Server Not Showing on Listings

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Server Not Showing on Listings

Post by Leanden »

I've been hosting my Britain server on off for a considerable amount of time without any issue. But today when i start the server it doesnt show up on the Server List.

Nothing about my configuration has changed, my ports are still forwarded, openttd still has a firewall exception.

The only thing that has changed is i now have the creator update for Windows 10.

Any ideas?
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Server Not Showing on Listings

Post by NekoMaster »

Are you sure nothing changed with the Ports open for your computers local IP address? I know some routers/modems need to set a computers IP address to a port, so something like Port 3979 might only be open to Local IP : 192.168.2.102 or something like that.

ALso might want to check your fire wall incase those rules got erased by the update.

If all else fails then just redo it all, remove the exceptions from your modem/router and your fire wall and do it all over again for Ports 3978 and 3979
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

NekoMaster wrote:Are you sure nothing changed with the Ports open for your computers local IP address? I know some routers/modems need to set a computers IP address to a port, so something like Port 3979 might only be open to Local IP : 192.168.2.102 or something like that.

ALso might want to check your fire wall incase those rules got erased by the update.

If all else fails then just redo it all, remove the exceptions from your modem/router and your fire wall and do it all over again for Ports 3978 and 3979
IP address hasnt changed, and ive already scrubbed and readded the port forwarding rules to my local firewall and my router and still no luck.
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

I tested the ports coming into my network, and ive found that 3978 is blocked.

It has been forwarded inbound and outbound on my router, and there is a rule on my computer, but it still shows as block.

Port 3979 however shows as open, but even if i try to add my server with the IP address, it still shows as offline.

Connecting directly just returns an error "Network-Game Connection Lost"
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

thing is ports dont open until they're accessed by a program. I mean if you allow them to be open that is. this can make problem solving tricky.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

I was the one trying to join. You can directly join, but the game/his computer refuses to advertise it
Leanden
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Leanden »

Gwyd wrote:I was the one trying to join. You can directly join, but the game/his computer refuses to advertise it
Except even when you directly join you get that error i mentioned above.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”