Spam Issues

Voice your opinions, concerns and suggestions on how to make the Transport Tycoon Forums better.

Moderator: General Forums Moderators

WWTBAM

Re: Spam Issues

Post by WWTBAM »

I have fixed robobot so far as it can now log in and check the birthday list. It currently cannot ban users as a forum upgrade previously broke a moderator only mod that robobot was using. It also needs some more testing as it has been giving a few false positives under testing which may require extra checks to be figured out, written and tested. When all that happens, I plan on writing code for browsing the forums for the bot.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
skyrish19
Engineer
Engineer

Post by skyrish19 »

I found a massive spamming in the Transport Empire section, i just reported one of the users.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

The users are now banned, but only Owen has the power to mass remove all posts by a user. I'm not going to delete 6 times 800 posts one by one :P Reporting one is sufficient, we do see the reports quite clearly when we log in.
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Pyoro
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Pyoro »

Is that a spam bot record? Gotta admire how subtle it is. ^^
Pilot
General Forums Moderator
General Forums Moderator

Post by Pilot »

Oh, it's very subtle, if you somehow think a Fire Alarm is subtle.
Gwyd
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Gwyd »

Well done on clearing all that up... at it's max it covered 160ish pages.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Just had to click “delete user” 6 or so times, but I was out at dinner at the time! I do think that’s a record though...
NekoMaster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by NekoMaster »

OK we really need some way to stop this spam because it seems like every week now theres a wave of spam. I dunno if its some crafty human user or a spam bot but at least some "simple" anti-spam measures like those "I'm not a human" captcha at least.

While its not often i look at the active topics and other forums it is a bit of a pain in the ass seeing 50 spam posts in the active topics pushing down all the other real content from this forum. Then theres the occasional spam post on topics I actually follow.
Image Proud Canadian Image
Nekomasters Projects! (Downloads available on BaNaNaS!) \(>^w^<)/
# NARS ADD-ON SET 2CC | 2cc Rapid Transit For Me! (2ccRTFM) | 2cc Wagons In NML (2ccWIN)
# NML Category System (Organize your GRFS!) <- TT-Forums Exclusive Download!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Yeah, it really needs some frankly simple modifications to the code to get it under control.
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

CAPTCHAs etc are already in place and have been for years. The issue is that the spammers these days ARE humans.

Some kind of link restriction seems the best option, but first I need to upgrade to phpBB 3.2 which is stalled somewhat because I ideally need to rewrite the TT theme to use proSilver as a base (as subSilver2 is no longer supported or updated).
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

NekoMaster wrote:OK we really need some way to stop this spam because it seems like every week now theres a wave of spam. I dunno if its some crafty human user or a spam bot but at least some "simple" anti-spam measures like those "I'm not a human" captcha at least.

While its not often i look at the active topics and other forums it is a bit of a pain in the ass seeing 50 spam posts in the active topics pushing down all the other real content from this forum. Then theres the occasional spam post on topics I actually follow.
Not to mention the fact we do this voluntarily and you probably only see a small portion of the spam we clear daily :)
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)

Return to “Forum Suggestions and Feedback”