Railway Only Mods

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

eddieballgame
Engineer
Engineer

Railway Only Mods

Post by eddieballgame »

Are there any mods/paks that allow one to play with just railway capabilities per transporting goods? Much like RRT3.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Railway Only Mods

Post by acs121 »

There are many, many NewGRFs including only trains, and improving only that. Simple but great sets like the MAV set exist, just like gigantic, constantly developed sets like 2cc TrainsInNML exist too.
eddieballgame
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eddieballgame »

Thank you, I will check them out.
Mainly, though, my question's main point was if there was a "train only mod" per transportation. No trucks, aircraft, etc.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

eddieballgame wrote:Thank you, I will check them out.
Mainly, though, my question's main point was if there was a "train only mod" per transportation. No trucks, aircraft, etc.
As far as I know, there are no NewGRF sets which disable the other transport types without replacing them.
Sylf
President
President

Post by Sylf »

While there's no mods/paks/NewGRFs/scripts that does that, but you can accomplish it with game settings.
Attachments
Unnamed, 1950-01-19.png
Unnamed, 1950-01-19.png (45.16 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
eddieballgame
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eddieballgame »

Great, I missed that...will definitely check that out. I am assuming this has the same effect per the AIs. Thank you again guys for all the info.
eddieballgame
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eddieballgame »

Apparently, the AI does not allow for not using vehicles, ships, etc. I tried the Choo Choo AI & get crashes per this setting, Oh well, looks like I need to try creating an AI for this.
vrn
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vrn »

You can use AIs like NoNoCAB, AIAI or SimpleAI. All of them allow disabling specific means of transport in their respective AI settings. ChooChoo uses feeder buses, thats why it doesn't work with RV's disabled.

BTW, which train NewGRF do you want to use? There are some that can be troubling for AI players, e.g. because of non-uniform unit lengths or because of being NUTS.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

vrn wrote:You can use AIs like NoNoCAB, AIAI or SimpleAI. All of them allow disabling specific means of transport in their respective AI settings. ChooChoo uses feeder buses, thats why it doesn't work with RV's disabled.

BTW, which train NewGRF do you want to use? There are some that can be troubling for AI players, e.g. because of non-uniform unit lengths or because of being NUTS.
I once played with the SBB-CFF-FFS set (and only this set), which includes non-modifiable consists (RAe 4/8, RAm TEE, TGV, Pendolino, etc), and AI wasn't dumb enough to use TGVs as locomotives (it did, however, use RBe 4/4s as freight locomotives)...

If you were goign to ask, i was using SimpleAI, NoCAB and AdmiralAI.
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

Here's a GRF, if you want to test if it's more AI friendly.
Attachments
disablevehicletypes.grf
(1.04 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
eddieballgame
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eddieballgame »

Cool, I will try this stuff out...thanks again guys.

Return to “General OpenTTD”