[OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Re: [OTTD] BRTrains - Development Thread

Post by Gwyd »

The image in the signature? That's (mostly) unrelated to BRTrains. It's simply some of my favourite trains that I've drawn put into a single image.
Mooshroom2719
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mooshroom2719 »

Gwyd wrote:Well considering there isn't a fully complete Stadler Flirt running in the UK, it'd be hard to make one. Also there are several alignment problems, if you just know where to look.
I know exactly what caused each of the problems with the 377s... Should be a fix in the next hour
http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/R ... in-designs

it appears Greater Anglia is getting some of them, so might want to keep an eye on it.
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Mooshroom2719 wrote:
Gwyd wrote:Well considering there isn't a fully complete Stadler Flirt running in the UK, it'd be hard to make one. Also there are several alignment problems, if you just know where to look.
I know exactly what caused each of the problems with the 377s... Should be a fix in the next hour
http://www.railtechnologymagazine.com/R ... in-designs

it appears Greater Anglia is getting some of them, so might want to keep an eye on it.
I think Gwyd's point was more due to the fact that there are no sets currently running here. Whilst someone could draw a Flirt based off the artists impressions/drawings, there is always potential for these to change when the final train is released, so it's not really worth drawing just yet :)

I'm certain however that it will be included in the future, as/when the Flirt (as well as various other new stock currently being built) is released.
Tony Pixel
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Tony Pixel »

All my works
Attachments
Tony Pixel British Rail.rar
(17.94 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Image Image
Sprite artist and NewGRF developer, coding in NML. My projects:
NewGRFs: Not Enough Subways Set | North American Passenger Railroads | Elevated Subway Bridge | Tony Pixel's Subway Equipment Set (frozen)
Screenshots: New York City Subway Episodes
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Class 165 and 166 added
Gav82
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gav82 »

Gwyd wrote:Class 165 and 166 added
Great update

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

Gwyd wrote:Class 165 and 166 added

Turbos look great!

Only livery missing is a plain blue FGW for 166 but they look great otherwise!
willsym22
Engineer
Engineer

Post by willsym22 »

But also i have noticed that the loading times for the 165/166 are quite slow, maybe they could be sped up?
TheAmir259
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by TheAmir259 »

Pilot wrote: I think Gwyd's point was more due to the fact that there are no sets currently running here. Whilst someone could draw a Flirt based off the artists impressions/drawings, there is always potential for these to change when the final train is released, so it's not really worth drawing just yet :)

I'm certain however that it will be included in the future, as/when the Flirt (as well as various other new stock currently being built) is released.
Reminds me of when i requested for Eurostar E320 for the Dutch Train Set. Now that i've grown up a bit more i understood why. But i heard that the E320 are about to start operations into Amsterdam soon. Interesting stuff indeed.
You can also find me at Reddit. Check out my OpenTTD Screenshots & Savefiles!
fam622
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fam622 »

Where can I find the download link to the grf file for this addon?
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

It can be found on the in game content downloader
fam622
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fam622 »

Gwyd wrote:It can be found on the in game content downloader
Found it, thanks anyways! :)
TrainLover
Engineer
Engineer

Post by TrainLover »

Wow, I haven't been to this forum in about four months, and you guys have done so much progress on BRTrains! Although, where's the tracking table again, because it seems a lot for just 0.5.2! Then again, the more trains, the better it is!
Developer of North American Passenger Liveries: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=87228
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Thanks train lover.

You may not see any further updates to BRTrains as we are currently contemplating a reboot of the set using PJ1K scale devised by Pikkabird.

Watch this space.
fam622
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fam622 »

Will other London Underground trains be added to this addon?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Leanden wrote: You may not see any further updates to BRTrains as we are currently contemplating a reboot of the set using PJ1K scale devised by Pikkabird.
I hope the new scale isn't something that'll look oddly out of proportion, or puts back development a long way? I loev the BRT set, and the steady flow of new additions.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Redirect Left wrote:
Leanden wrote: You may not see any further updates to BRTrains as we are currently contemplating a reboot of the set using PJ1K scale devised by Pikkabird.
I hope the new scale isn't something that'll look oddly out of proportion, or puts back development a long way? I loev the BRT set, and the steady flow of new additions.
So i can reveal a bit more information now. Pikkabird has kindly given us permission to reskin UKRS2 to remake BRTrains with a more consistent scale (and a scale evidentally compatible with NARS and UKRS2).

The reason behind this is we have collected a large amount of sprites over many years from numerous attempts at british rail sets, but in areas the quality is debatable and the scale fluctuates.

Therefore we will be releasing one final update, v1.0 with all exisiting drawn sprites included and then BRTrains will be “abandoned” in favour of the newly scaled set.

The existing code of BRTrains will be reused to make the new set, so you can expect it to be functionally the same in terms of gameplay just with different graphics which we can more effectively expand on with an existing spritebase.
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Hopefully this means i can finally punish the north of England as much as they are in real life and shove Pacers everywhere on lines they're too small and slow for :twisted:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Redirect Left wrote:Hopefully this means i can finally punish the north of England as much as they are in real life and shove Pacers everywhere on lines they're too small and slow for :twisted:
Pacers will be in the 1.0 release so yes you can :twisted:
fam622
Engineer
Engineer

Post by fam622 »

Leanden wrote:
Redirect Left wrote:
So i can reveal a bit more information now. Pikkabird has kindly given us permission to reskin UKRS2 to remake BRTrains with a more consistent scale (and a scale evidentally compatible with NARS and UKRS2).

The reason behind this is we have collected a large amount of sprites over many years from numerous attempts at british rail sets, but in areas the quality is debatable and the scale fluctuates.

Therefore we will be releasing one final update, v1.0 with all exisiting drawn sprites included and then BRTrains will be “abandoned” in favour of the newly scaled set.

The existing code of BRTrains will be reused to make the new set, so you can expect it to be functionally the same in terms of gameplay just with different graphics which we can more effectively expand on with an existing spritebase.
Nice! :)

Return to “Graphics Development”