites.
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

acs121 wrote:Use GRFWizard on Andrex's website. It will allow you to have nfo code and sprites.
You can't just do that. Licenses. I'm also going to ask if I can re-license the Shinku-Eki 40000 in GPL v2 (it's in GPL v3 and there's an issue between them).
Licenses for my work...
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

SimYouLater wrote:Is it possible to get the source code of the original Vactrains? Thanks in advance.
There is a devzone repository which I haven't updated or really used at all, so I'm not sure if it's complete. Also the old code no longer compiles due to changes in the NML spec, and most of the sprites are PCX. If you want I could upload the old code which I still have.
acs121 wrote:Use GRFWizard on Andrex's website. It will allow you to have nfo code and sprites.
That's not really a solution as the original was written in NML. That said, the set is GPL licensed and therefore the sources should be available anyway.
SimYouLater wrote:I'm also going to ask if I can re-license the Shinku-Eki 40000 in GPL v2 (it's in GPL v3 and there's an issue between them).
Yes, go ahead - I had them all as GPL3 originally but re-licensed them and I must have missed that one :wink: By the way, may I ask what you have planned?
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Emperor Jake wrote:
That's not really a solution as the original was written in NML. That said, the set is GPL licensed and therefore the sources should be available anyway.
Yes. The only problem is that GRFWizard can only decode nfo-coded NewGRFs, though it could decode Iron Horse 1 even though it was coded in NML (i decoded it to have sprites).
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Emperor Jake wrote:
SimYouLater wrote:Is it possible to get the source code of the original Vactrains? Thanks in advance.
There is a devzone repository which I haven't updated or really used at all, so I'm not sure if it's complete. Also the old code no longer compiles due to changes in the NML spec, and most of the sprites are PCX. If you want I could upload the old code which I still have.
SimYouLater wrote:I'm also going to ask if I can re-license the Shinku-Eki 40000 in GPL v2 (it's in GPL v3 and there's an issue between them).
Yes, go ahead - I had them all as GPL3 originally but re-licensed them and I must have missed that one :wink: By the way, may I ask what you have planned?
Yeah, access to the source would be great!

Planning to add a futuristic subway to Quicksilver, called the Pneumatic Tube, which has a very high speed. Fortunately the metro track set has no speed limits.
Licenses for my work...
luigge
Engineer
Engineer

Post by luigge »

Hello, is there any way to make this vaccum tube set to the 32bpp graphics? (Zbaze, Abaze)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

If you mean 256 million colors graphics, you could do them easily if wanted. If you mean Extrazoom, no. And i don't see in what it would be this useful, you can just use normal 1x zoom graphics such as OpenGFX.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

luigge wrote:Hello, is there any way to make this vaccum tube set to the 32bpp graphics? (Zbaze, Abaze)
Sure, if you're willing to break out blender and render the graphics. Adding said graphics to the code is the easy part.
Cryolaser
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Cryolaser »

Given the release of FRIMS with trains capable of going faster than 750kmh, would you be willing and able to raise or remove the limit on the compatibility maglev track replacement in the Vactrain Set?
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Cryolaser wrote:Given the release of FRIMS with trains capable of going faster than 750kmh, would you be willing and able to raise or remove the limit on the compatibility maglev track replacement in the Vactrain Set?
The 750km/h limit was put there to try and prevent abuse of the vactrain-maglev compatibility by being able to run vactrains from older versions of the set at vactrain speeds on the much cheaper maglev track. However when I get around to updating this set, I'll include a parameter :)
SimYouLater
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by SimYouLater »

Would it be okay to request a parameter to make VacTrains compatible with Underground Metro tracks from the Metro Track Set? I added the underground tracks to the Recycled Infrastructure set and would love to have underground VacTrain stuff.

To do it, you need to add SSAZ and SUAZ to be compatible with VACT and powered on VACT. I'll leave the rest up to you but I assume a parameter would be the best way to do it. Thanks in advance!
Licenses for my work...

Return to “Graphics Releases”