The GRFs That Time Forgot!

Find and discuss all the latest NewGRF releases for TTDPatch and OpenTTD here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: The GRFs That Time Forgot!

Post by Redirect Left »

Those Tropical Statations look pretty ace. I'm certainly adding that to my games on the rare occasion i play in that climate!
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Pineapple Rail Tropic Set

Pikkabird's epic Australian climate mod! Includes trains, industries, houses, town names and new landscape graphics. I don't believe the set was ever finished and I'm not sure how playable it is, plus there are some things (like trees in the "desert") that were exclusive to TTDPatch and aren't supported by OpenTTD, but it's still very cool stuff.

Download link: http://www.pikkarail.com/ttdp/secret/pineapple.htm
Attachments
Campbell & Co., 2018-03-12.png
Campbell & Co., 2018-03-12.png (169.03 KiB) Viewed 16006 times
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Ekranoplan

Created by Zephyris, this set features 11 ekranoplan coded as ships. Unfortunately the grf is just a preview and the vehicles lack proper stats, but it's otherwise playable and nice to look at!

Download post: viewtopic.php?p=723787#p723787
Attachments
Frundingworth Transport, 2019-05-21.png
Frundingworth Transport, 2019-05-21.png (65.87 KiB) Viewed 15926 times
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

One thing is that ships can't go over 127 kph IIRC. Otherwise they bug heavily.
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Rob's Finished Graphics

Some real old stuff here... These were originally made by Rob way back in 2003 and released in EXE format, then re-released by kamnet as GRFs in 2010. Mostly they are just minor mods of the original base set. I've tried to capture everything in the attached screenshot:
  • Taller coal mine shaft & vehicles
    Sawmill crane
    Taller farm silos
    Iron ore mine crane & vehicles
    Taller power plant chimney
    Forest truck
    Cricket stadium
    Dock with crane
    McDonalds (replaces company statue)
    Railway crossing barrier
Download post: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=51189
Attachments
Fronnwell Transport, 2019-07-07.png
Fronnwell Transport, 2019-07-07.png (244.9 KiB) Viewed 15828 times
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Modular Locomotive Sheds Depot Set (MLSD)

New train depots by supermop to supplement his MLSS Set. There are several GRFs here: the first one (first screenshot, shown with NuTracks) is compatible with railtypes, while the second GRF (second screenshot, left) is meant for the default railtypes, though it only seems to replace the electric rail depot. In addition, kamnet made his own GRF for these depots (second screenshot, right) which is for normal and electric rail, but it's actually incompatible with MLSS 0.2.6 (the version on Bananas) as it uses the same GRFid!

Download posts: viewtopic.php?p=933788#p933788 (old MLSD depots) & viewtopic.php?f=67&t=59269 (kamnet's masonry depot)

EDIT: After a bit of digging I've found that supermop posted an updated depot grf in another topic (bottom screenshot). This version works with both default and new railtypes and has different generations of depot which change over time. For some reason it doesn't work with NuTracks, though it does work with some other railtype GRFs. Also, the most recent version of MLSS is 0.5.2 which can be downloaded from the forum, it has a different GRFid which means you can use it with kamnet's GRF.

Download posts: viewtopic.php?p=1013192#p1013192 (latest MLSD depots) & viewtopic.php?p=974532#p974532 (latest MLSS stations)
Attachments
Fefingford Transport, 2040-11-24.png
Fefingford Transport, 2040-11-24.png (60.81 KiB) Viewed 15734 times
Little Frarninghead Transport, 2040-12-30.png
Little Frarninghead Transport, 2040-12-30.png (54.95 KiB) Viewed 15734 times
Mennton Transport, 2060-10-06.png
Mennton Transport, 2060-10-06.png (60.33 KiB) Viewed 15685 times
Last edited by PaulC on 11 Feb 2018 19:45, edited 2 times in total.
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

It's not incompatible with MLSS. My shed is meant to work with the brick-style graphics in MLSS that came later. Although I should probably go back and change the GRF ID.
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

kamnet wrote:It's not incompatible with MLSS. My shed is meant to work with the brick-style graphics in MLSS that came later. Although I should probably go back and change the GRF ID.
Well, it's incompatible in the sense that you can't load your depot and the sheds at the same time, because they have the same id... unless you mean something else? :?
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

Oh, wait, you mean MLSS and my shed are sharing the same ID? Thats weird. It should be sharing the same ID as the other MLSD. If that's the case then I definitely need to fix it. I wonder why nobody else caught that before now? Actually, if you wanna fix that now for me, I'd appreciate it. My PC with all my files and tools are in another state right now so I wouldn't be able to get to it.
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Did some digging, the version of MLSS on Bananas (which has the same id as your depot) is outdated, later version of MLSS which are posted on the forum have a different id. Also found a later version of supermop's depot. I've updated my post above.
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

Stadtbahnwagen 'Duewag B80'

Download : here

This tiny NewGRF includes a tramway vehicle, the Duewag B80, but with a train, not tramway, functionality. Best for use with small S-Bahns or local lines.
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Screenshot of the Duewag B80. I seem to remember a proper tram version of this in an old German Trams GRF. Maybe I should do a post for the German RV Set which has a redrawn version of this tram and much more besides?
Attachments
Chunfingford Transport, 2019-02-26.png
Chunfingford Transport, 2019-02-26.png (45.69 KiB) Viewed 15619 times
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Well now you've had me digging through some old topics and I've found this...

Tram and City Railways Track

Basically an old test GRF by Aegir from way back before trams had been properly implemented in TTDPatch or OpenTTD, it replaces monorail with a city tramtrack railtype. Probably not much use now but interesting and fun to goof around with.

Download link: viewtopic.php?p=316119#p316119
Attachments
Great Bufingbridge Transport, 2018-02-21.png
Great Bufingbridge Transport, 2018-02-21.png (229.1 KiB) Viewed 15618 times
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

Oh I'd love for a railtype to be able to overlap with roads. Not only with that enable diagonal road crossings (I remember this existed way back when in patches) but also I could genuinely run trains on the roads. Surely not an efficient system but would be cool for some sort of intercity tram things.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

EllisMchardyBliackiesQuay.jpg
EllisMchardyBliackiesQuay.jpg (39.66 KiB) Viewed 7636 times
Ooh me drooling I remember the coal trains at the docks where I lived as a nipper , load up at the dock,goods yard then off to the gas works , all the way by the cobble road .Surely some one can code diag crossings . Would love diag roads and bridges as well .Well can only sit here remembering the good old days , dreaming of diag crossings .
Attachments
Bon-Accord-propels-2-wagons-for-the-Gas-Works-along-Miller-Street-in-Abe....jpg
Bon-Accord-propels-2-wagons-for-the-Gas-Works-along-Miller-Street-in-Abe....jpg (118.03 KiB) Viewed 15568 times
KF12_D2420_brings_its_brake_van_special_onto_South_College_St_733.jpg
KF12_D2420_brings_its_brake_van_special_onto_South_College_St_733.jpg (116.89 KiB) Viewed 15568 times
kamnet

Post by kamnet »

PaulC wrote:Well now you've had me digging through some old topics and I've found this...

Tram and City Railways Track

Basically an old test GRF by Aegir from way back before trams had been properly implemented in TTDPatch or OpenTTD, it replaces monorail with a city tramtrack railtype. Probably not much use now but interesting and fun to goof around with.

Download link: viewtopic.php?p=316119#p316119
This really needs recoded as a railtype! Or, maybe just the same style pavement, full width of the tile.
piratescooby
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by piratescooby »

Oh yes must be number 1 on the to do list , well done on the digging , will have to boot up and mess about with .Well I dug around the net and found a Video of historic interest , most of where I was growing up , moved across the water now , from Fittie to Torry . A load of railway works in progress in the NE of Scotland , Aberdeen to Inverness redoubling of track , new stations/station expansion , the possibility of re=opening of the Buchan line , The Waterloo goods yard was ripped up and has since been reopened , there was talk of relaying part of the dock railway .We had 2 road/rail bridges that crossed the docks ,I know this would be impossible , but would be fun . Fingers crossed for a road/rail grf .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yURzk8CuKQ
http://mcjazz.f2s.com/HarbourRailway.htm
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

piratescooby wrote:We had 2 road/rail bridges that crossed the docks ,I know this would be impossible , but would be fun .
New Map Features (NMF) can bridge across docks 8) but sorry, only road or rail on one bridge, not both :( .
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

wallyweb wrote:
piratescooby wrote:We had 2 road/rail bridges that crossed the docks ,I know this would be impossible , but would be fun .
New Map Features (NMF) can bridge across docks 8) but sorry, only road or rail on one bridge, not both :( .
There has been road and rail mixed bridges IRL, like the Inuyama bridge, and many, many, many still exist in North America.

I think i'll mess a little with this tramway track. It looks fun.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

acs121 wrote:There has been road and rail mixed bridges IRL, like the Inuyama bridge, and many, many, many still exist in North America.
Please note that the reference was about bridges in OpenTTD and not bridges in reality. :P

Return to “Graphics Releases”