FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

brutesquad01
Engineer
Engineer

Re: FIRS Industry Replacement Set - Development & Translations

Post by brutesquad01 »

Pyoro wrote:You could perhaps make 1-tile industries (or at least small ones. OR just build very large disjointed stations or increase their pick-up area with a patch (that's actually pretty straight-forward, even I managed that ^^)) and then bunch them together for gameplay-effect with lots of cargo (at least primary industries). Also station rating at 100%.
That won't work; supplies will only go to one industry in that case.
Alberth wrote:
brutesquad01 wrote:Right, I forgot about how industry production works. I imagine changing this would require a patch, yes? Is it instead possible to change the number of times industries produce every month?
If you can change it, it definitely needs a patch. However, I think you'll be stopped way before reaching that point by the NewGRF spec, which defines the upper limit and the number of production cycles in a month.
Changing the spec breaks all NewGRFs that exist. If you extend the spec with a new production mechanism, and implement it in OpenTTD, all current NewGRFs won't work with it for the simple reason that they don't use the new extension.
Soooo I just have to write a patch and then rewrite every newgrf ever? Awesome, I'll get right on that. :shock:

I recall some implementations of the daylength patch that result in increased production according to the daylength factor, which I guess is the last hope for my little experiment.
Quast65
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Quast65 »

brutesquad01 wrote:That won't work; supplies will only go to one industry in that case.
Not if you have stations at each industry that only delivers supplies (so no pick up of created cargo) and make sure that you place your industries so far apart from each other that the catchment areas of those stations only capture that single industry.
Creating a single-tile industry set would eventually be the handiest for that (takes up less space).
Projects: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57266
Screenshots: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=56959
Scenario of The Netherlands: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=87604

Winner of the following screenshot competitions:
sep 2012, jan 2013, apr 2013, aug 2013, mar 2014, mar 2016, oct 2020
All my work is released under GPL-license (either V2 or V3), if not clearly stated otherwise.
brutesquad01
Engineer
Engineer

Post by brutesquad01 »

Quast65 wrote:
brutesquad01 wrote:That won't work; supplies will only go to one industry in that case.
Not if you have stations at each industry that only delivers supplies (so no pick up of created cargo) and make sure that you place your industries so far apart from each other that the catchment areas of those stations only capture that single industry.
Creating a single-tile industry set would eventually be the handiest for that (takes up less space).
I MUCH prefer to move supplies on the trains carrying raw materials; I've found it the easiest way to ensure regular delivery. I could still do that, then transfer them at the main station and distribute them with trucks/trams.
DryIce
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DryIce »

I'm looking for a value in the firs.grf version 0.7.5 that define how much max production can be for a primary industry.

Max production for a coal mine is 1280, but I would like to reduce it to somewhere close to 500 and have it say maximum production reached. Do anyone know if this is possible to do in the grf?

Appreciate any advice
DryIce
Engineer
Engineer

Post by DryIce »

I've figured it out :)
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vrn »

There seems to be a bug in FIRS 3.0.6.: Oil Rigs, Oil Wells and Oil Refineries won't spawn naturally when "Extreme" or "In A Hot Country" economy is selected. However, they still can be placed in the Scenario Editor. Industry spawning worked fine in 3.0.5.
mak
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by mak »

vrn wrote:There seems to be a bug in FIRS 3.0.6.: Oil Rigs, Oil Wells and Oil Refineries won't spawn naturally when "Extreme" or "In A Hot Country" economy is selected. However, they still can be placed in the Scenario Editor. Industry spawning worked fine in 3.0.5.
Check parameters (if not already done so :D ) in the GRF, it may have got changed.
andythenorth
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andythenorth »

It's not limited to oil industries, many many types of industry can't be spawned or funded in 3.0.6 :twisted:

EDIT: found the cause http://dev.openttdcoop.org/projects/fir ... lity.pynml

Caused by a find-replace on FIRS code that was intended to be done for Iron Horse code :roll:
Last edited by andythenorth on 14 Apr 2018 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
heppers
Engineer
Engineer

Post by heppers »

Why can i not fund a new blast furnace/oxygen furnace/electric arc furnace/foundry/metal workshop/scrap yard/steel finishing plant or tyre plant?
I'm using FIRS 3.0.6
many thanks
Pedro
Pedro The Fisherman
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Andy has Updated Firs to cure the problem ,mentioned in a previous post .
heppers
Engineer
Engineer

Post by heppers »

Ah great thank you :bow:
Pedro The Fisherman
agentw4b
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by agentw4b »

Is the title of this NewGRF OK?
firs.png
firs.png (21.52 KiB) Viewed 5325 times
Owner and admin of servers with names "Experimental games" .
My heightmaps: Flat Earth Map and United nations logo
My scenarios: Game Fallout 1,2,3 Map scenario
My gamescripts: City Founder GS
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

A bug using r6008 too.
A lot of industries have corrupt sprites in this game. I can't understand why, as i saved my GRF list, and tried to create a new game - the industries shpwed up like they should. I was using the Extreme economy on both games.
If you are wondering about what means the station name, "Atelier métallurgique" means metal workshop.
Savegame is here
Attachments
S.T.R.A.F, 1er Avr 1979#1.png
(146.3 KiB) Not downloaded yet
SkiddLow
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by SkiddLow »

Request for translation, because i'm comeback :
Dairy Farm -> Peternakan Sapi Perah
Flour Mill -> Pabrik Terigu
Power Plant -> Pembangkit Listrik
Packaging -> Pengemasan
Vanderbildt
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Vanderbildt »

First of all Thanks a lot for the Work
My wish list for Firs.
Merge Extrem with Steeltown change the food chain, Metal for the Stockyard, Glas Brevery, packaging Flour Mill, Add Bulding materials for the Furniture Factory, ad pipes and cars for the town stores. remove the requirements for the Scrap Yard maybe Scrap is in dependency of the Population.
And a Hardcore version: factories need 2 of 3 requirements so that the Steel Mill need Coal and Iron Ore not only Scrap. As a complete NOOB i would say take the best from ECS and bring it in to Firs.

Just wishes

So now is the Post at the right place.

i read 32 goods Ok. Sounds good Then: Good Morning Noober!
here is a suggestion for a Firs Outpost version.

Have a good Day
Attachments
Firs.jpg
Firs.jpg (171.72 KiB) Viewed 839 times
Haldir
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Haldir »

Hello, at first thanks Andy and all helpers for this superb work!

Now I have one question: I want to build a *bulk-terminal*, but i never found a place for to build.I tried all places of coastlines in every direction, but nowhere i can build it. Everytime I get the message *unsuitable location*. I hope, that someone can help me.

And I have one wish for a former version: *Steeltown* and *Extreme* together in one economy, if its possible. This will be realistic for a country like Germany, where I come from....and for other countries too, I think. :)

Best regards

Haldir
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

A good explanation of how to can be found here ... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=41607&p=1190261&hi ... r#p1190261

Return to “Graphics Development”