Your CURRENT train journey?

Take a break from playing the game and chat here about real-world transportation issues!

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Nawdic
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Your CURRENT train journey?

Post by Nawdic »

Ameecher wrote:
Pilot wrote:
Ameecher wrote:Get the hell out of my office.
Don't worry! I got out of there as soon as I could!

How some of you deal with that place all day every day I will never know.
Having worked in some terrible offices I really like it.
Beats the hell out of Eversholt Street and Square One.

Not as nice as Baskerville House mind although at least we can get to the toilet without being chaperoned by a resident staff member.
Be careful about what you say about Eversholt Street - I used to maintain that building! :mrgreen:
Very much a retired regular poster..... If you can say that :mrgreen:
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Nordic Dragon wrote:
Ameecher wrote:
Pilot wrote: Don't worry! I got out of there as soon as I could!

How some of you deal with that place all day every day I will never know.
Having worked in some terrible offices I really like it.
Beats the hell out of Eversholt Street and Square One.

Not as nice as Baskerville House mind although at least we can get to the toilet without being chaperoned by a resident staff member.
Be careful about what you say about Eversholt Street - I used to maintain that building! :mrgreen:
It's a dump ever since you stopped?

Better?

Is it for the chop under HS2 plans? I hope it is...
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

On the Acela from Providence to NYC Penn Station. It seems they've improved the tracks since the last time I took this. We were cruising along at 150 mph a while ago.
supermop
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by supermop »

oftcrash wrote:On the Acela from Providence to NYC Penn Station. It seems they've improved the tracks since the last time I took this. We were cruising along at 150 mph a while ago.
Unfortunately I haven't taken the Acela in nearly 9 years, as it's gotten so popular I can never justify the cost - back to considering flying to Boston and DC!
Fanndal
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fanndal »

In my 50+ years I've Only been on a train once, in Sweden in the very early '90s. No trains in my country.
oftcrash
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by oftcrash »

On the express from Providence to Boston, currently stopped due to "switch issues". There are 3 local trains ahead of us, also stopped. The conductor just came on the intercom saying "if your boss ask why, tell them we have train problem".
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Currently sat on 185142 as the 0932 Manchester Victoria to Scarborough, which I shall be taking as far as York. Taking advantage of TPEs free wi-fi!
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

Fanndal wrote:In my 50+ years I've Only been on a train once, in Sweden in the very early '90s. No trains in my country.
Where do you live? Iceland? Cyprus?

I enjoyed playing an Iceland OTTD scenario once which allowed me to introduce trains to Iceland, fun!
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Currently on the 0953 Crewe - Holyhead, travelling as far as Chester. The service, operated by 221116, is diverted the long way around, via Middlewich, a route that is usually freight only, as there are engineering works on the usual route this weekend. Due in Chester in about an hours time.
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by 61653 »

It's a quarter to three in the morning and I've just been woken up by my InterCities-de-Nuits SNCF service squeaking to a halt at Toulouse Bordeaux, for the rear two coaches (one seated and one couchette) to be detached. The service is the nightly Paris Austerlitz to Latour de Carol and is several firsts for me: The first overnight train that I've ridden to the end (used the Night Riviera a few times but always got off at Taunton); My first standard gauge SNCF service (previous ride was metre-gauge); The first time I've ever been upgraded (was booked on as a seated passenger but the seated coach had a fault and was replaced by another couchette car, albeit with no bedding provided); and as a result, my first time in a sleeper berth. It's meant to hold 6 but it's all mine!

EDIT: was in fact at Bordeaux earlier, though I hadn't realised the service ran that way. The rear two coaches were indeed detached at Toulouse Matabiau as advertised. These old Corail coaches are comfortable but a bit squeaky (and the braking is rather harsh), hence I keep being woken!
I was social distancing before it was cool 8)
Formerly known as 47434
Last train journey I could be bothered to look up the headcode for: 04/02/2016, Mirfield to Batley, 2J34 1459 Huddersfield to Leeds, Northern Rail 144015
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

153311 as the 1742 from Derby to... well, hopefully Crewe! This unit does have a bit of a reputation amongst some of the longer term members I hear, so I'm hoping it'll get me there.

Return to “Real-World Transport Discussion”