How to combine a patch-pack with RATT ?

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

How to combine a patch-pack with RATT ?

Post by acs121 »

Hi,

I use JGR's patchpack and RATT for a few months now, and i'd like to know how i could combine RATT with JGR's patchpack - with my friends, we don't want to have separate stops (Infrasharing, you know...), and we like the Trolleybi GRF as well as heavy-haul road in NotRoadTypes + Road-Hog.

What shall we do ?
kamnet

Re: How to combine a patch-pack with RATT ?

Post by kamnet »

Considering that NRT development is at a standstill and there are some substantial issues that the developers will need to decide on before you see more development of either NRT or NRT-enabled NewGRFs, there's no point in trying to merge it into JGRPP because it's just going to lead to disappointment. It would require JGR himself to have to try to integrate it, and it would have to be a release separate from JGRPP. I can't imagine him being enthusiastic about trying to maintain two separate developments when the first one is already substantial.
U.N.Owen
Engineer
Engineer

Post by U.N.Owen »

Joker's Patch Pack supports ratt/nrt.
Also, unlike JRG, it contains very useful 2panell trainsbuying window.

Unfortunately, it support only 32 tracks types, not 64. However after 32+ different tracks from different sets you usually will have a lot of problems witch other limit types (for trains, for cargos, for industries…)
acs121
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by acs121 »

It also doesn't include InfraSharing, and KeldorKatarn, its developer, ragequitted from the forums and deleted all versions available on it.
JGR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by JGR »

kamnet wrote:Considering that NRT development is at a standstill and there are some substantial issues that the developers will need to decide on before you see more development of either NRT or NRT-enabled NewGRFs, there's no point in trying to merge it into JGRPP because it's just going to lead to disappointment. It would require JGR himself to have to try to integrate it, and it would have to be a release separate from JGRPP. I can't imagine him being enthusiastic about trying to maintain two separate developments when the first one is already substantial.
If I were to merge it, it would not be in a separate development/patchpack.
It is pretty low on my list of priorities, but as and when the NRT development is sufficiently done I may look into it.
Ex TTDPatch Coder
Patch Pack, Github

Return to “OpenTTD Development”