The next Hitler or Quisling or Stalin takes over your country's govt

This is the place to talk about anything not related to Transport Tycoon itself.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: The next Hitler or Quisling or Stalin takes over your country's govt

Post by Simozzz »

Horray for our new old president! (nope)

I find that funny who of all leaders congratulated mr. P.

And now about poisoning and fast reaction from UK.
If UK were able to determine what substance were used to poison that people, they should have known about it existence and have samples of it. But supposed agent weren't added in Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), that means UK hid it from them, violating statements at article 4 of CWC.
Or mrs. May now may change her mind and say that there was no new chemicals there and whole accusation were just a small mistake.
Both ways it's not what brilliant politicians should do. :roll:
What was the motif of that "assassination"? That's not right time (right before "election") nor victim (he wasn't a threat to Russian government anymore, after he tell about his foreign contacts). But who would want that anyway? There is no killing without motif (well, except maniacs, but that's not about this case).
And some information available about that "newcomer" agent. If it was developed, it should have been made at Chemical Research Institute in Nukus, Soviet Uzbekistan in 1970-1980's. Later, in 1991 Uzbekistan become independent country, 2 years prior CWC. More interesting that all chemical facilities were disassembled with help of US and lead researcher run to the US as well. So how Russia could get any portion of that agent and not use any other means of killing?

Ahh... I shouldn't play that Ace Attorney games... They really make me made all these questions anywhere possible... :lol:
Sorry for my bad English.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

I mean, you're against Putin but you're also his lackey? I mean, those fake news are proper Trump (or Putin) class :lol:

I love, however, that the Russian adminstration blamed "Sweden or Czech Republic" for poisoning a former Russian spy in the UK. I really wish it were Sweden, that'd make for a great story to publish in an auto-biography 40 years from now.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Simozzz wrote:If UK were able to determine what substance were used to poison that people, they should have known about it existence and have samples of it. But supposed agent weren't added in Chemical Weapons Convention, that means UK hid it from them, violating statements at article 4 of CWC.
Everyone can keep hiding a dagger up their arse. That includes yours.
YNM = yoursNotMine - Don't get it ?
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

Simozz wrote: If UK were able to determine what substance were used to poison that people, they should have known about it existence and have samples of it. But supposed agent weren't added in Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC), that means UK hid it from them, violating statements at article 4 of CWC.
First of all, we still not know if there really was a "nerve agent poisoning" at all.

Other than this, you can be sure that the British have samples, at least since the time the US dismantled USSR´s Nukus labs. I´m not that deep into the intricacies of CWC treaties, but it seems that certain labs may legally keep "small" quantities, formulas, and production methods of those agents for reconnaissance purposes.
Simozz wrote: Or mrs. May now may change her mind and say that there was no new chemicals there and whole accusation were just a small mistake.
Both ways it's not what brilliant politicians should do.
The British government is obviously not telling the truth. Either, the British government is actively involved into the case, aiming at further undermining Russian credibility, limiting it in the middle east and elsewhere. Or some British circles are trying to get rid of Mrs May. Or some other foreign agency outside Russia (Israel had been mentioned, for retaliation of Russian support of Syria, screwing up its plans).
Simozz wrote:
What was the motif of that "assassination"? That's not right time (right before "election") nor victim (he wasn't a threat to Russian government anymore, after he tell about his foreign contacts).
In addition, there seems to exist an inofficial agreement, to abstain from any retaliation means against exchanged enemy spies.
Simozz wrote:
But who would want that anyway? There is no killing without motif (well, except maniacs, but that's not about this case).
Maybe Skripal was still involved in other (non-Russian) activities. Probably still with ex-MI6 agents (names are known) and also been involved in the "dirty dossiers" campaign against Trump.

At the moment, it seems that european politicians are starting to slowly redraw from any "unlimited support" of the British government.
Simozz wrote:
Well, German tv is commenting the Russian election as "undemocratic", gives much room to osce´s nitpicking, and continues to praise Navalny as the better solution. So, nothing new, panic at best.

regards
Michael
Last edited by michael blunck on 21 Mar 2018 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Simozzz wrote:Horray for our new old president! (nope)

Putin received calls from a number of other foreign leaders, including French President Emmanuel Macron, Chinese President Xi Jinping, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Many others, including German Chancellor Angela Merkel, sent congratulatory telegrams.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/tr ... id=SL5EDHP
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-43489457

That, my friends, I find slightly more worrying.
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-43489457 wrote: Mrs May briefed her counterparts on Thursday on the poisoning of the Skripals, who were found unconscious on a bench in Salisbury.

Detective Sergeant Nick Bailey, who became ill after responding to the incident, is no longer in a serious condition and has been discharged from hospital.

The prime minister set out the evidence the UK has against Russia - including the positive identification of the chemical used as a type of Novichok nerve agent and the knowledge that Russia has produced this agent within the last 10 years.
Only idiots would believe that.
voltaire.net (s.a) wrote: [...] After having resigned from the European Union, then having refused to sign the Chinese declaration about the Silk Road, the United Kingdom thought to improve its stature by eliminating a competitor. By this piece of dirty work, it imagined that it would acquire a new dimension and become the « Global Britain » announced by Madame May. But it is destroying its own credibility.
The British are knee-deep in Syrian blood.

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article ... x-slipping

regards
Michael
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

michael blunck wrote:Only idiots would believe that.
In what May said ? May be.

In the events that follows ? That's worrying.

And yes, Syria is a show-off ground. It's proxy war. You're all imbeciles, just show off at your own site !
「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Simozzz
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Simozzz »

With RKN trying to ban Telegram at Russia (they closed access to 17 million IP's at Amazon and Google servers at the moment), many services became unavailable but not Telegram itself... And they won't stop... And only way to ban Telegram - ban whole internet.
One step closer to Totalitarian Democracy here. :roll:
Sorry for my bad English.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Honestly. I think if that happened. I'd do what I and the majority of people are doing currently with the Tory government we have. They're metaphorica literally screwing us over anyway. So let's let someone else do it. We Brits are used to it by now.

This made me chuckle too - and somewhat related to this thread and conversation recently.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

The posts here from the past few days make me wonder: looking at the countries that choose to be adversarial with the USA, are any of them better off as a result? Conversely, looking at the countries that are very friendly or allied with the USA, are any of them not doing very well in terms of economy and standard of living?
Rookie of the Year: 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Train<In>Vain wrote:The posts here from the past few days make me wonder: looking at the countries that choose to be adversarial with the USA, are any of them better off as a result? Conversely, looking at the countries that are very friendly or allied with the USA, are any of them not doing very well in terms of economy and standard of living?
There is almost certainly nothing to support either of the two. All countries in the West are allies with the USA, and pretty much none in the East. The blocs that appeared during the Cold War still roughly remain to this day.
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Just to clarify I was talking about the world as it actually exists today.
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Train<In>Vain wrote:The posts here from the past few days make me wonder: looking at the countries that choose to be adversarial with the USA, are any of them better off as a result? Conversely, looking at the countries that are very friendly or allied with the USA, are any of them not doing very well in terms of economy and standard of living?
Well, when you have someone in the slightest of being adversary, you just murder them.

「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Train<In>Vain wrote:Just to clarify I was talking about the world as it actually exists today.
I understood, but there aren't really any Western countries openly denouncing USA or distancing themselves from them. There are various expressions of concern over single quotes made by the Trump administration but no Western countries have financially distanced themselves since Germany in WW2. :P
My Scenarios:
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

Chrill wrote:
Train<In>Vain wrote:Just to clarify I was talking about the world as it actually exists today.
I understood, but there aren't really any Western countries openly denouncing USA or distancing themselves from them. There are various expressions of concern over single quotes made by the Trump administration but no Western countries have financially distanced themselves since Germany in WW2. :P
Of course you're right on that point AFAIK.
The blocs that appeared during the Cold War still roughly remain to this day.
Warsaw Pact?
JacobNa
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JacobNa »

Chrill wrote:
Well, of course not. Nor should foreign policies among countries that were allies for decades now change on a whim or overnight like that. That would be disastrous, at least I think so. (edit: typo)
YNM
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by YNM »

Train<In>Vain wrote:Warsaw Pact?
CIS.

Not Eastern Europe, sure, but Mid-Asia.
Chrill wrote:... there aren't really any Western countries openly denouncing USA or distancing themselves from them.
There are, but they're unimportant and uninterested anyway.

I'm sure not all the heads in EU really agrees with destructive intervention.

「ヨーッスノットマイン」もと申します。
Train<In>Vain
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Train<In>Vain »

YNM wrote:
Train<In>Vain wrote:Warsaw Pact?
CIS.

Not Eastern Europe, sure, but Mid-Asia.
Chrill wrote:... there aren't really any Western countries openly denouncing USA or distancing themselves from them.
There are, but they're unimportant and uninterested anyway.

I'm sure not all the heads in EU really agrees with destructive intervention.

That was definitely worth a watch :)

I suspect we'll be hearing a lot less about Trump collusion with Putin going forward :lol:

Return to “Off-Topic”