About new ideas for play the game with the less and best only 32bpp graphics_JPLANOS

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

About new ideas for play the game with the less and best only 32bpp graphics_JPLANOS

Post by JPlanos »

Hello, this is my idea for playing this game ONLY with the less and best 32bpp graphics possible, here you will see my list of the best graphics that until the moment I have found, I don´t like mix 8bpp with 32bpp, for that reason I want to play only with all the objects in the best definition, if any have another idea of find that this list can be improve with another 32bpp (nex trucks, cargos, bus, passengers, towns, Industries, places, land....everything) program, I really appreciate the suggestion in order to include it, thanks.

My list:

zBase set stablished first.

• 8/32bpp Canton Buses (CHN)
• 8/32bpp Chinese Trains in NML
• BRIX Realism IS XXXX
• BRStations (Modern)
• China HQs
• Czech Road Set
• JRD Standart European Set:Train
• Opengfx Airports as Objects
• Pineapple Train (10CC)
• RAWR Absolute World Replacement
• YETI Extended Towns and Industries
Attachments
32 bpp ideal.jpg
32 bpp ideal.jpg (124.2 KiB) Viewed 5997 times
Industries.jpg
Industries.jpg (274.06 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Town,Streets,Bridges,land.jpg
Town,Streets,Bridges,land.jpg (288.53 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Sylf
President
President

Re: About new ideas for play the game with the less and best only 32bpp graphics_JPLANOS

Post by Sylf »

I would not load RAWR and BRIX together. They both attempt to do the same, and you probably won't see both sprites at the same time. As you can read it here, BRIX supersedes RAWR. If you load RAWR after BRIX as you do in the screenshot, you're actually losing out on the glorious graphics provided by BRIX. My recommendation is not to use RAWR at all.
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Re: About new ideas for play the game with the less and best only 32bpp graphics_JPLANOS

Post by JPlanos »

Thnaks a lot for your message, I will do your recomendation, now I have another issue, listen:

Hi, I have a problem, yesterday I downloaded from this url (https://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels_Files ) several TAR files, when I added them to the rest of my TAR files located in the place C:\Users\HP\Documents\OpenTTD\content_download\newgrf (inside here appear all the TAR that are currently used in all my games), and I ran the game again, I could see that all the TAR files where a file finished in GRF were missing, they didn´t appear to be installed in the NewGRF settings and for that reason they can´t be loaded in any game.

There are in all those files beautiful houses, streets, trucks, airplanes, industries, bus, train…..all of them in 32bpp.

Only those files, a couple may be, where the GRF is visible, appear in the game, example, the Jubilee_v9, but, for example, the Craighead_Goods_Truck.Tar, where only appear several pics inside a file called “sprites”, doesn´t.

My question is, where should I install those files correctly in order to enjoy all the options that those files bring??, thanks.
Attachments
Files downloaded
Files downloaded
Sin título.png (92.03 KiB) Viewed 1005 times
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Im glad you’ve included my set BRStations (Modern) but even though it is coded as 32bpp they are in fact 8bpp graphics with 32bpp transparency.

They wont look right next to true 32bpp graphics.
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JPlanos »

well, when I included that file and I ran the game, I didn´t noted any problem, honestly, I don´t know which building or cargo appear because your soft.

My idea is have all the compatible and possible 32bpp in a game, if you or some else have ideas for te inclusion of new grf at 32bpp, Im all ears.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

JPlanos wrote:Hi, I have a problem, yesterday I downloaded from this url (https://wiki.openttd.org/32bpp_Extra_Zoom_Levels_Files ) several TAR files, when I added them to the rest of my TAR files located in the place C:\Users\HP\Documents\OpenTTD\content_download\newgrf (inside here appear all the TAR that are currently used in all my games), and I ran the game again, I could see that all the TAR files where a file finished in GRF were missing, they didn´t appear to be installed in the NewGRF settings and for that reason they can´t be loaded in any game.

There are in all those files beautiful houses, streets, trucks, airplanes, industries, bus, train…..all of them in 32bpp.

Only those files, a couple may be, where the GRF is visible, appear in the game, example, the Jubilee_v9, but, for example, the Craighead_Goods_Truck.Tar, where only appear several pics inside a file called “sprites”, doesn´t.

My question is, where should I install those files correctly in order to enjoy all the options that those files bring??, thanks.
As the banner at the top of the page says, these graphics cannot be used with anything equal or higher to OpenTTD 1.2.0.

The blocker for modifying those graphics is that there is no clear license for distributing them. That is, the various authors never gave permission to have their work distributed. It's against the law to use them. People tried to get permission afterwards, but that largely failed as well.

The end result is that those are nice graphics, and you can't do anything with them, but look at them, watch them die a slow and lonely death.
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JPlanos »

thanks, 1st time in my life that I see this, authors who build something for never use, looks as nonsense, right??, well, anyway, I want to increase the list of 32bpp objects for my game, if you or another else have others, let me know.
Alberth
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Alberth »

JPlanos wrote:thanks, 1st time in my life that I see this, authors who build something for never use, looks as nonsense, right??
Many people (including artists) don't understand that they have to give explicit permission to others to use their work. I think the artists are totally unaware of this problem, and believe their work can be used.
JPlanos wrote:well, anyway, I want to increase the list of 32bpp objects for my game, if you or another else have others, let me know.
The most solid solution is to make it yourself, but that may not be easy (then again, making nice things is never easy).
Being a retired OpenTTD developer does not mean I know what I am doing.
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JPlanos »

Hi guys, after several tests and after the inclusion of all the 32bpp possible, my game looks like this: see attachment.

There is a website that I need to investigate in order to know if the graphics they are offering fix in the game, the only problem that I have found is that there are not so many choices developed yet for towns, trucks, trains, airplanes, building, and so....
Attachments
Ships,Trains,Industries.png
(1.86 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Airplanes,Cities,Industries.png
(2.42 MiB) Not downloaded yet
Trucks and buses.png
Trucks and buses.png (267.87 KiB) Viewed 5825 times
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JPlanos »

I forgot, this is the last list of the grf than Im using without any error or incompatibility.
If anyone has another idea for the inclusion of new gfr but ONLY for 32bpp, Im all ears.
Im open to new suggestion.
Attachments
Final list (08_Jan_2018).png
(859.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

There's a 32bpp version of GRVTS (not eGRVTS) which gives you a great selection of road vehicles and trams which IMO is still unmatched by any other 32bpp set:

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3kmrtnpnsb78 ... F.tar?dl=0
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JPlanos »

Hi, I downloaded the GRVTSv1.4 but I didn`t understand very well when in the Instruction you say " to use these graphics you need the extra zoom levels version of OpenTTD", in the web page appear a lot of information, which file should I need to download, the zbase set??.

I can´t find the .tar containing the 32bpp GRVTS sprites according with your instructions, can you explain where that file is inside??
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

JPlanos wrote:Hi, I downloaded the GRVTSv1.4 but I didn`t understand very well when in the Instruction you say " to use these graphics you need the extra zoom levels version of OpenTTD", in the web page appear a lot of information, which file should I need to download, the zbase set??.

I can´t find the .tar containing the 32bpp GRVTS sprites according with your instructions, can you explain where that file is inside??
Ignore all of that, that was for an experimental version of OpenTTD when extra zoom was still being developed, not in trunk yet. Just put the grvts32.grf in your newgrf folder like you would any other NewGRF :wink: (use the download link above)
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JPlanos »

I was trying to download from the site https://www.dropbox.com/s/f3kmrtnpnsb78 ... F.tar?dl=0 but my country is blockaded in that web site, Im in Cuba, can you tell me if there is a nother place??, how big size is it??, less than 8mb??.
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

Here, I managed to compress it enough for the forums to accept it, get 7zip to extract it if you don't have it already
Attachments
grvts32.tar.7z
(10.84 MiB) Downloaded 1459 times
JPlanos
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JPlanos »

Hi Emperor, finally I could download the file from another PC, I mean, the original you posted in the url, I will tell you how it was, thanks for all your support, this is the only game that I can play through internet in the multiplayer mode.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”