Unspooled

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Unspooled

Post by supermop »

New small update - some discussion on IRC over the weekend led to enabling of CC for poles etc in recent builds of NRT. This update modifies some pixels so that poles show 1CC, and also fixes the missing pole issue on catenary dead ends. I've altered the way wires look at end of line, but I am not yet happy with it.

More changes to come, mostly for road surfaces, and adding parameters for different 'rosters' of roadtypes.
Attachments
spool013.grf
(319.01 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
Unspooled_013_Source.zip
(999.8 KiB) Downloaded 164 times
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

New Version, adds parameters for road type selection and support for NO_HOUSES flag.
Attachments
spool021.grf
(347.99 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Just played around with these and they look awesome.. but one TINY request.. would it be possible to configure it so the asphalt road is the default (so towns build it) instead of the stone paved one?

Edit: It would also be nice to be able to choose that the default depot is not replaced. These look a little weird and I could use a standard roadset to use its depots instead.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

KeldorKatarn wrote:Just played around with these and they look awesome.. but one TINY request.. would it be possible to configure it so the asphalt road is the default (so towns build it) instead of the stone paved one?

Edit: It would also be nice to be able to choose that the default depot is not replaced. These look a little weird and I could use a standard roadset to use its depots instead.
Both are easily feasible, I'll aim to include them in the next release.
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Cool beans :)

Edit: One more suggestion for a parameter to select types:

No electrified roads.

There's lot of roadsets I believe without any vehicles that can use road catenary at the moment so those roads only take away useful slots, while I for one certainly wouldn't want to miss out on any of the non-electrified ones :)
KeldorKatarn
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by KeldorKatarn »

Also.. alternatively you could offer some other depots.

Garry has been working on some overlays for depots and his graphics might work fine:
viewtopic.php?p=1206531#p1206531

What bugs me the most about the current ones is the company color stuff. I don't like depots with company colors :P
Maybe Garry is willing to share graphics here :) I think these would work awesome with your roads. He has a couple styles
so you could choose some for different road types :)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Please avoid double-posting.
There is a vehicle set including electrified road vehicles : Mop Generic NRT Vehicles. It's the only one AFAIK to give ELRD vehicles.
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

Technically speaking, electrified road types shouldn't be automatically introduced unless trolley vehicles are available (same behaviour as with rail types).
As this, at least for me, doesn't work yet, all Supermop could do is run a check for the availability of his Generic NRT Vehicles and disable electrified roads if it isn't.
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

I have the following suggestions for further development of this set :) :
1. One-way trolleybus wires. 2. One-way tram tracks.
What do you think of these ideas? How difficult is it to implement this task for OpenTTD? Did you have a discussion on this issue? What did you come to in the end? After all, one-way contact wires for trolleybuses, one-way tram tracks with wires and without wires exist in real life. If it were all in the game now, there could be more realistic roads in the cities, including one-way rings for trams and trolleybuses. I think a lot of players dream about it :wink: .
[OpenTTD] STD screenshots
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[OpenTTD] STD saved games - My finished scenarios and saves from the game
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

KeldorKatarn wrote:one TINY request.. would it be possible to configure it so the asphalt road is the default (so towns build it) instead of the stone paved one?
Not a fan of this idea. The reason why I like this set is that it gives me a nice low speed limit in towns and cities. Changing the default road to asphalt will allow my trucks to go though a city at 80kph! I think 65kph is a little exessive as most towns in the western world have a limit somewhere around the 50kph mark.

Is the default road setting somthing we could set as a parameter? That would keep everyone happy
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

STD wrote:I have the following suggestions for further development of this set :) :
What do you think of these ideas? How difficult is it to implement this task for OpenTTD? Did you have a discussion on this issue? What did you come to in the end? After all, one-way contact wires for trolleybuses, one-way tram tracks with wires and without wires exist in real life. If it were all in the game now, there could be more realistic roads in the cities, including one-way rings for trams and trolleybuses. I think a lot of players dream about it :wink: .
I have experimented with one-way tram tracks a bit. Concerning the graphics this is a no-brainer and was easy to do:
one way tram track.png
one way tram track.png (32.95 KiB) Viewed 7103 times
However, there is no way to forbid trams running on the 'wrong' direction where there are no tram tracks, and you would need 2 tram types (left and right) to lay them correctly.
... which is why I abandoned the idea ...

But I can share the grf if someone would want to use or build up on it ...
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

Kruemelchen wrote: However, there is no way to forbid trams running on the 'wrong' direction where there are no tram tracks, ...

Would building one-way streets solve this?
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Captain Rand wrote:
Kruemelchen wrote: However, there is no way to forbid trams running on the 'wrong' direction where there are no tram tracks, ...

Would building one-way streets solve this?
No, OpenTTD trams do not respect one-way streets, they do not respect street barriers, either.
Captain Rand
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Captain Rand »

kamnet wrote:
No, OpenTTD trams do not respect one-way streets
Thanks, I wasn't sure. And even if they did I just realized you can't use one-way markings if you build a Tramline without a road.

Pete.
There's nothing like a deadline to hone the concentration.

Good manners cost nothing, but earn respect.

" 'Impossible' is not in our vocabulary." Jack Chrichton, Farscape
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Kruemelchen wrote:
STD wrote:I have the following suggestions for further development of this set :) :
I have experimented with one-way tram tracks a bit. Concerning the graphics this is a no-brainer and was easy to do:one way tram track.png
However, there is no way to forbid trams running on the 'wrong' direction where there are no tram tracks, and you would need 2 tram types (left and right) to lay them correctly.
... which is why I abandoned the idea ...

But I can share the grf if someone would want to use or build up on it ...
And what about the intersection of one-way tram (trolleybus wires) with two-way? You were also able to implement this ? Please show a screenshot of your experiments. I'm just interested in seeing the result :) .
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Youtube channel - OpenTTD | Wiki xUSSR set (RU) | Wiki xUSSR set (EN) | Download the latest version of the xUSSR set
TT Screenshot of the Month - the page editor | Screenshot Of The Month Contest Winner: August 2017
Kruemelchen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Kruemelchen »

STD wrote:And what about the intersection of one-way tram (trolleybus wires) with two-way? You were also able to implement this ? Please show a screenshot of your experiments. I'm just interested in seeing the result :) .
No, this didn't work. Currently there is no possibility of implementing logic to check for adjacent tiles, and I don't think it is planned either.

By the way I also discarded the idea because, at least where I live, trams usually take up the inner lanes of 4-lane roads. But it isn't possible to let the tram run on the inner lane. So it seemed the less possible to imitate this.

However, I've seen a one-track tram running on the driving side of the road (right hand side for me), but the tram would run in both directions, which was a bit shocking to see the tram running right towards me with flashing eyes, so I had to "overtake" it :lol:
But that wouldn't be possible in TTD either :P
STD
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by STD »

Kruemelchen wrote:
STD wrote:And what about the intersection of one-way tram (trolleybus wires) with two-way? You were also able to implement this ? Please show a screenshot of your experiments. I'm just interested in seeing the result :) .
No, this didn't work. Currently there is no possibility of implementing logic to check for adjacent tiles, and I don't think it is planned either.

By the way I also discarded the idea because, at least where I live, trams usually take up the inner lanes of 4-lane roads. But it isn't possible to let the tram run on the inner lane. So it seemed the less possible to imitate this.

However, I've seen a one-track tram running on the driving side of the road (right hand side for me), but the tram would run in both directions, which was a bit shocking to see the tram running right towards me with flashing eyes, so I had to "overtake" it :lol:
But that wouldn't be possible in TTD either :P
Thank you very much for your detailed and informative answer with examples. I understand :D . Then we can only hope that the developers of the game in the future will deal with this situation. :wink: Still, one-way routes for trams and trolleybuses in the game are simply necessary. And also need all the intersections of these paths with two-way. And we need to refine the behavior of transport when driving on these types of paths, when moving from one-way to two-way and vice versa. I think this change will be a very good addition for the game in the future.
Dave

Post by Dave »

acs121 wrote:
andythenorth wrote:Wow, I hope a mod comes by soon and splits this off :twisted:
About one-way tram tracks or train-trams ?
Both. I’m getting pretty tired of having to deal with derailed threads in graphics development. All concerned should take heed of my ire. The next derailment will see a fistful of warnings handed out. I do not discriminate.

Back on topic please.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Diesel Power
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Diesel Power »

I've Traced a bug back to this set.
It makes the word "New" appear twice on newspaper reports regarding new RVs. See Screenie below. This happens with multiple RV sets (tested with your RV set, Road Hog and HEQs)
Remove Unspooled and the problem goes away...
Attachments
The Mountain Movers, 25th Aug 1961.png
(229.04 KiB) Not downloaded yet
ucetcislo1
Engineer
Engineer

Post by ucetcislo1 »

Hi, i think i found a bug. Pylons are visible through the vehicles (watch mouse cursor)
Happnes when using all 3 types of wires (rough, basic, modern)
Attachments
insta.gif
insta.gif (19.16 MiB) Viewed 6382 times
===>>> Visit my youtube OpenTTD channel for more:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm1Xut ... FzK5x4xuVA

Return to “Graphics Development”